Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone got stats for performance of horses getting into cheltengam handicaps under a penalty ?

Comment

Anyone else think Brother Brian looks a decent play in this ? Twice the price (in places) than Call the cops despite beating that horse at Kempton and then showing improved form at Cheltenham chasing home rock n ruby - we'll in if taking that form at face value ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
        Anyone else think Brother Brian looks a decent play in this ? Twice the price (in places) than Call the cops despite beating that horse at Kempton and then showing improved form at Cheltenham chasing home rock n ruby - we'll in if taking that form at face value ?
        I think Call the cops is one of these Henderson horses that needs good ground so might not read much into those Kemoton runs. I don't know that I fancy either tbh. I am inclined to stick with the bleeding obvious in Edeymi.

Comment

I like the look of BB's form. The trainer quoted the step up to 3m will suit and if thats true he should be in with a shout. He has tried to make the running in his last two races which could be his undoing in this race, though I am sure he will be coming here with different tactics. He coped with the step up in class and I like him for this race.

Comment

Call The Cops is likely to be given the chance to follow up Saturday's impressive Doncaster win in the Pertemps Network Final at the Cheltenham Festival next Wednesday.

The Nicky Henderson-trained six-year-old was having just his second start of the season and was expected to improve for the outing on his first run over three miles.

However, he ran away with jockey Andrew Tinkler throughout and bounded clear to win by five lengths.

"I'd gone away for a few days in Tenerife and couldn't believe watching it on TV how easily he won," said owner Matt Morgan.

"We thought Batavir would take a lot of beating and that we'd need the run, but the favourite didn't run his race and our lad loved being back on good ground.

"Nicky says he's absolutely bouncing and that he didn't have a hard race.

"All things being equal, and everything going to plan, I reckon we'll be running."

Comment

Think Brother Brian has an excellent chance. The only thing that would worry me is the long lay off. Call The Cops on good ground must have a great chance as well, stayed on really well in that Kempton race over shorter and on ground softer than ideal. I think he will be even more impressive over a stiff 3 miles. He isn't a bet in advance though as he has no chance if it isn't good ground.

Comment

Mytentoryours: I can't quite like his chances for coral aswell meets some good stats in that race. Which one you reckon he go for out 2 before I place me bet?

Comment

You've got good ground lads, read this:

From Clerk of the Course: "While Claisse is content with the current state of the ground, temperatures are set to rise towards the end of the week and with little rain forecast, the ground looks set to dry out.

"The ground on the Old Course which is used for the first two days is good to soft, soft in places and it is the same on the cross-country course," he told Racing UK.

"The New Course is slightly quicker and is good to soft.

"We are forecast some heavy showers for the next two days, some wintry but only two to three millimetres in total and then it is due to get significantly warmer towards the end of the week.

"The forecast says it could be 6C or 7C overnight and double figures through the day but there is no sign of any more rain beyond Wednesday.

"It's looking like Festival week will be warm and dry with chilly nights, but there are currently no signs we'll see the frost covers.

"Watering through the week is a possibility. We aim to start with ground on the slow side of good, it is difficult to know how fast the ground will dry out, though, so we may need to water through the week which we have done five or six times in the last 14 years."

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                    Mytentoryours: I can't quite like his chances for coral aswell meets some good stats in that race. Which one you reckon he go for out 2 before I place me bet?
                    I'd go nrnb to be safe but I think he will be more suited to the pertemps. Watched when he won over 2m 4f on the new course and he seemed to do them for stamina. I think he would get outpaced over the old course in the Coral Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by jokersjow View Post
                      You've got good ground lads, read this:

From Clerk of the Course: "While Claisse is content with the current state of the ground, temperatures are set to rise towards the end of the week and with little rain forecast, the ground looks set to dry out.

"The ground on the Old Course which is used for the first two days is good to soft, soft in places and it is the same on the cross-country course," he told Racing UK.

"The New Course is slightly quicker and is good to soft.

"We are forecast some heavy showers for the next two days, some wintry but only two to three millimetres in total and then it is due to get significantly warmer towards the end of the week.

"The forecast says it could be 6C or 7C overnight and double figures through the day but there is no sign of any more rain beyond Wednesday.

"It's looking like Festival week will be warm and dry with chilly nights, but there are currently no signs we'll see the frost covers.

"Watering through the week is a possibility. We aim to start with ground on the slow side of good, it is difficult to know how fast the ground will dry out, though, so we may need to water through the week which we have done five or six times in the last 14 years."
                      Haha yes, the festival actual starts with quicker ground if they have some wet days before a few dry days in the lead up because it means he resists watering. They could run the champion hurdle in about 3m 40s and the ground will still "officially" be good to soft

Comment

I'm going with Big Easy ew here. Staying, ground and big fields no problem, trainer won it last year. Could be vulnerable to a well handicapped horse but this one will be there, should like the hill and will battle.

Comment

Has Mydor any chance of making the cut for this race??

Comment

Pertemps ODDS

<iframe width=720 height=1400 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Npp6nh0A8C4Sec_vXgdFW5k5gv9HYbmVXNxOvfZpClM/pubhtml?gid=2097658512&amp;single=true&amp;widget= true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
                            Last edited by Old Vic; 7 March 2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

The Big Easy Jim McGraths tip for the week.

Comment

Would it be such a surprise if Pineau De Re went close again? Better renewal last year and would have won in a few more strides. Drying ground not a problem, competitive run didn't damage National target last year and stable landed today's big handicap.

Comment

Working...
                                X