Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbroke Trophy (Hennessy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry week ahead by the looks of it, interesting conundrum as wouldn't suit my fancy Copperhead too much.

finalfurlong91 (Snap)

Comment

• Kildisart is one Pauling harps on about good ground for isn't he....

Comment

• I backed kildisart and beware the bear e/w

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
          I backed kildisart and beware the bear e/w
          Yeah I backed Beware The Bear too on the back of Ista chatting him up.

Could add Kildisart, 10/1 - hmmm.

In it to win it surely....

Comment

• Looks a really average renewal this year doesn’t it

Shame Hendo didn’t enter Champ or Santini

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Kildisart is one Pauling harps on about good ground for isn't he....
              Yep. Nice prep. 3lb pull with current fav on fez form. I like him too.

Comment

Yeah I backed Beware The Bear too on the back of Ista chatting him up.

Could add Kildisart, 10/1 - hmmm.

In it to win it surely....
                Hes a horse I like and he had a very nice prep in the bet365 hurdle

The extra distance and ground should suit perfectly

trainer hasn't had a winner for a while but hes had loads of seconds and thirds so the horses are running ok

Comment

Kildisart is one Pauling harps on about good ground for isn't he....
                  I'm surprised he's down to 7's in places. People clearly disagree with my post #145

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

I'm surprised he's down to 7's in places. People clearly disagree with my post #145

I cna't quite recall but I have a niggle one of the reasons I liked him so much for the Ultima, was that it was specifically that race that'd suit him. I can't quite remember if that's true though...but this is a massive pot, surely no horse runs in the Hennessy with a view to winning the Ultima?

7/1 is too short to back ante post, they'll put some decent offers on the day.

Comment

I cna't quite recall but I have a niggle one of the reasons I liked him so much for the Ultima, was that it was specifically that race that'd suit him. I can't quite remember if that's true though...but this is a massive pot, surely no horse runs in the Hennessy with a view to winning the Ultima?

7/1 is too short to back ante post, they'll put some decent offers on the day.
                      This was from my 2020 ante post diary regarding Kildisart for the Ultima: "Forget his form so far this season, he doesn't act on heavy, but he did finish a nose ahead of Vinndication in the JLT last season so clearly acts at Cheltenham (he also won on his only other start at the track). He'll likely be some 8lbs better off with Vinndication also, which is a huge swing given he already has him covered, albeit by the shortest of margins. 33/1 with the NRNB concession is a lovely bet IMO."

A 3lb swing in Vinndications favour from the Ultima run, when Vinndication was near 2 1/2L behind Kildisart. Both have had seasonal debuts already, and both running exceptionally well too. So it is difficult to split them. I've got a small bet on Vinndication @ 33/1 so I'm hoping he runs. But I may also have to back Kildisart, as I feel one without the other would be a silly move.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

This was from my 2020 ante post diary regarding Kildisart for the Ultima: "Forget his form so far this season, he doesn't act on heavy, but he did finish a nose ahead of Vinndication in the JLT last season so clearly acts at Cheltenham (he also won on his only other start at the track). He'll likely be some 8lbs better off with Vinndication also, which is a huge swing given he already has him covered, albeit by the shortest of margins. 33/1 with the NRNB concession is a lovely bet IMO."

A 3lb swing in Vinndications favour from the Ultima run, when Vinndication was near 2 1/2L behind Kildisart. Both have had seasonal debuts already, and both running exceptionally well too. So it is difficult to split them. I've got a small bet on Vinndication @ 33/1 so I'm hoping he runs. But I may also have to back Kildisart, as I feel one without the other would be a silly move.
                        Yeah that all makes sense.... 33/1 and 7/1 quite different though...

I think I might back Kildisart on the day if the places are sexy

Comment

Yeah that all makes sense.... 33/1 and 7/1 quite different though...

I think I might back Kildisart on the day if the places are sexy
                          Yeah of course, I may just back him as a cover bet, given the form ties

Comment

• Added Aye Right at 7/1
                            I like RSA horses in this, shame they raced him in the Charlie Hall, gone up for that
                            Last edited by opatcho; 23 November 2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Kim Bailey, trainer of Vindication, last had a runner in the race in 1999!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                                Added Aye Right at 7/1
                                I like RSA horses in this, shame they raced him in the Charlie Hall, gone up for that
                                I see his entered in the Rehearsal Chase too. Is this race their preference?

Comment

Working...
                                X