Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbroke Trophy (Hennessy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already holding a Beware the Bear voucher which I don't really like so I've hit Kildisart this morning 7/1 6 places, notoriously tough race to win but he looks progressive and this doesn't have the look of a vintage renewal to me...

Comment

• In addition to the Tizzard's two I have added Two For Gold.

Comment

• Copperhead! What on earth is Tizzard doing to his horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Altior View Post
          Copperhead! What on earth is Tizzard doing to his horses.
          As a big fan my affinity has ended today, didn't fancy in RSA, forgave the hurdle prep but being prominent then PU again after what 5/6 fences something clearly amiss and ill accept that now. Very frustrating for Team Tizzard with his other going the next fence too. Cloth Cap has been Paul Kealy best hcapped horse to win a big one for about 18-20 months and today he jumps off for Secret Investor. Rough day for plenty it seems.
          Last edited by Outlaw; 28 November 2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Hadn't realised until now that apparently Copperhead was down for a long, long time after his fall in the RSA.

Secret Investor's jumping was really niggly today - Bowen never really seemed to be in sync with him.

Great ride by Scu - would be of interest on similar ground in the National.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjers View Post

Great ride by Scu - would be of interest on similar ground in the National.
              Said that out loud (to myself) as he crossed the line.

Then I answered in my head saying "I bet he goes up loads though in the weights"

Then I ran downstairs to talk to my wife as I was embarassed about talking to myself.

Comment

• I’m tempted to cash out on my LIT KG bet, Copperhead was dire again today and there’s really no sign of the yard coming out of this dark patch

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                  I’m tempted to cash out on my LIT KG bet, Copperhead was dire again today and there’s really no sign of the yard coming out of this dark patch
                  Yard form can change within a few days though....

You'd be better waiting until close to the time if that's the 'angle' for cashing out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Yard form can change within a few days though....

You'd be better waiting until close to the time if that's the 'angle' for cashing out?
                    Agreed, not looking to cash out yet

i had originally backed LIT as I thought he’d come on for it, but now I’m considering this to be a cash out option so will wait a few more weeks

Comment

• I am obviously saying this through very very rose tinted glasses... BUT... Vinndication was travelling and jumping well (before his fall lol).

just met that last fence awkwardly and came down. If he can brush up his jumping I certainly give him a good EW chance in the big one in March.

Comment

• Will there be a new thread for the Ladbrokes Trophy 2021 or shall we carry on with this thread?
                        Anyway my 2 current antepost selections are Shan Blue & Fiddlerontheroof. Both 16/1, I really fancy these both this far out not knowing what Irish raiders may turn up

Comment

• I'm going to the Henn but have learnt over many, many years that it's only worth having a bet in the race on the day as that is the only time the 'real' money is placed. Leave it until about 1pm and then gauge where the proper Dosh is pumped. A very, very good tip from a very old man.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                            Will there be a new thread for the Ladbrokes Trophy 2021 or shall we carry on with this thread?
                            Anyone can create a thread TKP if there’s a discussion to be had, we should have new thread for each race rather than use previous renewals.
                            Feel free to kick it off…

Comment

• Absolutely love the Hennessy meeting. Favourite recent memory was the duel between Total Recall and Whisper. Dear old Whisper, what a game horse he was

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                                Absolutely love the Hennessy meeting
                                Agree, though with a record of just one winner since Whats Up Boys I’m not sure why…

Comment

Working...
                                X