Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Antepost National Hunt Season 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antepost National Hunt Season 2020/21

Wednesday 4.30pm at Listowel is the 3M Kerry National Handicap Chase.

The Storyteller heads the weights at OR 158 by 1lb from Peregrine Run.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

....I notice a few have highlighted Paul Nicholls comments re Saint Sonnet being targeted at the BV Gold Cup. Sky have two prices 20-1 and 25-1 in different sections of their NH RaB section.

Mark Howard mentioned Saint Sonnet as a likely type for the BV GC in his Sporting Life column some months ago.
    Last edited by Eggs; 9 October 2020, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      ....I notice a few have highlighted Paul Nicholls comments re Saint Sonnet being targeted at the BV Gold Cup. Sky have (mistakingly I imagine) two prices 20-1 and 25-1 in their NH RaB section.
      Spin over hurdles This saturday,will prove popular upon entries no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        Wednesday 4.30pm at Listowel is the 3M Kerry National Handicap Chase.

The Storyteller heads the weights at OR 158 by 1lb from Peregrine Run.
        RooooAarrinnnggg buulllll?!

Comment

Anyone any thoughts on the Hennessy other than the obvious TopOfTheGame?

Comment

I havent got a great imagination so im sweet on topofthegame..i did read they will be trying slate house at this race though and 25/1 seems quite big

Comment

....a few have mentioned Discorama being a Grand National type, and I note Scooby highlighting similar in his Review of this years Festival.

40-1 currently available.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                ....a few have mentioned Discorama being a Grand National type, and I note Scooby highlighting similar in his Review of this years Festival.

40-1 currently available.
                It's only 33s with Skybet(if you can get on)but they are doing what they did last year and have left the market NRNB on it,even this early out.

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  Anyone any thoughts on the Hennessy other than the obvious TopOfTheGame?
                  I mentioned him a while ago in the specific Hennessy thread, but I'm quite interested in Black Op for this. Looks the right type to my untrained eye. His chase form has a solid look to it and he's never run in a handicap before so is unexposed. Would want to hear about this being his target before getting involved at 25s though. I must admit that I was hoping for a bigger price as he is a bit of a left field selection

Comment

Anyone have any antepost fancies for this Saturday at Cheltenham before declarations tomorrow?

I'd be interested in Manofthemountain and Cobra De Mai in the 3m handicap chase.
                    Apparently the stable think MOTM could be up to running in the Ladbrokes Trophy and if he was to not be out of the bottom of the weights he'd have to win or go close here of 137

Interested to hear other peoples selections on these races

Comment

I'd imagine there will be more 'messing around' with Cobra de Mai this season.

I like Manofthemountain and will be backing him. He's highly regarded and unexposed so you'd expect him to run a big race.
                      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                        I'd imagine there will be more 'messing around' with Cobra de Mai this season.
                        He's certainly handicapped to win but it'll be a case of following the money when it comes, rather than guessing if they are trying or not. I actually feel like Saturday could be the day but will still wait to see what the market does on Saturday morning.

Comment

Another MOTM fan! I think he's very highly regarded by the stable

Cobra has been steadily shortening this week, I think saturday could be the day as much less likely to get his ground after that for some whiles... It will be interesting to see what the market says

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            He's certainly handicapped to win but it'll be a case of following the money when it comes, rather than guessing if they are trying or not. I actually feel like Saturday could be the day but will still wait to see what the market does on Saturday morning.
                            Looks like tomorrow might just be the day for CDM. Halved in price today.

Comment

Global citizen-has got two entries this week both at Newbury, one in the 2.25 Friday over 20f and one in the 3.35 Saturday over 16f.

I'm hoping he pitches up in the latter as it's a 0-150 and while he would be carrying a rather lumpy 12-1 as he's rated 151, i don't put as much emphasis when on better ground with weight personally. It's a dry forecast so would make sense to wait the extra day for the trip he's most suited to thou good to soft would be no issue. I mentioned it a while ago that I'm a believer in that this horse needs a flat deck to show his best ability, he is 6/10 on a level surface, has yet to show his chase ability bar one start at Kempton(also a flat deck) in which he beat some smart types including Rogue vif & Fanion d'estruval, and some of his hurdle form is very smart so when he puts it together he's a talented horse.

General 10/1 happy to back him now even thou he has a point to prove and reassess if/once declared.
                              Last edited by Outlaw; 24 November 2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X