Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 JLT Novices Chase 2.5 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    Agree, they all have questions marks, though I think AS looks the big danger. He seemed to outpace VL and his hurdle form on good ground was Superb.
    Just realised I got Vautour and Don Cossack mixed up, apologies. Question marks about Vautours jumping under pressure recently.

Definitely AS would be where my money would go towards the head of the market, very consistent and I agree I don't think the ground will hold any concerns.

Comment

I want to hit the cash out button on Gitane Du Berlais for JLT. Can anyone confirm if Gitane Du Berlais is 100% not going to the Fest?

Comment

I want to hit the cash out button on Gitane Du Berlais for JLT. Can anyone confirm if Gitane Du Berlais is 100% not going to the Fest?
        Don't know about the festival LR but I know he's running in a decent race at Auteil tomorrow. V.close to the festival so I doubt it unless its part of the plan or he hoses up...

Comment

According to Mullins in racing post its not running at chelt....going for a race in France tomo.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Another demonstration how trainers have no consideration for punters and their money. A few days ago in a stable tour he says JLT for GDB.

Without the punters will the sport be where it is now and will the prize money be as good?
            Last edited by loveracing; 28 February 2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Mullins threw a hissy fit at Leopardstown today.
              Didn't want his horses filmed schooling.
              Must have been afraid of Vautour doing a Ballycasey.

Comment

I hope GDB comes nowhere in todays race, the greedy git.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Another demonstration how trainers have no consideration for punters and their money. A few days ago in a stable tour he says JLT for GDB.

Without the punters will the sport be where it is now and will the prize money be as good?
                  Yes I posted on here a couple of weeks back about this. I was suprised that he originally said she was going to run because then you would have her and Vautour wanting to front run. Extremely frustrating I know, he would be better off saying he is undecided (which he does in the main) rather than say something and change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
                    Yes I posted on here a couple of weeks back about this. I was suprised that he originally said she was going to run because then you would have her and Vautour wanting to front run. Extremely frustrating I know, he would be better off saying he is undecided (which he does in the main) rather than say something and change his mind.
                    A strange one.

On Vautour/UDS

Mullins said: "They worked over more or less a mile and a half and jumped a few fences. I was very pleased with them and they put in a good round of jumping. Vautour was very good."

Comment

Looks like WM confirmed GDB not going to the Fest this year after her good performance today...

Gitane Du Berlais ran her rivals ragged as she made all the running to win unchallenged in the Prix Juigne at Auteuil.

The French-bred mare, trained by Willie Mullins, soon built-up a long lead under Jacques Ricou and though that was reduced in the closing stages, she never looked like being caught.

Gitane Du Berlais had won the Grade One Scilly Isles Novices' Chase at Sandown on her previous start and, sent off the 1/-8 favourite, she followed up with the minimum of fuss in this Grade Three hurdle over two and a quarter miles.

Dos Santos was second ahead of Nando in third.

Gordon Elliott's Bayan, the other Irish-trained runner, had every chance but faded into sixth.

Gitane Du Berlais remains engaged at the Cheltenham Festival and was cut to 10/1 from 14/1 for the JLT Chase and 14/1 from 25/1 for the OLBG Mares' Hurdle in Sky Bet's 'non-runner, no bet' markets.

However Mullins indicated that he had other plans for the winner, saying: "I was more surprised with what she did in the Scilly Isles than that. We thought after Sandown we'd go to France as it was the start of the Auteuil season so we might have an edge on race fitness.

"When we looked at what we would have to do to win a good prize in Cheltenham this looked a nice option.

"It was either go to Auteuil or to Naas or to Cheltenham. She won't go to Cheltenham, she'll go to Fairyhouse for the Ryanair Gold Cup. That's her next target."

Comment

They should tell the bookies coz GDB has been cut for this across the board, 5/1 with Ladbrokes

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          They should tell the bookies coz GDB has been cut for this across the board, 5/1 with Ladbrokes
                          Yes I don't understand that. I can understand the nrnb firms shortening her right up but not ladbrokes. Typical of the bookies leading up to Cheltenham, anything that wins an egg and spoon race gets shortened up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
                            Yes I don't understand that. I can understand the nrnb firms shortening her right up but not ladbrokes. Typical of the bookies leading up to Cheltenham, anything that wins an egg and spoon race gets shortened up as well.
                            Obviously not believing what they hear from Willie, quel surprise

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                              Obviously not believing what they hear from Willie, quel surprise
                              I already cashed out on GDB and lost 10%. Had 16,s.

Comment

I already cashed out on GDB and lost 10%. Had 16,s.
                                Bummer, he must be an unlikely runner though, and if he does run I don't think he's a 5/1 shot, 16's sounds more like it, he'd probably set the race up for something else, damaging Vautours chance in the process

Comment

Working...
                                X