• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Tuesday FJ yankee - owner robith

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
What date are weights out? Entries this week isn't it for handicaps? There was a good festival media pack floating around last year which was useful but don't seem to be able to locate it for this year as of yet. Good if you looking for one for the Yankee

@racesnewsservice on Twitter will have links to the packs
 
Last year the media pack was issued 1 March, it's posted on the Cheltenham website.
I could be wrong but I think it will be 28th Feb this year
Thanks Ista. After a quick scan there I see pack 8 is out now with the entries for the championship races.
 
Tough day, as there are a few shorties running on the Tuesday.

Do think, from a e/way perspective you would need to be looking at the Ultima, NH Chase & Close Brothers Handicap, so I'll chuck some into the middle for these races:

Ultima - Gold Present, Singlefarmpayment or Beware The Bear.

NH Chase - Jury Duty, Fagan or Elegant Escape.

Close Brothers - Rather Be & Barney Dwan (but both unlikely to get in now), Drumcliff or Divine Spear.
 
Tough day, as there are a few shorties running on the Tuesday.

Do think, from a e/way perspective you would need to be looking at the Ultima, NH Chase & Close Brothers Handicap, so I'll chuck some into the middle for these races:

Ultima - Gold Present, Singlefarmpayment or Beware The Bear.

NH Chase - Jury Duty, Fagan or Elegant Escape.

Close Brothers - Rather Be & Barney Dwan (but both unlikely to get in now), Drumcliff or Divine Spear.

Both off 143 so are almost certain to get in. Fergal O'Brien singing Barney Dwan's praises today and says this is the target.
 
Both off 143 so are almost certain to get in. Fergal O'Brien singing Barney Dwan's praises today and says this is the target.

I think they'll get revised marks. Rather Be only won last Friday so think he'll be higher than his current rating of 143.

Barney Dwan won off 145 LTO, but on BHA website says he is 143, surely wasn't dropped for winning?
 
I think they'll get revised marks. Rather Be only won last Friday so think he'll be higher than his current rating of 143.

Barney Dwan won off 145 LTO, but on BHA website says he is 143, surely wasn't dropped for winning?

Yes sorry had missed that Rather Be ran on Friday. Barney Dwan is definitely on 143 though - very lenient of the handicapper to drop him but the race fell apart and in the end all he achieved was beating 132 and 110 rated rivals by a few lengths.
 
I think they'll get revised marks. Rather Be only won last Friday so think he'll be higher than his current rating of 143.

Barney Dwan won off 145 LTO, but on BHA website says he is 143, surely wasn't dropped for winning?

Barney Dwan did get dropped 2lb after winning lto.
 
Jers girl
10/1 nrnb bog in the Without Apple's jade market
Mares hurdle.


Excellent value imo. Effectively 4 places for ew.
 
E/W Yankee

Summerville Boy 16/1 (Supreme)
Brain Power 16/1 (Arkle)
Verdana Blue 33/1 (w/o Buveur Dair - Champion)
Mister Whittaker 20/1 (Close Brothers)
 
Jers girl
10/1 nrnb bog in the Without Apple's jade market
Mares hurdle.


Excellent value imo. Effectively 4 places for ew.

And a horse I've followed with great interest ever since a Dublin taxi driver tipped her up to me 2 years ago
 
Can't see it on other threads, and I know Tuesday is a tough one, but I thought the idea was for it to be a win yankee rather than e/w? I don't mind putting up things at bigger prices we fancy to win, but I'm unsure about doing a purely e/w approach (i.e looking more for the places).

What are people's thoughts?
 
Can't see it on other threads, and I know Tuesday is a tough one, but I thought the idea was for it to be a win yankee rather than e/w? I don't mind putting up things at bigger prices we fancy to win, but I'm unsure about doing a purely e/w approach (i.e looking more for the places).

What are people's thoughts?

I can see how it will affect your decision regarding what to choose but like last year, for myself, I'll back them all e/way regardless of what is selected :)
 
Can't see it on other threads, and I know Tuesday is a tough one, but I thought the idea was for it to be a win yankee rather than e/w? I don't mind putting up things at bigger prices we fancy to win, but I'm unsure about doing a purely e/w approach (i.e looking more for the places).

What are people's thoughts?

Do what ever you decide I assume. :)
 
Just trying to maintain the facade of democracy Scooby!

:highly_amused:

Price doesn't determine whether a bet should be each way or not... hard to stick my that a lot of the time...but we really should be picking horses at the highest price we can with the best chance of winning... not the best chance of coming 2nd

In my ever so humble opinion :)
 
I would like to add Monbeg Notorious for the 4 miler
 
:highly_amused:

Price doesn't determine whether a bet should be each way or not... hard to stick my that a lot of the time...but we really should be picking horses at the highest price we can with the best chance of winning... not the best chance of coming 2nd

In my ever so humble opinion :)

I concur. I don't mind a 20/1 shot we think is overpriced, but I'm loathe to include "without" markets because we're essentially saying we don't think it will win
 
I concur. I don't mind a 20/1 shot we think is overpriced, but I'm loathe to include "without" markets because we're essentially saying we don't think it will win

But at 10/1 she will win.
Just without Apple's jade. :)
 
Can't see it on other threads, and I know Tuesday is a tough one, but I thought the idea was for it to be a win yankee rather than e/w? I don't mind putting up things at bigger prices we fancy to win, but I'm unsure about doing a purely e/w approach (i.e looking more for the places).

What are people's thoughts?

If it were me I’d just pick based on the horses chances regardless of price. I’d also be putting in on each way. A nice mix would be good. A banker, a live chance 2nd favourite and 2 juicy priced ones is the route I’d take. Your choice tho fella.