Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Aintree Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Think Jason The Millitant is the best bet on the 1st Day. Kept fresh specifically for this race , Will love the tight flat course and the 2 1/2 miles, has really solid form and the hottest combination of trainer/Jockey.
    Prominent in my thoughts too Lobos. Historically a big Abracadabras fan, but nothing on any of his runs says to me he wants an extra 4f.

Song for Someone looks like he'll love this too

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

in 2019 is ran off 136 when the ground came up soft and the race wasn't too deep. 2 years on and he carries more weight even with the claim, has poor form on anything with good in the going description, and is racing in a better race. 14/1 might be a little big, but its by no means a gift.
      I don't particularly fancy him off the weight, but he will go off shorter than 14s and he could be a trading opportunity.

Haven't lost faith in Sully D'oc from Cheltenham, or Zanza. This race usually goes to a horse racing prominently however, which those two are likely not to do. I like Dostal Phil but he will also be racing off the pace and I marginally prefer the other two so I'll likely leave him unless he goes above 12/1 with extra places.

The pace likely to come from Editeur Du Gite, On the Slopes, Grey Diamond and Billingsley. Sitting just behind should be Joke Dancer who is coming off a long break. He can jump right at times, but his last race has worked out well. Record over 2 miles over fences reads F11FP1 so may be one to bet with Coral if they are doing the free bet if not finishing.

I'll wait until the day and see how the chase course is riding before deciding whether it's a bet or not.

Comment

lots of folk liking Jason The Militant on day one , but a note of caution the horse needs plenty cut , now whether the horse will perform to his best on faster ground is one thing , the main consideration is HDB, he won't run unless he's happy with the ground , if it was genuine soft ground i would be really keen on him , but i don't think it is , need to wait to see what its really like on the day maybe

Comment

Foxhunters Chase

I remember reading the interview with the trainer of Some Man during Cheltenham.

Here's a quote from Irish racing.com

After race at Down Royal Wed, 17th Mar, 2021 (1st) All the time we have had him we have never got him running on the ground he loves. He's a very good horse but at anything from two miles to two-miles-six he is just different gravy to everything else. I'll chat it over with Ray (Nicholas) - I'd nearly love to have a go at Aintree this year with him. We have to consider it. It warrants him getting an entry. Barry got off him and said 'I really enjoyed that, that has given me some buzz!'. He ran in Thurles there and ran a helluva race over just far enough for him, but the ground was desperate for him as he is just such a sweet mover. He hates going through glue. We were just waiting and hoping he would get a chance to run on the ground he loves. He has such a cruising speed and takes quite a hold. I think if you let him roll on nice ground, he shows what he is. I always felt the championship races over three mile one are just too far for him. He has too much class and speed for that. Two and a half miles is his ideal trip. D M Christie
          Barry O Neill is booked to ride again. He is an outstanding champiin jockey in the p2p circuit for those who aren't familiar with the name.
          I've had a few points win at 7-1

I'm also in the Moon Over Germany camp too.
          He's only 2 lb higher in what I think is a weaker renewal and has an excellent claimer onboard.
          Backed ew at 14-1

I've also had a few points ew on Not So Sleepy. I think the flatter track will suit and if he takes off out in front the flat track could play to his cause and he may be difficult to reel in. While he may not win I believe he has a strong ew chance.
          Backed ew at 33-1
          Last edited by Zipiter; 7 April 2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post

Prominent in my thoughts too Lobos. Historically a big Abracadabras fan, but nothing on any of his runs says to me he wants an extra 4f.

Song for Someone looks like he'll love this too
            I like Jason The Militant, but the Aintree hurdle course can be tough to win from the front, especially when there are a few in the race who like to be handy.

Song For Someone looks perfect for this to me.

Comment

In the Foxhunters I have chanced a small bet EW on Greensalt with extra places available at 100/1.

Is 13 years old and doesn't have the strongest back form but has run creditably in the 2018 & 2019 running of the race so clearly enjoys the fences. Better runs seem to have come with 'Good' in the ground description which will be the case this week. Run at Wetherby in Feb was ok over 3 miles but should have put him on track for tomorrow over the shorter distance.

