Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

King George VI Chase 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Always think of the stable staff this time of year. All very well Rachel jumping on a chopper on Boxing Day morning and coming over, but the stable staff looking after Monalee will have to come over 24/25 and completely miss Xmas. Comes with the territory and they know that, but even still fair play to them

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

      King George is way more important than any other race on that day. Which Grade 1's is she passing up? What would she have been on?
      Of course, didn’t say it wasn’t

      I thought there were more races on Boxing Day in Ireland she would miss if I’m being honest but doesn’t look like much if any. I’m sure HDB said Captain Guinness wouldn’t run in the Grade 1 novice chase?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Always think of the stable staff this time of year. All very well Rachel jumping on a chopper on Boxing Day morning and coming over, but the stable staff looking after Monalee will have to come over 24/25 and completely miss Xmas. Comes with the territory and they know that, but even still fair play to them
        I think it would be well worth the journey if the horse won, imagine the journey back home - would be one to remember for those who care for the horse

        Comment


        • #94
          I said I’d back an Ireland trained horse for this, and so I’ve taken the 9/1 for Monalee

          CDS - deserves and should be fav. Just don’t like Nichols horse this season after their first run. They have all ran like dogs, winning first time out suggests his has had them turned right up for first outing but that it. Didn’t like that run over heavy at haydock as his ‘prep’. Don’t think anything here in GB will beat it, but when ever CDD has had to mix it up with the Irish, he’s been defeated

          Cyname - expect better run, think he was burnt out after run with Altior. However... can’t get behind him, don’t think he’ll stay

          LIT - Colins yard is in shocking form. I have a rollout on him but chase out on my single. Just don’t like trainer form this season and no real sign of turning

          Real Steel - too poor to be true on first run

          Loads of ireland horses that won turn uo

          The rest, not good enough

          Monalee will do me for now

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by opatcho View Post
            I said I’d back an Ireland trained horse for this, and so I’ve taken the 9/1 for Monalee

            CDS - deserves and should be fav. Just don’t like Nichols horse this season after their first run. They have all ran like dogs, winning first time out suggests his has had them turned right up for first outing but that it. Didn’t like that run over heavy at haydock as his ‘prep’. Don’t think anything here in GB will beat it, but when ever CDD has had to mix it up with the Irish, he’s been defeated

            Cyname - expect better run, think he was burnt out after run with Altior. However... can’t get behind him, don’t think he’ll stay

            LIT - Colins yard is in shocking form. I have a rollout on him but chase out on my single. Just don’t like trainer form this season and no real sign of turning

            Real Steel - too poor to be true on first run

            Loads of ireland horses that won turn uo

            The rest, not good enough

            Monalee will do me for now
            Like Monalee quite a lot...but....

            CDS? (You mean CDO) - The notion that Nicholls won't have him ready for the KING GEORGE is nonsense. Ruling out one of his runners that is a dual KG winner because they've already had a run, based on stable mates 'running like dogs' second time out? I can't be arsed to fact check how his runners compare 2nd time out this season compared to other seasons but no matter what the results were (and they're far from being certain to prove you right), it's laughable to assume PAUL NICHOLLS won't be able to peak a horse on 2nd run for a King George as a dual champion of the race.

            Cyrname - you don't think he'll stay, yet his most recent run was a Grade 2 win at the distance comfortably over a horse we know is 160+ rated and stays the trip? Poor reason to rule him out. His most recent run was the best staying performance of his life.

            LIT - can't deny the trainer form is currently 'bad', would only take LIT winning for the media to disregard that though in one sweeping statement. A massively over played angle at times.

            Real Steel - was too poor to be true, so you are ruling him out? Surely if he was too poor to be true, by definition, his next run won't be as bad? Therefore why rule him out so easily?

            Loads of Irish won't turn up - correct.

            The rest, not good enough - maybe, looks like fook all else is running


            FWIW I don't think Monalee is a bad bet at all each way at 9/1 as it doesn't look like it's going to be deep! There are 'good' horses who might run but I do like Monalee loads. All that said, 9/1 isn't making me get excited, I think he's a class below CDO and Cyrname, he's a really solid horse Monalee, but always finds one too good.... so while I think he may well place at 9/1, I'm not tempted to back him.

            Certainly don't think he's the best of the Irish and therefore an auto-bet like you've made him.... but last weekend showed the Irish in a pretty good light.



            Who knows, maybe on the day 9/1 about Monalee will look amazing, best of luck opatcho, nothing personal above, just disagreed with some reasoning although the end result is probably the same

            Comment


            • #96
              Cant take to monalee

              he loves finding a way to get beat

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                Cant take to monalee

                he loves finding a way to get beat
                I did think that and nearly said it, but win ratio of just under 25% isn't bad considering the company he keeps? Never beaten too far?


