Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Festival Trophy Chase (3m handicap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
    MRMcGoldrick this is one of me biggest bets on the first day. Managed to get Pendra 12's after missing 16's and 10's. Also placed at the Festival before which is good.
    Well done Liam!

Does anyone know the stats on what the favourite sp has been for the last 3-5 years?

Comment

Sorry to detract from the Pendra love for this race currently going on but I have taken a harder look at this race and can no longer see the value in Pendra despite his breathing op.

I will however, suggest a completely under the radar alternative that I think could run a huge race at a big price...

The Henry de Bromhead trained Grand Jesture @ 33/1. A maiden over hurdles despite a few near misses he was always going to be a better chaser and subsequently delivered on his first chase start. Still a relative novice to chasing having had only 5 chase starts, he ran some good races in defeat when stepped up to 3m, going down by 8 1/4 lengths to My Murphy and 2 lengths to Chartreux in only his 2nd and 3rd chase starts respectively. He improved to win on his 4th start beating Sadler'sflaure and the highly regarded Foxrock over 2m6f and was quietly fancied in the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown over Xmas, only for conditions to come up very testing and he subsequently ran no sort of race when failing to get through the ground and can be forgiven that run considering it's his only bad run over fences to date.

He is not overly well-treated by the British handicapper, has no Cheltenham form and De Bromhead admits he's very talented by headstrong..."He's a horse with a lot of ability, but he has his own way of doing things and it's a case of trying to get him to produce it. We had to reverse him into the ring today to get him in. He's a real character."

However, he's a horse crying out for better ground, is still unexposed over fences and looks sure to improve. He stays the trip very well, has a very good claimer doing the steering in Johnny Burke who will take off a handy 3lbs, has been deliberately kept fresh and laid out for this race and matches a lot of the trends of previous winners.

In a race that has thrown up winners at 50/1, 33/1 and 28/1 since 2007, he seems an ideal sort to land another big price shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
        Sorry to detract from the Pendra love for this race currently going on but I have taken a harder look at this race and can no longer see the value in Pendra despite his breathing op.

I will however, suggest a completely under the radar alternative that I think could run a huge race at a big price...

The Henry de Bromhead trained Grand Jesture @ 33/1. A maiden over hurdles despite a few near misses he was always going to be a better chaser and subsequently delivered on his first chase start. Still a relative novice to chasing having had only 5 chase starts, he ran some good races in defeat when stepped up to 3m, going down by 8 1/4 lengths to My Murphy and 2 lengths to Chartreux in only his 2nd and 3rd chase starts respectively. He improved to win on his 4th start beating Sadler'sflaure and the highly regarded Foxrock over 2m6f and was quietly fancied in the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown over Xmas, only for conditions to come up very testing and he subsequently ran no sort of race when failing to get through the ground and can be forgiven that run considering it's his only bad run over fences to date.

He is not overly well-treated by the British handicapper, has no Cheltenham form and De Bromhead admits he's very talented by headstrong..."He's a horse with a lot of ability, but he has his own way of doing things and it's a case of trying to get him to produce it. We had to reverse him into the ring today to get him in. He's a real character."

However, he's a horse crying out for better ground, is still unexposed over fences and looks sure to improve. He stays the trip very well, has a very good claimer doing the steering in Johnny Burke who will take off a handy 3lbs, has been deliberately kept fresh and laid out for this race and matches a lot of the trends of previous winners.

In a race that has thrown up winners at 50/1, 33/1 and 28/1 since 2007, he seems an ideal sort to land another big price shock.
        Definitely a good ground horse and never seemed to have got the ground when stepped up to 3m+. Has beaten Fox Rock over 2m6f. Could be an interesting e/w shout.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
          Definitely a good ground horse and never seemed to have got the ground when stepped up to 3m+. Has beaten Fox Rock over 2m6f. Could be an interesting e/w shout.
          His foxrock form is by far his standout form and if he takes to Cheltenham getting good ground could well be a live chance. He's got my money each way anyway

Comment

Nice bit of research on GJ there lads. Would the reversing into parade ring part of qiote not put you off ? I might babk him at the start like UDS

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
              Nice bit of research on GJ there lads. Would the reversing into parade ring part of qiote not put you off ? I might babk him at the start like UDS
              From what I've seen of him he doesn't seem to get too animated in the lead up to his races but isn't perhaps the most straightforward before a race so it might be an idea to see him before the off

Comment

The money for Pendra just keeps coming in. Now 6-7's. OC playing up and showing higher odds than the actual bookies are offering.

Comment

Working...
                X