Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Weatherbys Champion Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willie Mullins is trying to juggle his smart team of bumper horses and come up with the right combinations for the major races.

After Stone Hard won at Gowran Park on Thursday, booking his place on the Cheltenham trip, Mullins mooted some possible targets away from Prestbury Park, principally for Sunday's impressive Leopardstown winner Balko Des Flos.

Up For Review, a winner by 10 lengths on his only bumper to date, and Bordini, who has won at Punchestown and Navan, are also in the mix.

"There are still a few winners' races to come and Up For Review could run in one of those," said Mullins.

"Bordini has done his bit and won't need another run.

"I said after he won on Sunday that Balko Des Flos could go to Cheltenham, but we have decided to go for the four-year-old race at Limerick with him."

Comment

Gigginstown had the winner in the bumper at Thurles today, Valgor du Ronceray, ridden by Nina Carberry, looked very impressive, seemed to beat a decent field more or less on the bridle.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
        Gigginstown had the winner in the bumper at Thurles today, Valgor du Ronceray, ridden by Nina Carberry, looked very impressive, seemed to beat a decent field more or less on the bridle.
        Don't think they like the Cheltenham Bumper. Kept good company that horse.

Comment

Will he live up to his name

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Michael Buckley &amp; Rich Ricci owned Newsworthy goes in the Div1 Bumper at Kempton.</p>&mdash; Cheltenham Zone (@CheltenhamZone) <a href="https://twitter.com/CheltenhamZone/status/563312095782240256">February 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Timeform Ratings

122p SEE THE WORLD
            122p STONE HARD
            119p MOON RACER
            119p VALERIAN BRIDGE
            119 LYRICAL THEATRE
            119 URUBU D'IRLANDE
            118p FORGOTTEN RULES
            118+ SUPASUNDAE
            118 BLACK HERCULES
            118 EL NAMOOSE
            118 JOSHUA LANE
            118 KILLULTAGH
            118 LORD OF LORDS
            118 RATHVINDEN
            117+ GAITWAY
            117+ RED SHERLOCK
            117 PRINCELY CONN
            117 SHEAMUS
            117 VIGIL
            116+ MACBRIDE

Comment

Does anybody have any info on the likelihood of Stone Hard definitely appearing in the Bumper?

Of all the bumper horses I've seen this season he impressed me the most and as long as he takes to better ground, will be a reasonable bullet at 16/1 (drifted out from 12s over the last week). I'm just anxious about diving in before knowing which of the Mullins horses are being aimed at this. Plus as mentioned previously I know Gigginstown often swerve the Cheltenham Bumper...

Comment

Originally posted by Lessey View Post
                Does anybody have any info on the likelihood of Stone Hard definitely appearing in the Bumper?

Of all the bumper horses I've seen this season he impressed me the most and as long as he takes to better ground, will be a reasonable bullet at 16/1 (drifted out from 12s over the last week). I'm just anxious about diving in before knowing which of the Mullins horses are being aimed at this. Plus as mentioned previously I know Gigginstown often swerve the Cheltenham Bumper...
                No great insight but preoccupied by who might run as my horse, Bay of Freedom, will hopefully be running in this race. (I have set up a website to chronicle the nervous journey www.cheltenhamdream.com)
                I would say, with Gordon Elliott indicating in this week's Weekender that General Principle will run,things are getting more complicated. Others have suggested Valerian Bridge has been waiting for better ground and will also go. I would agree that Stone Hard has been very impressive but it is difficult to believe that, after so many years (10+) of not having a runner, Gigginstown will run three this year. I would want to see them in the Parade Ring first. Selfishly, I want my horse to get into the race so the fewer Mullins sends the better

Comment

Welcome on board Bayoffdream. Have seen the blog.

Would love to have one with even smallest sniff of making Cheltenham.

Been in a few syndicates but didnt even get to the course !

Comment

Thanks Mayo. Enjoy the site and hope to be a regular contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      Welcome on board Bayoffdream. Have seen the blog.
                      !
                      Bayoffreedom is a great name.

Not convinced by Bayoffdream

Comment

Au Quart De Tour out to 19s on Betfair - nothing to lay.

Great to have an owner on the board.

Welcome to Bay of freedom.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gordon Elliott has said General Principle is a candidate for the Cheltenham Bumper <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/tank?src=hash">#tank</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/woooosh?src=hash">#woooosh</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/howfar?src=hash">#howfar</a></p>&mdash; Cheltenham Zone (@CheltenhamZone) <a href="https://twitter.com/CheltenhamZone/status/567031958728093696">February 15, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Just for fun I went through many of the horses in the Bumper on the website http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/horse-by-horse. Just one person's opinion

Comment

Bayoffreedom I really hope your lad gets there. Would be a great achievement so all the best of luck to you!

Nice summary write up too. Annoyingly though the two i really fancy and the one I have already backed belong to Gigginstown. They have a nice crop of classy bumper horses this year so I'm praying they aim some at the bumper this year. Stone hard has been faultless so far and whilst he needs to go on better ground, he's a Robin des Champs gelding so that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Does anyone have any info or quotes on Pipe's Moon Racer?

Comment

Working...
                                X