Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

'Jumpers to follow' book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Jumpers to follow' book

I imagine a few from here will have bought it at some point, is it a worthwhile read?

Originally posted by Jorvik View Post
    I imagine a few from here will have bought it at some point, is it a worthwhile read?
    I’m waiting for my copy to arrive, previous editions have been a very enjoyable and reference tool.

Comment

Would you say it has brought you much success? Any dark horses that you wouldn't have been on thier radar? Or would it even boost confidence for other selections you might have already considered?

I'm only asking as never purchased before.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
        Would you say it has brought you much success? Any dark horses that you wouldn't have been on thier radar? Or would it even boost confidence for other selections you might have already considered?

I'm only asking as never purchased before.
        I find it handy as a reference point and background for horses I see crop up in racecards to seek out expectation from trainers and expected career path. Along with the bigger stables there tends to be very good coverage of horses at the smaller stables who win races at the smaller tracks at some point so nice to keep an eye out for. There is a lot of detail in the book and whilst most of the main selected horses have already been discussed in depth on this forum there are some gems to find. I enjoy the coverage given to the point to point sales and the view points & opinions of the jockeys that ride the horses behind the scenes. For £12 it’s well worth buying.

Comment

I bought One Jump Ahead last year and didn't read past page 10.

I think the best horse I ever got from it was Apples Shakira a few years ago ... to be honest some of the content on here is just as good ... but you don't get it on such an easy format, and less than £15 for anything isn't a big outlay for people who have bothered to sign up to a forum dedicated to a sport so intrinsically linked to gambling..... buy them all I say, even if its just too use as a drinks coaster

Comment

Worth considering as well that bookies are aware of all publication picks as well as premium tipping line selections, if your betting focuses on these horses or your bet history shows a number of these selections you can expect your accounts to get restricted.
            I’m not saying it’s right but it’s how they operate...

Comment

Mines arrived today. That's my next few weeks sorted along with the Golf. When you get Jump books and see Henderson Mullins and Elliot names about you get more excited then Christmas. May I say I hope it all goes well for the jumps over Christmas and we can start enjoying again.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                Mines arrived today. That's my next few weeks sorted along with the Golf. When you get Jump books and see Henderson Mullins and Elliot names about you get more excited then Christmas. May I say I hope it all goes well for the jumps over Christmas and we can start enjoying again.
                The mention of Christmas made me smile.

I’ve always thought of the Cheltenham Festival as “Christmas for grown-ups”.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Hope to follow one or two out of the book then see the other horses over next few months.

Comment

I've got 14 successive copies of Timeform's annual 1000-page jumps racing bible Chasers and Hurdlers - covering every season from 1982/3 to 1995/6 - which I've promised my wife I'll reluctantly part with because of a lack of space.

They're in very good condition and cost about 50 quid apiece at the time.

I'd be happy to see them go to a good home if anyone's interested in making me an offer - I'm not expecting a king's ransom.

If the start of the Cheltenham Festival is like Christmas Day for grown ups (to quote SW) I always felt the arrival in the post of Chasers and Hurdlers was much better than my birthday.

If anyone's interested maybe you could send me a private email.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      I browsed down the page until I came across 'Watch a replay of the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle', so launched the laptop through the patio doors...

Comment

Two for gold could be a nice one for the NH chase?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                          Two for gold could be a nice one for the NH chase?
                          He's not a novice Ray. Won a few races last season, including when beating Hold The Note at Warwick

Comment

Working...
                          X