Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Whats everyone plans for Cheltenham week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thomas Shelby View Post
    Booked the week off work.

Going with Mrs for Champion Hurdle.

She is back at work on Wed, so the rest of the week is paper, morning line, cafe for a full english, bookies, pub.
    Welcome Thomas.

Mrs OV likes to go too.

Noticed lots of ladies posting about the fez on twitter but cant seem to get many registered on here. Its not like they dont have opinions

Comment

I'll settle for a better Tuesday afternoon than last year when I did my absolute brains on Irving.

I took the bookie's offer thinking that he couldn't be out the four.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        Welcome Thomas.

Mrs OV likes to go too.

Noticed lots of ladies posting about the fez on twitter but cant seem to get many registered on here. Its not like they dont have opinions
        you're right about them having opinions OV, seriously though, some of the girls on the racing programmes are at least as knowledgeable as the guys

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
          you're right about them having opinions OV, seriously though, some of the girls on the racing programmes are at least as knowledgeable as the guys

Lydia knows her horses.

Cathryn Fry @cathrynfry is very good if you follow her on twitter.
          Melissa Jones is very good too @fillyonfire.

Comment

I'm not sure what Cheltenham will have in store for us but I can't bloody wait!
            Absolute brilliance is what to expect! Enjoy it mate. Don't be scared to wander off down side streets and stuff, there's often great pubs and fun to be had.

Moon under the Water is a perfect anchor place as it's central and if you want to party with all the rest of us idiots (at night) go to either Apres Ski bar in the Brewery Complex (loads of bars and restaurants in here) or get up the Queens Hotel. Loads of live music in both.

Good luck everyone, may the bookies be living in mud huts come Friday night

Comment

Cheers jokersjow. Hopefully few of us will be loaded with cash after 5:15 next Friday.

Comment

Let's have 'em. Attack at the right time and a fiver on the delightful Coral Cup or Pertemps when everything is in their favour.

Comment

Going down Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday in front of the box.

Comment

I'm there all 4 days, can't consider missing any of it. Group of us being going every day for years, some of them since late 70's. I started going for the whole Festival in '99, prior to that just took the days off and watched it on TV/bookies.

Comment

Evening ladies & gents
                      New member on here, love reading some expert opinions, been doing my spuds at the Fez for many years, goes two ways, either have a screamer or a mare ....
                      Taking the FIL on Tue, lads day out on the Wed and taking the wife on the Thu, Fri in front of the TV, far too busy for me on site
                      Good luck to you all next week, get those bets on early and don't go changing your minds late doors !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The three legged donkey View Post
                        Evening ladies & gents
                        New member on here, love reading some expert opinions, been doing my spuds at the Fez for many years, goes two ways, either have a screamer or a mare ....
                        Taking the FIL on Tue, lads day out on the Wed and taking the wife on the Thu, Fri in front of the TV, far too busy for me on site
                        Good luck to you all next week, get those bets on early and don't go changing your minds late doors !!!
                        Welcome ...morning prices is where the value is

Comment

Popping my Cheltenham cherry next week, going for all four days. I have rediscovered my youth, counting down the sleeps, butterflies in stomach etc.

Almost all my ante-post bets are still involved and most are trading shorter now. But as we all know that counts for nothing if they don't perform on the day.

Just the handicaps to solve now.

Comment

Sunday and Monday check for any last bits of info and choose horses for races I've not bet on yet
                            Normally go Tuesday or Wednesday but not this year, so lie in Tuesday and catch Morning line on plus one, then out to the pub for the build up and a few jars before it begins
                            Wednesday watch at home
                            Thursday out for our usual World Hurdle Thursday
                            Friday see where I stand with the bookies before betting anymore ��
                            Good Luck to everyone and enjoy the days wether at the Course or elsewhere

Comment

Leave home at 6.30am Tuesday, into digs at Chelters for 9.30am for a cuppa with the landlady then it's up to the Bayshill for 11am for a few black ones. Taxi booked from Starline for 12.45am, onto the course at 1pm. Placepots on, onto the Bestmate Stand ready for the action. Most bets on Ante-post or in the morning. On course now never bet in the ring, no value at all. I tend to loiter around the Tote for the handicaps - some definite value if you fancy one at a price or place only.
                              Bus back into Town after the last, usually draw stumps around midnight.
                              Up for the paper and Morning Line (on C4+1 sometimes!!) and repeat above.
                              Drive back home Thursday evening, drop the kids at School on Friday and feet up with the paper and take in Gold Cup day in and idiot free zone. No tweed wearing fools trying to lay out a picnic on the Grandstand steps in my house !!

Enjoy everybody.

Comment

Will be going up on Tues,weds (full of optimism) rest of the week will be glued to the TV and commiserating

Comment

Working...
                                X