Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily National Hunt Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
    So you wouldn't claim 7lbs off 2nd top weight if you had a claimer well worth it?
    That's not what I said.

Comment

• Andy Dufresne is far too big at 4/1 in my opinion on Sunday

Comment

• 3.30 Fairyhouse - Sneaky Getaway / Darrens Hope / Ragnar Lodbrok

Folcano was well backed for the Martin Pipe but fell at the first so could easily be very well handicapped but his price is very skinny. I just feel there is a good race in Sneaky and he was also quietly fancied for the Coral Cup. He was travelling well and then just completely folded so I'm giving him another chance. I've always liked Darrens Hope and she has some good form. Others may be much better handicapped but I think she won't be too far away. If I like Darrens then I also had to have Ragnar who was beaten by her earlier in the season but is now much better off at the weights.

4.05 Fairyhouse - Golden Jewel

I was slightly disappointed with his 5th in the Ladbrokes Hurdle. His style of running(held up for late finish) is always open for trouble in running but if he can get a clear passage, I think he will go very close. EDB was abit of a cliff horse for me but I've managed to break away from him so really don't want him to win!!

Comment

• ....popping this here in case anybody is interested.

Getaway Trump is a general 7/2 for Thursday’s Red Rum Chase (best price 5-1 Hills), yet its still listed @ 8-1 in their #future odds list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
            Andy Dufresne is far too big at 4/1 in my opinion on Sunday
            Agreed HF.

He finished ahead of Asterion Forlonge at the DRF and I think the gap between the two of them in the betting is too big as it stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Agreed HF.

He finished ahead of Asterion Forlonge at the DRF and I think the gap between the two of them in the betting is too big as it stands.
              And Andy Dusfresne is a fresher horse

Comment

• Asterion is a horrid price, he really is. I don't think his jumping left handed has hindered him recently, so i don't see why he's so short.

I was going to dutch Franco De Port and Janidil. FDP on the fact i think he'll be a better horse over further and last time was too bad to be true. Janidil has course form, enjoys better ground and was going well last time before tipping up. His jumping has let him down recently though so that's a worry.
                Both at prices.

Comment

• At Haydock, gone for Barton Knoll in the 1.30. 5/1 e/w. Should have an uncontested lead, won at Haydock and best form is on better ground.

Ch'ti Balko in the 2.05 at 10/1 e/w and also down 8/1 3 places. His Haydock form is great and this is winnable off 136.

Also done Mahlermade in the 2.40 at Haydock. Won over course and distance 2 years ago off 119 and now down to 110. Best performances are on flatter tracks with better ground and taken the 16/1.

At Fairyhouse, in the 3m handicap hurdle, I've done Darren's Hope and Ragnar Lodbrok. Darren's Hope I've followed this season and the step up to 3m has been the making of her. Some good back form with good horses and I can see her running a big race at 33s.

The pace in the race will be hot with a lot of horses wanting to race near the lead. They could set a suicidal pace and Ragnar Lodbrok could pick up the pieces. 9/1 e/w with Ladbrokes.

In the 2m handicap hurdle, I've opted for Hearts are Trumps at 16s e/w. Recent form hasn't been much but the better ground should suit (2nd to Aramon at Galway in the summer off a 5 pound higher mark) and has some good finishes in larger field handicaps. Shouldn't have too much competition at the front and I'm hoping for a good run.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                    ....popping this here in case anybody is interested.

Getaway Trump is a general 7/2 for Thursday’s Red Rum Chase (best price 5-1 Hills), yet its still listed @ 8-1 in their #future odds list.

...Hills appear to have noticed their error & the 8-1 is no longer there, presume a few got on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                      At Haydock, gone for Barton Knoll in the 1.30. 5/1 e/w. Should have an uncontested lead, won at Haydock and best form is on better ground.

Ch'ti Balko in the 2.05 at 10/1 e/w and also down 8/1 3 places. His Haydock form is great and this is winnable off 136.

Also done Mahlermade in the 2.40 at Haydock. Won over course and distance 2 years ago off 119 and now down to 110. Best performances are on flatter tracks with better ground and taken the 16/1.

At Fairyhouse, in the 3m handicap hurdle, I've done Darren's Hope and Ragnar Lodbrok. Darren's Hope I've followed this season and the step up to 3m has been the making of her. Some good back form with good horses and I can see her running a big race at 33s.

The pace in the race will be hot with a lot of horses wanting to race near the lead. They could set a suicidal pace and Ragnar Lodbrok could pick up the pieces. 9/1 e/w with Ladbrokes.

In the 2m handicap hurdle, I've opted for Hearts are Trumps at 16s e/w. Recent form hasn't been much but the better ground should suit (2nd to Aramon at Galway in the summer off a 5 pound higher mark) and has some good finishes in larger field handicaps. Shouldn't have too much competition at the front and I'm hoping for a good run.
                      ​​​​​
                      Some bad jumps by the horses at Haydock but Hearts are Trumps wins well in the feature at Fairyhouse.

Comment

• Teahupoo and Fakir D double for today 5P.

I will be a bit surprised if either are beaten to be honest. Teahupoo didn’t run at Cheltenham so will be fresh. Fakir always seems to run his race and today is surely when he gets his head in front, not much he’s up against.

Comment

• Had a few quid on the following today at Fairyhouse:

Big King - name association bet but thought he unfortunately was in front too early after the horse leading fell but got nabbed on the line by a horse sat on a scud middle. Hopefully he’s got enough left in the tank to win today but another big and competitive field.

Aarons Day - was backed into favourite LTO but didn’t get competitive, hoping he will perform better today at a bigger price

Bussleton - bombed in the Boodles but is a better horse than that. Teeaphoo should win but Busselton at 8/1 is a nice alternative

Stormy Ireland - it’s windy outside and the prodigal daughter is back with Willie. Hoping to see relive her previous highs and beat the Boss

Easy Game - missed Cheltenham, is at his best on better ground, fresh and a lively chance.

Irish Grand National - I’ve backed the novices who missed Cheltenham....Latest Exhibition, Run Wild Fred and Court Maid

good luck all

Comment

• ....TBO 5/2 up to ?10 with Hills (Specials/Flash price).

Comment

• Has to be Lynwood Gold and Run Wild Fred - singles and doubles

Both missed Cheltenham, really fancied both

Comment

• Gave my wife my skybet free bet to pick. What did you pick? Freewheeling Fucking Dylan. Gonna be agonising handing that cash over ffs

Comment

Working...
                                X