                He is solid really.....

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

                  I did think that and nearly said it, but win ratio of just under 25% isn't bad considering the company he keeps? Never beaten too far?


                  He is solid really.....
                  Hes won once in 10 races since finishing second in the RSA and that was over 2m4f against anibale fly who needs 4m2f

                  hes clearly a good horse but he doesn't win enough

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Monalee's always been a weird one for me, i get the view he doesn't win often alright, and there's been races where i've looked at him and thought this will be perfect for him, ie a Ryanair, and he's been shit!! Then runs well in races i wouldn't think would suit as much.

                    For me, a KG should be up his street, so we know what happens here......

                    Big LIT fan, but i don't think he's as good right handed and Kempton wouldn't suit for me.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

                      Like Monalee quite a lot...but....

                      CDS? (You mean CDO) - The notion that Nicholls won't have him ready for the KING GEORGE is nonsense. Ruling out one of his runners that is a dual KG winner because they've already had a run, based on stable mates 'running like dogs' second time out? I can't be arsed to fact check how his runners compare 2nd time out this season compared to other seasons but no matter what the results were (and they're far from being certain to prove you right), it's laughable to assume PAUL NICHOLLS won't be able to peak a horse on 2nd run for a King George as a dual champion of the race.

                      Cyrname - you don't think he'll stay, yet his most recent run was a Grade 2 win at the distance comfortably over a horse we know is 160+ rated and stays the trip? Poor reason to rule him out. His most recent run was the best staying performance of his life.

                      LIT - can't deny the trainer form is currently 'bad', would only take LIT winning for the media to disregard that though in one sweeping statement. A massively over played angle at times.

                      Real Steel - was too poor to be true, so you are ruling him out? Surely if he was too poor to be true, by definition, his next run won't be as bad? Therefore why rule him out so easily?

                      Loads of Irish won't turn up - correct.

                      The rest, not good enough - maybe, looks like fook all else is running


                      FWIW I don't think Monalee is a bad bet at all each way at 9/1 as it doesn't look like it's going to be deep! There are 'good' horses who might run but I do like Monalee loads. All that said, 9/1 isn't making me get excited, I think he's a class below CDO and Cyrname, he's a really solid horse Monalee, but always finds one too good.... so while I think he may well place at 9/1, I'm not tempted to back him.

                      Certainly don't think he's the best of the Irish and therefore an auto-bet like you've made him.... but last weekend showed the Irish in a pretty good light.



                      Who knows, maybe on the day 9/1 about Monalee will look amazing, best of luck opatcho, nothing personal above, just disagreed with some reasoning although the end result is probably the same
                      I’m not entirely sure but I think you may have misinterpreted his point on CDO Kev... the more I read it I’m not too sure if the exact point myself though!

                      IMO the undertones from what Nicholls and the stable are saying seems to indicate they really fancy Cyrname. Will be interesting to see who they back and how heavily

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fatcatshat View Post

                        I’m not entirely sure but I think you may have misinterpreted his point on CDO Kev... the more I read it I’m not too sure if the exact point myself though!

                        IMO the undertones from what Nicholls and the stable are saying seems to indicate they really fancy Cyrname. Will be interesting to see who they back and how heavily
                        Haha, I could well have done.... opatcho hasn't been back on all day though to shut me up lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fatcatshat View Post

                          I’m not entirely sure but I think you may have misinterpreted his point on CDO Kev... the more I read it I’m not too sure if the exact point myself though!

                          IMO the undertones from what Nicholls and the stable are saying seems to indicate they really fancy Cyrname. Will be interesting to see who they back and how heavily
                          Thats the feeling I get

                          At least I think Nicholls really wants cyrname to win to silence the doubters fully after last year

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

                            Haha, I could well have done.... opatcho hasn't been back on all day though to shut me up lol
                            Just spent 20 minutes drafting up a reply, with quotes and statements to counteract. But you know what... "meh"

                            This thread is really struggling, not much in terms of insights, angles.... nothing to bite on. A week away and its like a damp flannel

                            The race itself, the old timers will try and tell you its great... but it isnt. It's another.... "meh". Other that the Cue Card vs Vautour race, its another race that "same old same old". People moan about the Betfair chase, but jesus... copy and paste winners or what

                            The Road to Cheltenham really does mean "jump racing is a bore outside of the festival, major races over in Ireland and 3-4 meetings at Cheltenham"
                            My auto bet on the King George say it all really - 2/10 in terms of effort on a race which is a 3/10

                            So yeah, struggling to have any enthusiasm for the race and, as a result, this thread. So see ya all over in the Cheltenham board

                            Comment


                            • Message Deleted
                              Last edited by Lobos; 18 December 2020, 12:34 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Monalee could well end up a NR given the restrictions the Irish Gov will introduce on ferries & air travel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X