Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vyta Du Roc, Caracci Apache, Out Sam

Vyta Du Roc’s a chaser for next year and goes for the Albert Bartlett along with Caracci Apache and Out Sam, so we’ve none in the Neptune. Vyta Du Roc has had a very good season and the only time he was beaten was in a Grade One by Parlour Games. I think going up to three miles in the Albert Bartlett will help him as he has been going through flat spots in his races. Caracci Apache will go there as well and he has done nothing wrong this season, as will Out Sam, who has continued to progress Vyta Du Roc and Caracci Apache will work at Kempton on Wednesday. All three are chasers for next year.

Comment

In RP : Nico will stay on CA. Out Sam working well at home.

Comment

Wylie

BLACK HERCULES

(Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle, Friday March 13, 5-1)

“He’ll run in the Albert Bartlett over three miles. He’s a monster, and I’m sure he’ll stay that no problem. He’s been in great form, although it’s a bit of a shame that we haven’t been able to get him out since December.

“There haven’t been that many three miles races to put him in, and that’s what he needs. Willie’s looking forward to seeing him in action again, and there’s also a chance he could roll on to Aintree and Punchestown too.”

Comment

With the help of the betting guide i have now had a better look at this. There two that meet most of the stats. They are Blaklion and Thomas Brown. I have decided to back Blaklion. Ran at Cheltenham and won and won at Sandown.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            With the help of the betting guide i have now had a better look at this. There two that meet most of the stats. They are Blaklion and Thomas Brown. I have decided to back Blaklion. Ran at Cheltenham and won and won at Sandown.
            Whilst I rate Blaklion he lost to Caracci Apache lto, can't see any reason why that would be different at Cheltenham but good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
              Whilst I rate Blaklion he lost to Caracci Apache lto, can't see any reason why that would be different at Cheltenham but good luck
              If you back Blaklion then you gotta back CA as well. That was CA's first try over 3m and he will surley come on from that.

Comment

He might like the rain what's coming next 10 days before festival. Might be the ground he wants.

Comment

I have always been bullish over TB and happy to stick with him. He was under the radar until The Morning Line this morning.

TB would have been Zeroshades by over 15-20L at Chelts if over 3m.
                  Last edited by loveracing; 28 February 2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                    I have always been bullish over TB and happy to stick with him. He was under the radar until The Morning Line this morning.

TB would have been Zeroshades by over 15-20L at Chelts if over 3m.
                    I think Thomas Brown and Blacklion are both good bets. The only thing I would say LR about the form tie with Zeroshadesofgrey is that in the TB race is was a good honest pace they went round at. In the CA race they crawled for 2 miles and it turned the finish into a sprint which is far from CA's strength but he wore them down eventually. The Albert Barlett should be run at a good lick so hopefully more of a stamina test which should suit all of TB, Bl and CA. Actually probably one of the races I'm looking to most at the festival

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
                      I think the winner got a much better ride that day. If STD was available I could see that form reversed. Just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        I think the winner got a much better ride that day. If STD was available I could see that form reversed. Just my take.
                        Was it Ryan Hatch that rode, didn't he take over from Jamie Moore the time before and won, he gave him a really good ride that day,

Comment

Just watched it again and don't think there was anything wrong with the ride as such.

They just ambled round and made the last 3/4 of a mile more of a sprint finish as such which should of suited Bl more than CA.

My take on it is that TB and CA are the more unexposed progressive novices so are better value at the prices. Another one to consider if you like Blaklion is Vyta du Roc through form lines with Parlour Games and the step up in distance looks sure to suit

Comment

Is no more heroes an intended runner ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              Is no more heroes an intended runner ?
                              Yes expected to line up. Racecourse gallop at Leopardstown earlier today. Plenty of Cheltenham 2015 winners there today if the upbeat comments of Mullins and Elliott are anything to go by

Comment

Paul Nolan

"Fine Article has come out of his last race at Clonmel well. He's 100 per cent. We are just waiting as long as we can to make a decision on Cheltenham. He'd want the ground more soft than good to soft," said the trainer.

"He's in the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle and the Martin Pipe (Conditional Jockeys' Hurdle), but we'd be more inclined to go for the three-mile race (Albert Bartlett).

Comment

Working...
                                X