Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Djakadam is definitely the number one there. Have a few slips at 20s.

Comment

• AP to ride JPs
      As I said, Carlingford Lough will be my Gold Cup ride; he gave me a great feel winning the Irish Hennessy and I am very much looking forward to riding him in the Gold Cup, if he lines up. Gold Cup day is probably the most important day of the whole jumping year and I am hoping he has got a live chance.

People might look back to last year and point out he was only sixth in the RSA but he never really got into a rhythm and we saw more of what he was capable of when he won the Grade One at Punchestown. John Kiely has the horse in great shape and he is definitely going there with a chance.

My other possible ride was Holywell and he was right back to form at Kelso last Thursday. It wasn’t much of a race but he travelled well and jumped better as the race went on. The way the horse improves through this time of the year he is definitely a Gold Cup contender, that is for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        AP to ride JPs
        As I said, Carlingford Lough will be my Gold Cup ride; he gave me a great feel winning the Irish Hennessy and I am very much looking forward to riding him in the Gold Cup, if he lines up. Gold Cup day is probably the most important day of the whole jumping year and I am hoping he has got a live chance.

People might look back to last year and point out he was only sixth in the RSA but he never really got into a rhythm and we saw more of what he was capable of when he won the Grade One at Punchestown. John Kiely has the horse in great shape and he is definitely going there with a chance.

My other possible ride was Holywell and he was right back to form at Kelso last Thursday. It wasn’t much of a race but he travelled well and jumped better as the race went on. The way the horse improves through this time of the year he is definitely a Gold Cup contender, that is for sure.
        I only have 1 bet in the GC and might have a cover bet on CL now seeing that quote. Not that I think he will win, but would be nice to chear on AP in his last GC.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
          I only have 1 bet in the GC and might have a cover bet on CL now seeing that quote. Not that I think he will win, but would be nice to chear on AP in his last GC.

If you are going to back him I'd say the time is now. Look at the move on shut the front door.

Being hard nosed about it his horses are generally over bet at Cheltenham and it will be worse than usual until the farewell tour ends.

Sometimes it's not about the money though.

Comment

• Its all about the money MG, no sentiment in betting or its the poor house for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
              Its all about the money MG, no sentiment in betting or its the poor house for us.
              This is true but when you do back the ones you want to win it is so sweet.

Moscow Flyers 2nd Champion Chase was one that sticks in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                Its all about the money MG, no sentiment in betting or its the poor house for us.
                But isn't AP's last ride worth that little extra?

I can't see myself cheering him on up the hill if I don't have a dime on him.

Comment

• If AP is upside a horse I've got a good few quid riding on approaching the last I'll have my fingers crossed he gets unseated, last Gold cup or not.

Comment

• Paul isnt worried about the hill. Jim Cullotty is full of opinions but I'd rather listen to a man who does it week in week out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                      If AP is upside a horse I've got a good few quid riding on approaching the last I'll have my fingers crossed he gets unseated, last Gold cup or not.
                      You are too honest MMG. I admire his achievements but this roadshow is starting to grate already.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        You are too honest MMG. I admire his achievements but this roadshow is starting to grate already.
                        Exactly my thinking mayo, the hangers on are coming out of the woodwork to corner the market in being sycophantic and grovelling, all of them continually repeating the same thing struggling to find new adjectives for his magnificence. We all watch as much horse racing as they do, we don't need them to keep stuffing cameras in his face to remind us it's coming to the end of a legendary career, we all know that and they are spoiling it for everyone by their continual dredging.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          Exactly my thinking mayo, the hangers on are coming out of the woodwork to corner the market in being sycophantic and grovelling, all of them continually repeating the same thing struggling to find new adjectives for his magnificence. We all watch as much horse racing as they do, we don't need them to keep stuffing cameras in his face to remind us it's coming to the end of a legendary career, we all know that and they are spoiling it for everyone by their continual dredging.
                          Quality rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                            Quality rant.
                            lol, I tries me best

Comment

• Enjoyed that MG.

He was a legend at 3000, A bigger one at 4000. Dont need to do it all again at 4300ish. It is not his fault though.

Comment

• Poll added http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...enham-Gold-Cup

Comment

Working...
                                X