Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

King George VI Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
    Got a lovely dimension to this race with Cyrname being able to be ridden with more constraint and utilise his cruising speed effortlessly it would seem, also Vinndication jumping as bad as i have seen today and still staying within the protagonists all the way is credit to him. Both very good horses and will make this years edition potentially red hot and the most intriguing since Cue vs Thistle imo.
    I'd be surprised if Vinndication isn't tailed off or PU in a King George.
    They just get racing early doors usually and the speed merchants and better jumpers come to the fore.
    He may need very soft ground just to slow the others down a bit.

Comment

Do i think he can win no, but for me a horse like him could grab a third(jumping would need to be on his A game admittedly).He's worthy of lining up in the race imo and with CDO seemingly versatile tactics wise,it will be fascinating to see how early Cyrname waits especially after showing today he doesn't need to do a solo mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post

I'd be surprised if Vinndication isn't tailed off or PU in a King George.
        They just get racing early doors usually and the speed merchants and better jumpers come to the fore.
        He may need very soft ground just to slow the others down a bit.
        Didn't you back Vinndication for a Gold Cup last season and slam them for going for the Ultima?

Nothing wrong with changing your mind of course, but you were a bit of a billy big spuds about it when I said they were right to go for the Ultima?

I don't have the emoji's to hand, but you know me....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Didn't you back Vinndication for a Gold Cup last season and slam them for going for the Ultima?

Nothing wrong with changing your mind of course, but you were a bit of a billy big spuds about it when I said they were right to go for the Ultima?

I don't have the emoji's to hand, but you know me....
          I never backed him for the Gold Cup, No.
          I would have mentioned him as a possible improving long odds 7 year old at some point though

Don't recall the Billy Big spuds thing either.

We did have a discussion about his entry in the ultima.
          But my viewpoint was that off the weight he had to carry and off his mark at the time (159) they'd have been better off running in the Gold cup.
          Cos if "they" thought he was well handicapped and would win the Ultima off that mark then that would not be far away from Gold cup level.

We also discussed what the mark he would achieve if he did win the Ultima.
          Turns out he got put up 2lbs to 161 for finishing fourth !!
          The Conditional got 8lbs !!

So that was the discussion point.
          And I stand by my viewpoint on it 100%.

Turns out he wasn't good enough for either.
          And is definitely not good enough or suited for a King George.

Comment

Ah yeah, that was it. I forgot it was anti-Ultima, not pro-Gold Cup

Comment

Initial entries have been made. I think they might be released tomorrow.

Comment

I see Kemboy is in there archie, are you still involved ?
                The owls are not what they seem

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
                  I see Kemboy is in there archie, are you still involved ?

...if i recall correctly, Archie is involved and been hinting for a while that they’d fancy a tilt at this.

From my own perspective, having put up Real Steel, I’m a big fan of Kemboy and will definitely get it in my book now.

Comment

King George

Ladbrokes King George VI Chase

Coral: 5-2 Cyrname, 3 Clan Des Obeaux, 6 Lostintranslation, 10 Allaho, 12 Champ, Real Steel, 16 Fakir D'Oudairies, Kemboy, Monalee, 20 bar

Non-stayer fronts the market, again (sure he was fav this time last year)

Clan needs a run. Proven. Anything in there that will handle conditions as well or better than him

Lostintranslation. Will yard improve by then

Fakir, interesting entry. Same with Steal which you guys smashed up AP lol

Comment

Nobody mentioned Saint Calvados as the winner yet. He wasn't stopping at the end of the Ryanair. Still available @ 33/1 with PP

Comment

I'd want to see him run over 3 miles before going to KG, alot of middle distance horses have gone to the KG stepping up in trip for the first time, and have failed to get home

Comment

He is entered in the Betfair

Comment

Full list of entries

The owls are not what they seem

Comment

....according to Mullins stable tour: ‘Kemboy heading to Leopardstown at Christmas’.

Comment

Real Steel takes on 4 at Ascot on Saturday.

Imperial Alcazar, Itchy Feet and Black Corton. Its a nice little race to get him started in, it won't be easy as the other 3 have all had a run under their belt but a good run should (I hope) book his King George ticket.

COME ON REAL STEEL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X