Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Take Buveur D'air out of the race then..... who would Supasundae fear?

Samcro?!
    Imo theyll see it on the track pre chelt and he'll end up in the stayers.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Supasundae hasn't got the speed for a Champ Hurdle. Has a better chance in the stayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
        Supasundae hasn't got the speed for a Champ Hurdle. Has a better chance in the stayers.
        If he can win an Irish Champion on soft then he has enough speed for 2 miles - Fact - (beating BD is another matter)

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          If he can win an Irish Champion on soft then he has enough speed for 2 miles - Fact - (beating BD is another matter)
          Yeah I agree...

but do think he'll be in the stayers as it'll be easier to win.

Comment

• Supasundae may not have the speed to win a Champion Hurdle round Cheltenham on good ground but he's got plenty of chance to win the 2 mile trials in Ireland this year, as he did last season even on soft ground. Samcro isn't a 2 mile hurdler, Melon is vulnerable outside of Cheltenham and a real strong pace and Laurina has to prove she can step it up.

To clarify as well, I wasn't so much putting Supasundae up as a fancy for this race or a likely winner. I just raised him several times as the horse I would back each way at 20/1 when looking through the field rather than chancing the likes of Summerville Boy/Laurina

I just don't see how today had any bearing on his chances.

Comment

Look at the opposition who finished the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Look at the opposition who finished the race.
                Irish champion - Melon, Faugheen, Mick Jazz etc.

Comment

Irish champion - Melon, Faugheen, Mick Jazz etc.
                  Look at the ground it wasn't a speed test.

If he makes it there at all. If the CH come up good to soft you genuinely think he wont be badly outpaced?

Samcro has alot more pace than him. Melon has alot more. Buveur dair in a whole different league. Laurina is meant to be the next superstar mare according to her backers.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 2 December 2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• He beat a shot Faugheen. Melon is in and out. Mick Jazz is Mick Jazz.

Comment

• It was soft - which is one rung away from goodtosoft on the going ladder, and it was a speed test as it was over 2 miles.

Plenty of horses have won the champion hurdle in the past that were not what you'd describe as speedy/turn of foot horses, but they could maintain a really strong gallop and/or keep going up the hill when the others were gassing. Just depends on the pace/ground/oppostion and shape of the race on the day. Jezki, Faugheen, Brave Inca, Rock on Ruby, Hardy Eustace etc.

I don;t think he'll run on the champion, I haven't backed him either, but given certain conditions he may/would interest me nearer the time

Comment

It was soft - which is one rung away from goodtosoft on the going ladder, and it was a speed test as it was over 2 miles.

Plenty of horses have won the champion hurdle in the past that were not what you'd describe as speedy/turn of foot horses, but they could maintain a really strong gallop and/or keep going up the hill when the others were gassing. Just depends on the pace/ground/oppostion and shape of the race on the day. Jezki, Faugheen, Brave Inca, Rock on Ruby, Hardy Eustace etc.

I don;t think he'll run on the champion, I haven't backed him either, but given certain conditions he may/would interest me nearer the time
                        I'll agree to disagree. He'd be badly outpaced for me. Hoping they realise that pre chelt. As he's a live chance in a stayers. And imo none in the CH.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                          He beat a shot Faugheen. Melon is in and out. Mick Jazz is Mick Jazz.
                          You can't pick and choose when a horse is shot or not shot, or in or out, or average or 3 lengths off winning a champion hurdle - to suit your opinion after the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            I'll agree to disagree. He'd be badly outpaced for me. Hoping they realise that pre chelt. As he's a live chance in a stayers. And imo none in the CH.
                            which part are you disagreeing on

Comment

You can't pick and choose when a horse is shot or not shot, or in or out, or average or 3 lengths off winning a champion hurdle - to suit your opinion after the event.
                              Fair point
                              Last edited by Innoko; 2 December 2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Just watch Supasundae it's not a fast horse. Big horse that takes an age to get going.

read Harrington's comments I think it's very unlikely it runs here anyway. Good to soft stayers will give it a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X