• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2022 Triumph Hurdle

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
If horses like this fella go to the boodles then the race has to go. Am I the only one that wants the triumph hurdle back.

He's got pretty much no chance of going to the Boodles, but if he fails next time out, his handicap mark isn't too high and you can tell they think he's better than a 134 horse.
 
He's got pretty much no chance of going to the Boodles, but if he fails next time out, his handicap mark isn't too high and you can tell they think he's better than a 134 horse.

Absolutely.I wasn’t thinking you put it up as a serious possibility...more I guess that I miss the old triumph and the boodles is probably my least favourite race at the festival ...mind you if I had found Jeff kidder I’d be it’s number one fan :joyous:.
 
….Iceo now near the head of this market for Nicholls but still no sign of Matterhorn. There were reports that this was a very good one that might be aimed at Aintree but I’ve not heard anything for a while.
 
….Iceo now near the head of this market for Nicholls but still no sign of Matterhorn. There were reports that this was a very good one that might be aimed at Aintree but I’ve not heard anything for a while.

Didn’t Milton Harris repeat that PN had informed him that Porticello was the best of his Juveniles? I can’t find the article now but am fairly sure that’s what I read.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
May come as a shock to Gary Moore?
 
Magistrato maybe the Nicholls horse? But he's been disappointing twice now.

Knight Salute my biggest winner in this. But think a lot of us are hoping to see a good performance today from Vauban
 
Has anyone considered that there's a chance that Nicholls is handicapping Magistrato for The Boodles if he is expecting to send one of his others to the Triumph?

All this talk of Aintree can often send his handicappers under the radar.
 
Has anyone considered that there's a chance that Nicholls is handicapping Magistrato for The Boodles if he is expecting to send one of his others to the Triumph?

All this talk of Aintree can often send his handicappers under the radar.

I fancy him to send Iceo to the triumph, think the race would suit him well. Nicholls probably looking down the list thinking we just have to beat fil dor. So yeah theres a good chance magistrato goes for the boodles
 
Has anyone considered that there's a chance that Nicholls is handicapping Magistrato for The Boodles if he is expecting to send one of his others to the Triumph?

All this talk of Aintree can often send his handicappers under the radar.

Yeah I think so too. He loves a Boodles horse.

Being in the same ownership as Matterhorn he will most likely split them up and him either go to the Triumph or Aintree depending on how he performs in the Adonis
 
Has anyone considered that there's a chance that Nicholls is handicapping Magistrato for The Boodles if he is expecting to send one of his others to the Triumph?

All this talk of Aintree can often send his handicappers under the radar.

Nicholls is always one to note for the Boodles but it’s usually something a little more under the radar without a big reputation. The ‘one’ usually suddenly appears in the betting and then within days is smashed to bits.
 
Some price collapse on vauban prior to today’s run, hope we see something impressive
 
Some price collapse on vauban prior to today’s run, hope we see something impressive

To be fair it's a desperate looking race today.
 
Poor jump at the last there by Vauban, would have won otherwise
 
Wasn't his first poor jump though was it. Need a lot of work in that department!
 
Two smart ones, Caldwell construction to be taken very seriously.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
Didn’t look to have the gears of Icare Allen, and I doubt even if he improved his jumping, he’d be troubling Fil Dor and some of the others
 
….mixed reaction to Vauban, out to 20-1 with PP whilst it looks like 14s best elsewhere.

​​​​​
 
Last edited:
Not the best in the jumping department but seems to have an engine so I’m sure he’ll come on from that.