Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Weatherbys Champion Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
    I have heard from a good source that Pylonthepressure is working the house down at Mullins yard.Ive taken the 14s with Hills and done my max ew bet on him.
    Bay Of Freedom was impressed with him too.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
      Bay Of Freedom was impressed with him too.
      I was impressed and also with Up for Review who may run on Sunday; if he does I would expect him to win and move to favouritism. On a more selfish note: Bay of Freedom worked 1 1/2 miles after raćing at Punchestown yesterday with Katie Walsh up. Went well and very pleased with his progress since October. Just need Mullins not to send a dozen so that he can get in the race!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
        I was impressed and also with Up for Review who may run on Sunday; if he does I would expect him to win and move to favouritism. On a more selfish note: Bay of Freedom worked 1 1/2 miles after raćing at Punchestown yesterday with Katie Walsh up. Went well and very pleased with his progress since October. Just need Mullins not to send a dozen so that he can get in the race!
        Fingers crossed for you BOF.

Up for review was the one Katie rated top at The Goat preview. If you get in will she be able to ride for you or will she be on one of Willies ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
          Fingers crossed for you BOF.

Up for review was the one Katie rated top at The Goat preview. If you get in will she be able to ride for you or will she be on one of Willies ?
          Willie definitely has first call but it all depends how many he sends. He has Ruby, Patrick, Paul Townend and probably David Casey and then it could be Bryan Cooper for a Gigginstown horse (although it looks like General Principle may be going from Gordon Elliott's). It's going to be an interesting (and stressful) couple of weeks.

Comment

Just had a nice 20/1 winner at Clonmel, the horse in question is Denamescapes me, trained and ridden by Miss E Lalor, beat a Giggys hotpot, with another Giggy horse second fav, with a superb burst of speed at the end, in soft ground too. Worth a look if it turns up at the fez.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
              Just had a nice 20/1 winner at Clonmel, the horse in question is Denamescapes me, trained and ridden by Miss E Lalor, beat a Giggys hotpot, with another Giggy horse second fav, with a superb burst of speed at the end, in soft ground too. Worth a look if it turns up at the fez.
              I am liking that name. Excellent festival funds booster MMG.

Comment

Cheers OV, keep an eye out for this one, wouldn't be surprised if a big owner tried to get hold of him, just in time for the fez, kind of thing JP would do.

Comment

Monn racer snippit

Moon Racer is a very interesting entry in the bumper after winning so well over course and distance in October – how is he doing at home?
                  He is doing fine. He was impressive at Cheltenham in October and following a little break, the plan was always to bring him back for the Festival bumper.

Comment

Just the 3 in the Naas bumper

NAAS, Sunday, 22nd February 2015 Listing generated on 20-FEB-15 at 11:53
                    (4:50) 36G Paddy Power Late Shopping(P-Am)Flat Race €9,315.00 ( 2m - 4,7yo )[MAX 25]
                    No Horse Owner Trainer Rider Wgt
                    1 Tycoon Prince Gigginstown House Stud (GElliott) MsNCarberry 11,13
                    2 Up For Review Andrea Wylie (WPMullins) MrPWMullins 11,11
                    3 Tombstone Gigginstown House Stud (GElliott) MrJJCodd 11,10

been a useful pointer in the past

Of the 5 runners in this race last year, 5 have run since in 18 races. 2(40.0%) have won 2 times and 2 have been placed in 3 races.
                    Previous Years
                    2014 Killultagh Vic 5 11-10 Mr P W Mullins 2/1 (W P Mullins)
                    2013 Outlander 5 11-13 Mr P W Mullins 11/10Fav (W P Mullins)
                    2012 Rory O'Moore 7 11-4 Mr J W O'Neill 10/3 (Ronald O'Neill)
                    2011 Samain 5 11-10 Mr P W Mullins 7/4JFav (W P Mullins)
                    2010 Abandoned
                    2009 Rite Of Passage 5 11-7 Mr R P McNamara 7/2 (D K Weld)
                    2008 Gonebeyondrecall 5 11-6 K Schous 6/1 (N F Glynn)
                    2007 Bootlegger 5 10-11 Mr P W Mullins 5/2Fav (Thomas Mullins)
                    2006 Hairy Molly 6 11-9 Mr G J Power 4/6Fav (Joseph Crowley)
                    2005 Mister Top Notch 6 11-7 Mr M J O'Connor 8/1 (D E Fitzgerald)
                    2004 Sweet Kiln 5 10-6 S E Ryder 7/1 (James Bowe)
                    2003 John Oliver 5 11-8 Mr P Fenton 1/1Fav (E J O'Grady)
                    2002 Pizarro 5 12-1 Mr P Fenton 5/2JFav (E J O'Grady)
                    2001 Native Jack 7 12-4 Mr P Fenton 8/1 (L Young)
                    2000 River Clodagh 6 11-4 Mr M T Hartrey 14/1 (Henry De Bromhead)
                    1999 Take Control 5 11-3 Mr A K Wyse 25/1 (John Joseph Murphy)

Comment

I'm hoping that Elliott has the two in so he can get a good line of form for General Principle

Comment

Love the avatar I've been given BTW !

Comment

Originally posted by waywardlad View Post
                          I'm hoping that Elliott has the two in so he can get a good line of form for General Principle
                          Our resident expert BOF on General Principle

Won very impressively first time and, despite being a Gigginstown horse, Gordon Elliott (trainer) has declared that he’s going to Cheltenham. We shall have to wait and see about that but definitely an interesting contender if he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by waywardlad View Post
                            Love the avatar I've been given BTW !
                            Some jump

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              Our resident expert BOF on General Principle

Won very impressively first time and, despite being a Gigginstown horse, Gordon Elliott (trainer) has declared that he’s going to Cheltenham. We shall have to wait and see about that but definitely an interesting contender if he goes.
                              Yes, I backed him on debut and he was straight in the notebook, however at the time discounted him for Cheltenham cos of the obvious, then I saw Elliott interviewed on ATR saying "if I get my way he'll be going" at which point he was 33s with B365. Waited, then opened the Weekender and read that, straight online but 33s was now 20 !!
                              Fingers and all else crossed he makes the trip - I believe his breeding points to good ground effectiveness.

Comment

I see Au Quart De Tour has gone right out with Paddy Power, looks like Bordini and PylonthePressure will be the Ricci represntatives this year

Comment

Working...
                                X