Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Irish Grand National - Monday 5 April 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Grand National - Monday 5 April 2021

Entries

Tiger Roll 3lb lower than Aintree ....

Run Wild Fred to do a Time To Get Up and miss the Cheltenham festival to win something elsewhere.

RWF and Cloth Cap Double EW @ 75/1 is in the book

Comment

Conflated ticks that box too ?

The Big Dog and Court Maid on my shortlist. Not betting yet though.

Comment

My shortlist is

latest exhibition
        run wild fred
        longhouse poet
        sempo

will see what turns up

Comment

Would say this will end up a better race than the Grand National itself, well, if it doesn't i'll be disappointed looking at the entries.

I made a case for Court Maid about 2 weeks ago being overs at 25s. Porterstown runaway winner, her rating now is quite high as a consequence but she really did win that well, and with hopefully a bit of spring ground she should go very well again i reckon. It's the plan as well.

There are about 10 horses in the betting i could fancy so i'll see nearer the time. Given we are going to see a fair few novice chasers go this year, it won't be so easy.

Comment

Coko beach?

Comment

Latest Exhibition Update

Comment

Big Dog Ground dependent ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post

Latest Exhibition Update
                  You get the feeling he wants to run him in the Irish national

If its decent ground thats where I can see him turning up

Comment

Noel Meade:

Among Meade’s team are School Boy Hours and Brace Yourself, but both need plenty of withdrawals to guarantee a run in the maximum field of 30.

“School Boy Hours might not get in, but I always thought the trip would suit,” said Meade.

“Brace Yourself will take his chance, but wouldn’t want the ground too quick. Tout Est Permis hasn’t been running well, but he could go over to Aintree and see if a trip over livens him up. Brace Yourself is a fresh horse, but he’s only a novice.”

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

You get the feeling he wants to run him in the Irish national

If its decent ground thats where I can see him turning up
                      He'd be a big player, but something tells me i'd be looking to take him on in it. From this far out it any number of interesting and unexposed novices could be running!

Comment

Galvin as expected side stepping the Irish National. Comes too soon.

Possible for Scottish version and he's 9/1. Think he'd be a shorty if rocking up there.....

Comment

Sempo is still available @ 33/1 with Betstars (betting arm of PokerStars) and pretty much single figures everywhere else. 1pt EW for me

Comment

Boyles are nrnb.

Comment

There's a further forfeit stage on Wednesday. As mentioned elsewhere, no winner has carried more than 11-4 in the last 25 years and only 2 have carried 11st or more. If Tiger Roll doesn't line up, although far from conclusive, the weight stat becomes more significant.

Comment

Working...
                              X