Comment

Personally I cant have Abacadabras or Jason the militant at all

That form line between those two and Saint Roi has been shown to be naff

Maybe Jason the militant will improve for the step up in trip but Abacadabras has shown nothing to suggest he wants further

Iv backed mcfabulous and am tempted to go in again maybe with brewinupastorm too who looks revitalised back over hurdles

With all the pace in the race I just think it'll set up nicely for mcfabulous to pick them all off if he jumps well

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                  Personally I cant have Abacadabras or Jason the militant at all

That form line between those two and Saint Roi has been shown to be naff
                  Hasn't looked great, but he has a good form line with Beacon Edge and Petit Mouchoir. For all PM, doesn't win often, you can't argue with his placed form efforts.

I'd be pushed to argue McFabulous has any standout pieces of form, wouldn't you?
                  Last edited by jack1092; 7 April 2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Finally had a look I think tomorrow I'll be siding with the following:

Eldorado Allen
                    Adagio
                    Mister Fisher e/w & more than likely Native River e/w seeing as 4 places are about on Sky
                    Song For Someone e/w
                    Federici & Greensalt e/w, tempted by Latenightpass too think the drop back in trip may suit especially out from the front
                    On The Slopes & Sully D'oc e/w
                    Wheres Maud Gone e/w

Greensalt certainly seems one of the better 125/1 shots I've ever thought of backing with his course form!

Comment

I have backed Sully D'oc AA in the Red Rum tomorrow - still 16s about on 365 (4 places) - been a bit of a sea of blue for this one as was 25s so may continue to shorten.

I did actually back this in the Plate at the Festival where I thought he ran pretty creditably, just didn't see the 2m 4 trip out, and didn't help that got a bit squeezed coming round bend but wouldn't have won anyway.

The step back to 2m tomorrow will suit on this basis, and further, Honeyball came out and said does not want soft conditions, and so the drying conditions will aid his cause too.

Honeyball stats very favourable at Aintree too, he is 4 / 5 / 19 (21% win rate - 47% win&place rate) across all time periods. This current season he is 1 - 1 - 2 across all jumps, but specifically looking at chases, he is 1 from 1 this season which bodes well.

Only negative is McLernon's strike rate - he is 0 from 65 rides at Aintree...but as the old adage goes...got to start somewhere right?

Best of luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        Hasn't looked great, but he has a good form line with Beacon Edge and Petit Mouchoir. For all PM, doesn't win often, you can't argue with his placed form efforts.

I'd be pushed to argue McFabulous has any standout pieces of form, wouldn't you?
                        Third to thyme hill and paisley park when travelling very strongly but not staying the trip reads very well in the context of this race?

Hes almost 6/1 now on betfair exchange which is very tempting

Comment

Who'd have thought Mcfab would of been as big as 11/2 a couple of months ago, he was circa 13/8 antepost for a long time before his substandard 2nd lto. He was well below par lto for me and looked to hate the tight nature and didn't hurdle with any fluency from the onset. There is a few in the race that are prob going to be ridden with a view to seeing out the 20f so could do with Not so sleepy going off hard with JTM not far behind ideally as a speed test late won't suit Mcfab. 11/2 really does look a very fair price on him at what should be his optimum trip and just hope he turns up in a better mood than lto.

Comment

No great confidence in these but for an interest

Mister Fisher
                            Song for Someone
                            Some Man
                            Grey Diamond
                            Where Maud Gone

Comment

Jason The Millitant and Eileendover

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                                Who'd have thought Mcfab would of been as big as 11/2 a couple of months ago, he was circa 13/8 antepost for a long time before his substandard 2nd lto. He was well below par lto for me and looked to hate the tight nature and didn't hurdle with any fluency from the onset. There is a few in the race that are prob going to be ridden with a view to seeing out the 20f so could do with Not so sleepy going off hard with JTM not far behind ideally as a speed test late won't suit Mcfab. 11/2 really does look a very fair price on him at what should be his optimum trip and just hope he turns up in a better mood than lto.
                                Just had a bit more on at 8.60 on betfair and on brewinupastorm at 8.20

if he won and I let that go unbacked I'd feel silly

almost as silly as taking 7/2 antepost and taking on the Irish lol
                                Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 7 April 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X