• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Right just got back from Ditcheat, managed to grab a few words with Paul in the pub on Saturday night. No matter how much i tried I couldnt get him to run Topofthegame in the JLT, he did say if it was really soft he might, but he wasnt budging!!!!!!
He wants to run Ask For Glory but needs to persuade Mr Barber, who isnt keen on running in flat races!!!!!!!!
He had the Diego Du Charmil look in his eye when he was talking about Friend or Foe, but he must be struggling to get into this off 128?
Pic D'orhy will run but only if its soft, so start doing a rain dance!!! He said he did a serious bit of work at Wincanton and if he runs he will go close to winning, but he stated a number of times that he only runs if its soft.

Thanks Billy, the Champion Bumper is a 50-grand to the winner flat race isn’t it? I think as the ground turns softer the chance of Mr Barber allowing Ask For Glory to run increases - hopefully!
 
I think it means there's been a snow blizzard this afternoon in Leopardstown,. Only guessing though:confused:

good guess.
Does nobody watch the racing on here.?
 
I got the impression Ask for glory is 50/50 to run.
 
Sorry I have not got a subscription with the RP, but if anyone has would you be able to give us snippets of Ask Gordon, bankers, dark horses and festival hopes... Thanks in advance

Best chance of a winner:- Tiger Roll
Cracking smart runs in the stayers.
Dark horse:- A toi Phil in the Pertemps.
The storyteller goes for the Ryanair.
Thinks Lethal Steps has a better chance the Surin in the Fred Winter but wouldn’t put anyone off having a few quid e/w on Surin.
Best chance of a winner in a handicap:- Dallas des Pictons.
 
Right just got back from Ditcheat, managed to grab a few words with Paul in the pub on Saturday night. No matter how much i tried I couldnt get him to run Topofthegame in the JLT, he did say if it was really soft he might, but he wasnt budging!!!!!!
He wants to run Ask For Glory but needs to persuade Mr Barber, who isnt keen on running in flat races!!!!!!!!
He had the Diego Du Charmil look in his eye when he was talking about Friend or Foe, but he must be struggling to get into this off 128?
Pic D'orhy will run but only if its soft, so start doing a rain dance!!! He said he did a serious bit of work at Wincanton and if he runs he will go close to winning, but he stated a number of times that he only runs if its soft.

Great insight
Thank you
 
I got the impression Ask for glory is 50/50 to run.

I am happy to take that for now. Bumper only has 28 decs, the 5-day stage should be Thursday this week, I am hoping if the 5-day decs drop to 20 or lower, and it rains a lot this Wednesday, that will give the Nicholls-Barber discussions a nudge and let the trainer do his job and run the horse.
 
Best chance of a winner:- Tiger Roll
Cracking smart runs in the stayers.
Dark horse:- A toi Phil in the Pertemps.
The storyteller goes for the Ryanair.
Thinks Lethal Steps has a better chance the Surin in the Fred Winter but wouldn’t put anyone off having a few quid e/w on Surin.
Best chance of a winner in a handicap:- Dallas des Pictons.

Thank you, I only bet the 4 days at cheltenham, so paying £14.99 per month for the RP would not do me any good...
 
I got the impression Ask for glory is 50/50 to run.

For balance, despite winning easily.... the form is working out absolutely pants?
 
Right just got back from Ditcheat, managed to grab a few words with Paul in the pub on Saturday night. No matter how much i tried I couldnt get him to run Topofthegame in the JLT, he did say if it was really soft he might, but he wasnt budging!!!!!!
He wants to run Ask For Glory but needs to persuade Mr Barber, who isnt keen on running in flat races!!!!!!!!
He had the Diego Du Charmil look in his eye when he was talking about Friend or Foe, but he must be struggling to get into this off 128?
Pic D'orhy will run but only if its soft, so start doing a rain dance!!! He said he did a serious bit of work at Wincanton and if he runs he will go close to winning, but he stated a number of times that he only runs if its soft.

Hi Billy, did he say much about top of the games chances in rsa
 
I was going to post some of Tom Segal's comments from today's RP Q&A but the main is a complete idiot. I will give you two" "too busy to go to Cheltenham" and , in terms of the likely going, "who knows what the ground will be - no point worrying about it!" (that after being definitive on the chances of load of horses)
 
Yeah he loves him and thinks he should be fav, hes very surprised hes not shorter than Santini. I really tried to get him to run him in the JLT and he was kind of agreeing with me about the pace of the horse but wouldnt budge. I wonder reading between the lines if he's got one eye on the Trainers title and thinks the horse will win either race so if he can stop Santini winning then more chance of him winning the title. He absolutely loves the horse and Im tempted to back him for next years GC before he runs in the RSA.
 
He is a freak anytime I see him it’s just what the :highly_amused:
 
Cheers Billy. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm not a big gambler by any means, but think I'll be getting stuck into top of the game. Think he's a bit special
 
Yeah he loves him and thinks he should be fav, hes very surprised hes not shorter than Santini. I really tried to get him to run him in the JLT and he was kind of agreeing with me about the pace of the horse but wouldnt budge. I wonder reading between the lines if he's got one eye on the Trainers title and thinks the horse will win either race so if he can stop Santini winning then more chance of him winning the title. He absolutely loves the horse and Im tempted to back him for next years GC before he runs in the RSA.

Thanks Billy, though glad your efforts were in vain as TOTG is one of my biggest potential winners of the week..haha
 
Top man, thanks Billy.

Any word on Magic Saint at all? Seems to be getting tipped up a lot in the previews
 
Yeah he loves him and thinks he should be fav, hes very surprised hes not shorter than Santini. I really tried to get him to run him in the JLT and he was kind of agreeing with me about the pace of the horse but wouldnt budge. I wonder reading between the lines if he's got one eye on the Trainers title and thinks the horse will win either race so if he can stop Santini winning then more chance of him winning the title. He absolutely loves the horse and Im tempted to back him for next years GC before he runs in the RSA.

If you can find 50/1+ I'd probably dabble with that for next years Gold Cup