Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

King George VI Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
    Real Steel takes on 4 at Ascot on Saturday.

Imperial Alcazar, Itchy Feet and Black Corton. Its a nice little race to get him started in, it won't be easy as the other 3 have all had a run under their belt but a good run should (I hope) book his King George ticket.

COME ON REAL STEEL!!!!
    I have had a little tickle on Black Corton on Saturday. Nice to see him getting weight for a change.

Is the Alcazar a side tip for Haydock on the same day

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
      Real Steel takes on 4 at Ascot on Saturday.

Imperial Alcazar, Itchy Feet and Black Corton. Its a nice little race to get him started in, it won't be easy as the other 3 have all had a run under their belt but a good run should (I hope) book his King George ticket.

COME ON REAL STEEL!!!!
      Surprised he hasn't opened up fav, whether he wins is a different matter but surely he should be fav given has the open grade form and Aura whilst being progressive hasn't faced up to anything like 160 horses yet.

Comment

Master Tommytucker's engine is really quite something - Good Boy Bobby is a really admirable sort who is oh so consistent and he's walloped him there.
        Last edited by Bonjers; 21 November 2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Real Steel has no chance in this unless he drastically improves his jumping from today

Comment

These ex-mullins horses havent really win much so far
            Another one here with Laurina
            Reel Steel... hmmmmmm

Comment

Have backed cyrname at 3s

Think that race will have left its mark on clan des obeaux

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                Real Steel has no chance in this unless he drastically improves his jumping from today
                Not even the jumping that stood out today it was the week finish, i assume Nicholls had him A1 like he has everything this season and he even had Itchy feet overtaking him late on, it just validates how slowly and tactical that GC was this year that he was so close be still petered out when bang there. No chance i could have him staying the Kg with horses going a proper lick.

Imperial impressive again nudging towards the 160 mark now and could he be the second novice hcap chase winner to go onto G1 honours?

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

I'd see that as a decent prep ahead of the KG. He ran well but just beaten by a horse better suited to the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

It'll have taken quite a bit out of him for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                      These ex-mullins horses havent really win much so far
                      Another one here with Laurina
                      Reel Steel... hmmmmmm
                      There was a stat being thrown around today re horses leaving Willie and how they perform after........ needless to say it wasn't very positive for the incoming trainers !

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

Not even the jumping that stood out today it was the week finish, i assume Nicholls had him A1 like he has everything this season and he even had Itchy feet overtaking him late on, it just validates how slowly and tactical that GC was this year that he was so close be still petered out when bang there. No chance i could have him staying the Kg with horses going a proper lick.

Imperial impressive again nudging towards the 160 mark now and could he be the second novice hcap chase winner to go onto G1 honours?
                        I think he’d had the stuffing knocked out of him due to going through, instead of over, so many of the fences.

Aura did it nicely but I don’t think he beat much. Itchy feet is a handicapper, Black Corton unseated and Real Steel had an absolute stinker and yet was only 7 lengths back.

Comment

I've backed Lostintranslation for the KG 10/1

- in last years renewal he over stretched when jumping 4-5 out when the race was developing
                          - Colins horses are needing the run, he will come on from todays race
                          - Was minded today, no danger of a mark being left on him
                          - I want a proper 3 miler for this, Cyrname is not that
                          - The KG is between Clan and Lostintranslation IMO, and at the prices, and based on my thought process, I'm with LIT

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post

It'll have taken quite a bit out of him for sure .
                            He has plenty of time to recover. Was it better prep than when he lost in the race two years ago? I think it was.

Comment

With Clan, I'm more worried that Nichols has put in a ton of work into him for todays race
                              Nichols horses appears to be operating at 110% first time out.... but not really finding much next time out. Thats just my observation
                              I much perferred this previous prep/first time out runs going onto the KG

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

He has plenty of time to recover. Was it better prep than when he lost in the race two years ago? I think it was.
                                He ran much better but clearly today he was racing harder and right to the line. He should have enough time to recover. Nicholls looks to have the race sewn up. Can't see anything touching the top 2. Nothing else in the race is there ??

Comment

Working...
                                X