Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Forum Horse Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    A clear round would be a start, as would an extra few furlongs. Encouraging that Willie is happy to keep putting him in these big handicaps.
    Agree he'd want an extra 1/2 mile at least. Surely the Irish National beckons

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Agree he'd want an extra 1/2 mile at least. Surely the Irish National beckons
      It's counter intuitive but we wouldn't mind a higher rating to be sure of getting in the big races. My personal preference would be the Midlands National at Uttoxeter.

As for today, it's Australia Day so surely an omen.

Comment

• What a difference a year makes: this time last year I was so excited and looking forward to making my Podcast debut. This year I have to make do with watching some of the best racing we have seen for a long time and seeing if our bluff of running over fences has fooled anyone. http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...top-of-quality

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
          What a difference a year makes: this time last year I was so excited and looking forward to making my Podcast debut. This year I have to make do with watching some of the best racing we have seen for a long time and seeing if our bluff of running over fences has fooled anyone. http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...top-of-quality
          I hope I haven't given him the kiss of death Paul but I had already backed Freedom to Dream before I saw your post!

Running off a mark of 126 after taking into account of Michael's claim means he has got a great chance imo. I don't think the trip will be a problem and I just hope he is fully fit and that this has been the plan rather than a prep for a future race. Good luck!!

Comment

What a difference a year makes: this time last year I was so excited and looking forward to making my Podcast debut. This year I have to make do with watching some of the best racing we have seen for a long time and seeing if our bluff of running over fences has fooled anyone. http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...top-of-quality
            Fabulous read as always BOF and the very best of luck. Have a great few days.

Comment

Enjoyed reading this, good luck for the weekend

Comment

• Nice post that, good luck.

Comment

Always a pleasure to read your blog, good luck.

Comment

• Thanks for the messages guys. He is obviously not himself and we will be giving him a full MOT. No point in planning anything until we have him right. He looked very lethargic (even in the parade ring) and it seems there's something paining him which in his head before he races. He wasn't blowing afterwards so he's clearly feeling (or expecting to feel) discomfort. We'll figure it out. I was actually more disappointed for Peter; The Big Dog was running a massive race until he fell and it was just one of those days.

Comment

• What are the expectations for Kemboy this weekend archie

Comment

• Best of luck with him! Good to see Townend has stuck by him. Although I'm surprise Carefully Selected is running, thought they'd save him for the Irish National, even off that mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                          What are the expectations for Kemboy this weekend archie
                          Apologies. I have a self-imposed PC curfew at 19.00 and yesterday was quite busy.

It was hope rather than expectation before the race but, in the end, he probably had a bit in hand and wasn't going to be caught. The horse of a lifetime.

Comment

Apologies. I have a self-imposed PC curfew at 19.00 and yesterday was quite busy.

It was hope rather than expectation before the race but, in the end, he probably had a bit in hand and wasn't going to be caught. The horse of a lifetime.
                            Unreal stuff Archie, loved to see him bowling along out infront again like that, Paul got him into some rhythm down the back. Top class!

Comment

Heard Willie say he'd been purchased and expected to just be alright over hurdles ....

Crazy what he's done!

Congrats!

Comment

• Thanks guys. Paul said that they were never getting to him and it was great to give him another day in the sun.

It's not about the money but, according to Irish Racing, he's won 800k euro plus ?157k so, depending on what sterling/euro rate you use, he's won between 975k and 985k euro prize-money. I'm not sure what Willie paid for him but I think that Supreme syndicated him at about 70k. I bought in after his novice hurdle season when he was potentially being trained for the stayers hurdle. A couple of months later he was set on a chasing career.

Comment

Working...
                                X