Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

My tent or yours : Horse trained by Nicky Henderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any news on MTOY ? Staying hurdling or going chasing ?

Comment

NJH

"My Tent is going to stay over hurdles. He had a pop over hurdles. Barry (Geraghty, retained jockey for owner JP McManus) was down last week. He schooled Hargam and My Tent."

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
        NJH

"My Tent is going to stay over hurdles. He had a pop over hurdles. Barry (Geraghty, retained jockey for owner JP McManus) was down last week. He schooled Hargam and My Tent."
        I wonder whether they think they can get the horse to stay 3m, if they can he'd be a pretty warm order for the World hurdle....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I wonder whether they think they can get the horse to stay 3m, if they can he'd be a pretty warm order for the World hurdle....
          Might depend on what progress Hargam makes. Was wondering about Minella Rocco for longer trips now MOT going Chasing.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Might depend on what progress Hargam makes. Was wondering about Minella Rocco for longer trips now MOT going Chasing.
            Good shout, I forgot about Minella Rocco, certainly one of the leading staying novices last year and will be interesting to see how he comes back this....

Comment

The master of Seven Barrows also provided an upbeat bulletin on the long-absent My Tent Or Yours, with the 2014 2014 Champion Hurdle runner-up on course to make his return in the Fighting Fifth Hurdle at Newcastle on Saturday week.

"I didn't want to bring him here because of the soft ground. We worked him at home this morning and he seemed in good form," said Henderson.

"If he is ready for that (Fighting Fifth) that would be his first race but his main target will be the Christmas Hurdle. However, I would like to get a run before that.

"He has been off for a year though and he just takes a bit longer to get ready."

Comment

Working...
              X