Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Neptune Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allez Colombiere was originally fav for the supreme but after a poor run, I think there was some physical problem, he hasn't been mentioned again, if he came back it could be another in the mix, anyone know anything about the horse, and whether he's likely to run again.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
      Allez Colombiere was originally fav for the supreme but after a poor run, I think there was some physical problem, he hasn't been mentioned again, if he came back it could be another in the mix, anyone know anything about the horse, and whether he's likely to run again.
      Dead I'm afraid MrmcGoldrick.

Is there any news on West Wizard or Gaitway ? Gaitway beat teaforthree in a bumper if ai am right. Out Sam is another one with form with ate a for two.

Comment

I added Alvisio Ville to me portfolio @ 16's

Comment

When do we get non runner no bet on these races ? Too many options !

Comment

Originally posted by johnno View Post
            When do we get non runner no bet on these races ? Too many options !
            Usually last week in Feb

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
              Dead I'm afraid MrmcGoldrick.

Is there any news on West Wizard or Gaitway ? Gaitway beat teaforthree in a bumper if ai am right. Out Sam is another one with form with ate a for two.
              OMG, I hadn't read that he died I just thought he had a mild injury, I saw the race and he just appeared to have been pulled up as a precaution.

Comment

What have we got

Parlour Games (8), Ferguson trained track and Grade 1 winner
                Douvan (10), runs in supreme
                Shaneshill (10), possible for Ruby but other options
                Tell Us More (12), Gigginstown/ Mullins - slight possibility Supreme under consideration ?
                Alvisio Ville c (16), JP/AP/Mullins - Supreme also possibility ?
                LAmi Serge (16), Henderson Supreme horse ?
                Out Sam (16), Henderson posssibility - seen once beat Tea for two
                Value At Risk (16), 3rd behind Shaneshill at Punchestown - Dan Skelton breakthrough horse ?
                Windsor Park (16), Weld trained Leopardstown winner - undefeated in 2014
                Jollyallan (20), JP/AP and Harry Fry - will be kep apart from Alviso Ville
                Morning Run (20), Undefeated Mullins trained Mare
                No More Heroes (20), Albert Bartlett more likely ?
                Vyta Du Roc (20), Aimed at Albert Bartlett last reports
                War Sound (20),

then ....

Arbre De Vie (25), Black Hercules (25), Blaklion (25), Jollys Cracked It (25), Kilcrea Vale (25), McKinley (25), Nichols Canyon (25), On Impulse (25), Open Eagle (25), Outlander (25), Tea For Two (25), Thomas Brown (25), Three Musketeers (25), Vigil (25), Zeroeshadesofgrey (25), Alpha Des Obeaux (33), Ballagh (33), Battle Born (33), Bitofapuzzle (33), Brother Tedd (33), Caracci Apache (33), Definitly Red (33), El Namoose (33), Emerging Talent (33), Free Expression (33), Gaitway (33), Golantilla (33), Identity Thief (33), Killultagh Vic (33), Kings Tempest (33), Mahler Lad (33), Measureofmydreams (33), Milsean (33), Montys Meadow (33), Nathans Pride (33), Native River (33), On Tour (33), Robinsfirth (33), Seedling (33), Sempre Medici (33), Sheamus (33), Silver Concorde (33), Sugar Baron (33), Tara Point (33), Uranna (33), Utmost Zeal (33), Vago Collonges (33), West Wizard (33), Young Mr Gorsky (33), Arpege dAlene (40), Come On Laurie (40), Great Try (40), Its A Close Call (40), Laser Hawk (40), Long Dog (40), Max Dynamite (40), Monbeg Gold (40), Shantou Bob (40), Alisier DIrlande (50), Champagne Present (50), Miles To Memphis (50), Mosspark (50), Ordo Ab Chao (50), Pulled Mussel (50), Royal Vacation (50), The Big Apple (50), Norse Legend (66), Padge (66)

Comment

anybody got aline on where Jollyallan will go ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                    I've only seen him connected with the supreme, that appears the target at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      From fry website

hoping for with a
                      decisive success in the Class 2 Novices Hurdle at Kempton on Boxing Day.

The strong early pace suited him well as he has such a high cruising
                      speed and though he was not foot perfect at the last flight he was well
                      in command at the finish as he beat the Irish raider Sempre Medici by
                      four and a half lengths.

We wanted to see improvement in Jollyallan's jumping and it was better
                      though AP McCoy felt he was still a bit clumsy at times.

He is such a big horse and the penny has not quite dropped yet. But he is
                      certainly going the right way and is now unbeaten in three runs over
                      hurdles.

It is all about giving Jollyallan experience at this stage, so I imagine
                      he'll be sticking to novice races for the time being.

Comment

Also reported

"We'll take it one step at a time. Obviously his game is going to be fences, but for now he'll stick to the two-mile trip over hurdles. He's going the right way, and I hope that will continue."

So Supreme or nothing I'd say

Comment

Windsor Park anyone ? this is his trip I think

After lepoardstown

Weld said: "He did what you would expect. He's won his last four now.

"I was concerned it was a little bit soon. He had a little hold-up as he didn't school as well as I'd like.

"He's never been to a schooling hurdle so I was a little concerned with his jumping and it will improve dramatically.

"My only concern was if he had enough experience jumping. IT maybe came two weeks sooner than I would have liked, but this is a lovely galloping track and the two and a half (miles) suited.

"He's very talented, so it's onwards and upwards. We'll find a nice winners' race at the end of January or start of February.

"Considering it was his first run and considering he didn't have as good a prep as mine normally do for their first time over jumps it was very encouraging.

"He'll stay at two and a half. He's a stayer with speed."

-----------------

Still not mad about Weld at Cheltnham

Comment

Thx

West Wizard and Gaitway still on my radar too although not sure why Given Hendo record in this race

Comment

Out Sam jocked up over 2m 6f at Ascot tomorrow.

Might keep him for the EBF race or going 3 mile route ?

Comment

Value at a risk out next week

A14-1 Abert Bartlett and 16-1 for the Neptune, will run at Cheltenham on Trials day with his performance over the shorter distance helping connections decide which race to target at the festival.

Skelton has planned to run the six-year-old in the Grade 2 2m4½f Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle on January 24 since he won by 22 lengths on his debut for the yard.

"Value At Risk's preparation has gone very smoothly and, since Newbury, it has always been the plan to take him to Cheltenham next Saturday," he said. "The weather is looking very wet but we are really looking forward to running him.

"I thought he would win at Newbury but I did not expect him to do it as impressively as he did. We had left a lot to work on because we have got next year in the back our minds. He will have an entry in both the Neptune and Albert Bartlett at the festival, but he is very much a horse for the future."

Comment

Working...
                                X