Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

King George VI Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
    Still in the back of my mind I think clan is flattered by both his King George wins

He beat a way past his best thistlecrack in 2018

With native river (too slow) and Politologue (non stayer) in behind

Then last year the jockeys of both his main rivals said they knew they weren't travelling at all after a couple of fences

I'm hoping we see the Cyrname who beat altior and who destroyed the field in that ascot chase. I simply dont think Clan could beat him in that form, and I get the feeling Nicholls thinks that too but doesn't want to say it.
    That Ascot chase win puts him 10lb ahead of the opposition tomorrow IMO. He has won twice around Kempton and now looks like he can stay 3ml. At around 3/1 I think he is worth 5pts
    Cyrname that is

Comment

• Saint Calvados is the value bet for me at 20-1 with B365.

He's never been beaten first time out in all four of his previous seasons.

And he's a potential improver in his first try over 3 miles on the back of a great run in the Ryanair. I don't think he'll struggle to get the trip round Kempton.

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
        Saint Calvados is the value bet for me at 20-1 with B365.

And he's a potential improver in his first try over 3 miles on the back of a great run in the Ryanair. I don't think he'll struggle to get the trip round Kempton.

Stable form is what stops me following you in on this. Since win 39 runs 42 days

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post

Stable form is what stops me following you in on this. Since win 39 runs 42 days
          Haha...yeah it is the elephant in the room.

For the record I've also had a cheeky 0.5 point Saint Calvados double to win the King George and the Gold Cup at 200-1.

I think Eggs said it was 300-1 originally so I haven't even got the value.

But it's a fun bet.

Comment

Could even have a related e/w double with a plus tard in the savills

Comment

I'm sitting on a 33-1 a/p ticket for Saint Calvados too. Didn't think i'd even get a run , i read something about him having blood poisoning ??.

Comment

• I think CDO will make it the hat trick.

Cyrname is going to face a different task altogether having beaten inferior rivals lto.

Comment

• I'm with team Saint Calvados here at the prices. If he doesnt fluff the last in the Ryanair I think he wins.

What price would Min be here if he was entered ?

Comment

Haha...yeah it is the elephant in the room.

For the record I've also had a cheeky 0.5 point Saint Calvados double to win the King George and the Gold Cup at 200-1.

I think Eggs said it was 300-1 originally so I haven't even got the value.

But it's a fun bet.
                    I like Saint Calvados ew at the prices.

BTW NC B365 still have him @300/1 for KG and GC.
                    Worth a fun fiver to be sitting on him to win ?1,500 at Cheltenham should he oblige tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Brital View Post

I like Saint Calvados ew at the prices.

BTW NC B365 still have him @300/1 for KG and GC.
                      Worth a fun fiver to be sitting on him to win ?1,500 at Cheltenham should he oblige tomorrow
                      Thanks for the Christmas present Brital - I'm on board with the B365 Santa Calvados special.

Good luck pal.

Comment

• They only let me have 83p on that Saint Calvados special... should I be worried? Such a small stakes gambler I've never had any restrictions before.

Comment

• Ive done my second biggest single of the year on CDO.

Comment

• Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
                            They only let me have 83p on that Saint Calvados special... should I be worried? Such a small stakes gambler I've never had any restrictions before.
                            The only thing you should be worried about is that you wasted 83p, imagine the fun you could have had with that in the pic&mix counter! I’ll give you 1500 myself is Saint Calvados wins the King George and Gold Cup!

Comment

• Just waiting on the prices this morning.
                              But it's deffo 10pt win CDO, will be more if for some reason he goes to 3-1 or something mad.

I'll have a saver double on Cyrname & Al Boum Photo for Gold cup, wjile his price is still around 11/2 , before new years day.
                              Would be a small consolation.

Comment

• Agree with most on here, second and third fav look underpriced to me and little interest in Lost in Translation. CDO looks a solid fav but I do wonder if there might be an upset this year. All small stakes CDO win, Reel Steel (33s antepost), Waiting Patiently (25/1) and Saint Calvados (20/1) E/W. Also done all 4 for combo R F/Cs and T/Cs
                                Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 26 December 2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X