Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Tingle Creek 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Plenty of money for Kettle in this. Has Henry or her enthusiastic owners said they are going for it ??
    Is it money for PTKO or are there possible negatives about the remainder ?
    If Altior doesn’t go and Defi steps/retires or whatever other noise is kicking around it begins to look like a weak renewal...

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

      Is it money for PTKO or are there possible negatives about the remainder ?
      If Altior doesn’t go and Defi steps/retires or whatever other noise is kicking around it begins to look like a weak renewal...
      Henry does enjoy having a tickle at the TC but imo it'll come to quickly after her tough race yesterday.

      Comment


      • #48
        Agreed

        I was hoping he put her away

        Tried to search Twitter for any updates, however.... "Put The Kettle On" returns 100's of unless tweets of people asking for a cuppa - what a pain in the arse!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          How many do we see turning up for the Tingle Creek?

          The last 4 renewals have had 8,4,6,6 runners so I'm thinking there is each way value with Politilogue at 8/1.

          He won the race in 2017 and is the reigning champion chaser. I know he disappointed in the TC last season but that was after a hard race in the Schloer.

          It looks like PFN is going to take him there a fresh horse and I can't believe he's a bigger price than Greaneteen.

          What am I missing?
          Nothing if he's an intended runner?

          I hope he's beaten mind you...

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Odds from 13 June 2020, 11:43 AM





            Speculative, but a few of us have been talking up Put The Kettle On for the Champion Chase, and she's just come up while discussing the 2mile division in the UK and how weak it is, and that she may well clash with Defi Du Seuil in this race if not before.

            I didn't realise there were prices until Lobos pointed it out, and 25/1 is surely worth a little tickle?

            The trainer sent Special Tiara to these shores loads and we can put 2 and 2 together and assume that as the PTKO owners have already had their horse travel over as a novice chaser to take in the Arkle trial at Cheltenham they'd have no problem coming over either?



            The 25/1 is with Unibet and 1/4 the odds, I'm going to have an each way bet on it now.
            The opening post not looking so bad now.... fingers crossed for a run!!!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

              The opening post not looking so bad now.... fingers crossed for a run!!!
              Yep, I'm on to but only 20's. Can't make up my mind whether I want her to run or not as it could mess her up for her CC challenge and I Defi don't want that ! I'm sure Henry and the boys will make the right choice. If she recovers well after yesterday and turns up fit and fresh then she would have a big chance. I think the track and Sandown fences coming thick and fast will really suit and play to her strengths and that stiff finish she'll relish. She is clearly a very hardy sort as she ran 8 times all told last year including several quickish turnarounds. You never know.

              Comment


              • #52
                Yeah, the conditions and the way she had to battle to win that race on Sunday may have rule her out of the Tingle Creek
                She does seem a little battler though
                Agree that Sandown would suit her, and she stays well so that finish up the hill will be no worry

                Is it all too much though. She's put herself in the frame now (in my eyes as I needed to see her first run in open company). Maybe go Tingle and then put her away?

                Does anyone know why they put her away last year ahead of the Arkle?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                  Yeah, the conditions and the way she had to battle to win that race on Sunday may have rule her out of the Tingle Creek
                  She does seem a little battler though
                  Agree that Sandown would suit her, and she stays well so that finish up the hill will be no worry

                  Is it all too much though. She's put herself in the frame now (in my eyes as I needed to see her first run in open company). Maybe go Tingle and then put her away?

                  Does anyone know why they put her away last year ahead of the Arkle?
                  Because she had been on the go since May. They needed to freshen her up. Personally think they'll run her in the Desert Orchid then put her away for the Fez. But they might, just might take in the Creek.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I would be very disappointed if connections declared PTKO for the Tingle Creek

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                      I would be very disappointed if connections declared PTKO for the Tingle Creek
                      How come?

                      The Tingle Creek should be a highlight in the calendar.

                      Abacadabras ran twice in a few weeks and just won a Grade 1. I don't buy in to the idea that horses need long breaks.

                      She's a two miler, I get it more with giving staying chasers longer breaks...




                      Race horse. Race her.


                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        How many do we see turning up for the Tingle Creek?

                        The last 4 renewals have had 8,4,6,6 runners so I'm thinking there is each way value with Politilogue at 8/1.

                        He won the race in 2017 and is the reigning champion chaser. I know he disappointed in the TC last season but that was after a hard race in the Schloer.

                        It looks like PFN is going to take him there a fresh horse and I can't believe he's a bigger price than Greaneteen.

                        What am I missing?
                        With 3 places up for grabs and a maximum of 4 credible candidates, now is definitely the time to play. I wont back Greenetean at 5's, Rouge Vif is ground dependent, so Politologue is the play. But it concerns me that he's 8's and his stablemate is 5's. It makes me question whether he's an intender runner, which is why I've held off so far until someone can confirm.
                        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                          I would be very disappointed if connections declared PTKO for the Tingle Creek
                          I would be surprised rather than disappointed, and I say that as an antepost backer. She's just had a tough race in heavy ground, so I'd be very surprised if they don't give her plenty of time. Christmas would be the next time we'll see her you'd think, and I suspect de Bromhead would think twice about her having another tough race in heavy ground this season.
                          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

                            How come?

                            The Tingle Creek should be a highlight in the calendar.

                            Abacadabras ran twice in a few weeks and just won a Grade 1. I don't buy in to the idea that horses need long breaks.

                            She's a two miler, I get it more with giving staying chasers longer breaks...




                            Race horse. Race her.

                            I think you might be talking through your wallet. I have backed her ante post for the TC but after that slog in the mud on Sunday think connections should wait until Christmas at Leopardstown.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Spectre View Post

                              I would be surprised rather than disappointed, and I say that as an antepost backer. She's just had a tough race in heavy ground, so I'd be very surprised if they don't give her plenty of time. Christmas would be the next time we'll see her you'd think, and I suspect de Bromhead would think twice about her having another tough race in heavy ground this season.
                              Yes Spectre you are right surprised is a better word for it than disappointed.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I have done the Politologue ew @ 8/1. Was there anything of interest in the Nicholls stable tour in yesterdays RP. Gave up my members sub few months back.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X