Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Denamescapesme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mayo
    replied
    Noel in the Post

De Name Escapes Me
    I was absolutely convinced he'd run a massive race in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury and I even rang JP [McManus] to advise he back him! Something happened on the way over, though, and he ran a lifeless race. He wasn't right after it either. He'll be aimed at all the top handicap hurdles this season and I think he can win one.

Leave a comment:

• Kevloaf
    replied
    Originally posted by mayo View Post
    Maybe this time
    FFP gave this away didn't they?!

Leave a comment:

• mayo
    replied
    Maybe this time

Leave a comment:

• Old Vic
    replied
    one of nine mcmanus runners in a 25 runner race

http://www.hri-ras.ie/race-meetings/...=095&YEAR=2016

Leave a comment:

• MrMcGoldrick
    replied
    Entered at Punchy on Tuesday, been kept fresh for this

Leave a comment:

• MrMcGoldrick
    replied
    Entered at Punchy, Sunday 31st, 2.0pm

Leave a comment:

• MrMcGoldrick
    replied
    Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Better performance for me too, always comfortable and jumped well....
    Yes, plus giving weight all round

Leave a comment:

• Istabraq
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Another win, this time over further, quite a profitable horse to follow now, interesting to see how high up the rankings he can go, still expecting more on good ground
    Better performance for me too, always comfortable and jumped well....

Leave a comment:

• MrMcGoldrick
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
    runs at Fairyhouse over 2m4f tomorrow.
    Another win, this time over further, quite a profitable horse to follow now, interesting to see how high up the rankings he can go, still expecting more on good ground

Leave a comment:

• Old Vic
    replied
    runs at Fairyhouse over 2m4f tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• MrMcGoldrick
    replied
    He now has an entry at Navan this Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Istabraq
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    The first two pulled well clear didn't they?
    They did Mr M, but the race was always a 3 horse affair (14s bar the three) and when the 5/2 shot fell early the reverse forecast was a certainty, what you'd like to see is one of those furtehr down the field come out and run creditably somewhere and give the form a boost.
    I agree about the ground, he didn't look like he massively enjoyed it to me and having watched the race it looked softer than the official 'yielding' that was described, he could easily improve for a quicker surface...

Leave a comment:

• MrMcGoldrick
    replied
    The first two pulled well clear didn't they? I hope some of you made a few quid, his price was bigger than I expected and I certainly think there are some decent races to be won with him this season, his hurdling showed huge improvement from his last run, and he looked like he would come on for the race, personally I think his action suggests he will improve again on better ground. He could well get further as the season progresses because he certainly travelled well, the only concern would be that Mark Walsh's race riding was superb so I'm not sure how close the runner up would have been without getting boxed in at a crucial point.

Leave a comment:

• Istabraq
    replied
    Yep, workmanlike but will definitely get further

Leave a comment:

• Faugheen_Machine
    replied

Looks a nice prospect

Leave a comment:

Working...
X