Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Denamescapesme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denamescapesme

Denamescapesme won the Clonmel bumper this afternoon, trained and ridden by Miss E Lalor, at 20/1, I'll bet you won't see that price again. Travelled alongside the Gigginstown 2nd fav, then, with everything else being pushed along, the jockey shook the reigns at her horse and it just careered away. I can't remember seeing a horse with so little experience [one previous run last season] pick up like this one did, in soft ground too.

Denamescapes me is entered in a juvenile hurdle at Kilbeggan on Friday, and, as I suspected, is under new ownership, J P McManus no less, now trained by Noel Meade, could be worthy of a good bet this one, will keep my powder dry till then. Wouldn't mind betting it will be aimed at one of the good festival races next season if it takes to hurdles, one good run then away for the summer is my guess, looking forward to see if it's come on from Clonmel.

Comment

...and will he be off

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
        ...and will he be off
        If he is he'll have my dosh riding on him, also entered at Punchy on Saturday so will have to keep an eye on where he runs

Comment

Latest entry is Sligo, Wednesday I think, maybe they'll get him to the track eventually

Comment

Made hurdle debut today at Puncestown, not a bad introduction but didn't seem to find anything when asked from Carberry, something to work on for Mr Meade and no doubt will be seen in a better light in its next race

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
              Made hurdle debut today at Puncestown, not a bad introduction but didn't seem to find anything when asked from Carberry, something to work on for Mr Meade and no doubt will be seen in a better light in its next race
              Agreed paz, the winner was experienced and was well backed, I did back Denamescapesme but was worried by the drift in the betting from 9/4 out to 7/2, but some money came near the off suggesting connections weren't overly confident but thought he had a shout. I'd like to see him drop back to 2 miles really, but I think I'll get my money back at some point, looks like he needs a bit more schooling bacause he was slow at several hurdles and I think that takes it's toll over the course of a race.

Comment

Declared to run at Punchy tomorrow in the 1.15, Geraghty on board and JP has two others entered, hope it's a decent price will have a good bet if he is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  Declared to run at Punchy tomorrow in the 1.15, Geraghty on board and JP has two others entered, hope it's a decent price will have a good bet if he is.
                  Gordon Elliott appears to have something of a hotpot in the race...

Comment

Pulled out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again!!!!!!!! Now entered for a race on Saturday at Down Royal.

Comment

Pulled out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again!!!!!!!! Now entered for a race on Saturday at Down Royal.
                      and wins

Comment

Looks a nice prospect

Comment

Yep, workmanlike but will definitely get further

Comment

The first two pulled well clear didn't they? I hope some of you made a few quid, his price was bigger than I expected and I certainly think there are some decent races to be won with him this season, his hurdling showed huge improvement from his last run, and he looked like he would come on for the race, personally I think his action suggests he will improve again on better ground. He could well get further as the season progresses because he certainly travelled well, the only concern would be that Mark Walsh's race riding was superb so I'm not sure how close the runner up would have been without getting boxed in at a crucial point.

Comment

The first two pulled well clear didn't they?
                              They did Mr M, but the race was always a 3 horse affair (14s bar the three) and when the 5/2 shot fell early the reverse forecast was a certainty, what you'd like to see is one of those furtehr down the field come out and run creditably somewhere and give the form a boost.
                              I agree about the ground, he didn't look like he massively enjoyed it to me and having watched the race it looked softer than the official 'yielding' that was described, he could easily improve for a quicker surface...

Comment

Working...
                              X