Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Christmas Bonanza !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas Bonanza !

There are so many amazing races this week and I’m sure people have saved their tokens for a Boxing Day bash at the racing . So working to be similar to the national hunt tips section where people share there bets but as there’s so many races back to back Thought it deserves its own thread!

A lot of our members will have longer term plans such as Cheltenham etc but as there Is such good action we could discuss our betting angles and hopefully pick a few winners!

I’m not a fan of trebles but ill start us off with a treble (IMO very strong)that’s is on my radar zanahiyr , ballyadam & asterion furlonge

Is around 7/1 for the treble.

Who is the weak link in that and why?

Zanahir looks nailed on to me , looks a proper horse
    Last edited by 7barrows; 24 December 2020, 07:17 PM.

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
    There are so many amazing races this week and I’m sure people have saved their tokens for a Boxing Day bash at the racing . So working to be similar to the national hunt tips section where people share there bets but as there’s so many races back to back Thought it deserves its own thread!

A lot of our members will have longer term plans such as Cheltenham etc but as there Is such good action we could discuss our betting angles and hopefully pick a few winners!

I’m not a fan of trebles but ill start us off with a treble (IMO very strong)that’s is on my radar zanahiyr , ballyadam & asterion furlonge

Is around 7/1 for the treble.

Who is the weak link in that and why?

Zanahir looks nailed on to me , looks a proper horse
    Despite being a massive fan of his, Ballyadam is the weak link there IMO.

Paul travelling to Limerick to ride AF is a massive tip in itself, and right handed vs that lot should be a winner.

Timeform said the other day that Zanahiyr is the only horse to have run to a time figure equal to Our Connor, so he is supposed to be mustard.

I love Ballyadam, but it's a very competitive race with more obvious main dangers. I'd substitute Ballyadam with CDO @ 2/1

Comment

Not sure how anyone can be that certain that:

a) Zanahiyr is that good, and
      b) there’s nothing else in the race

given how little form we have to go on for any of the horses in this race.

Comment

Ballyadam, as he isn't the best horse in the race.

Micro Manage, Zanahiyir and Epatante are 2.5/1 (ish) and all have much more straightforward tasks.

Worse odds of course

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
          Not sure how anyone can be that certain that:

a) Zanahiyr is that good, and
          b) there’s nothing else in the race

given how little form we have to go on for any of the horses in this race.
          He's 14L better than the 2nd fav, who only has a 7lb swing and the other Mullins horse is hilariously priced. Literally that short because of the silks. Can't be anything else and I'll get people firing back at me about it, and then he'll not win and everyone will forget

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

Despite being a massive fan of his, Ballyadam is the weak link there IMO.

Paul travelling to Limerick to ride AF is a massive tip in itself, and right handed vs that lot should be a winner.

Timeform said the other day that Zanahiyr is the only horse to have run to a time figure equal to Our Connor, so he is supposed to be mustard.

I love Ballyadam, but it's a very competitive race with more obvious main dangers. I'd substitute Ballyadam with CDO @ 2/1
            Completely off topic Charlie, but seen you use the phrase a few times and it's threw me! Going to be in the minority with were in from and must be an "English term" but where im from Mustard wouldn't be a compliment! For example we would say if a kid was being a shit, "aww fuck that wee lad is mustard"

Comment

Pretty sure it's an English term B.B ,. I have always seen it used to describe someone ... very good at what their doing .

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post

Completely off topic Charlie, but seen you use the phrase a few times and it's threw me! Going to be in the minority with were in from and must be an "English term" but where im from Mustard wouldn't be a compliment! For example we would say if a kid was being a shit, "aww fuck that wee lad is mustard"
                It's just always a term I've grown up with pal, its definitely English and used to describe something very good.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

It's just always a term I've grown up with pal, its definitely English and used to describe something very good.
                  Haha yeah I thought so

Comment

Maybe if Zanahiyr is the rock-solid winner for Boxing Day then he represents a great roll-up opportunity for those wishing to enhance Cheltenham Festival odds by around 50%.

Could be better risk than a lot of the “win today and win X race at the Festival” odds, that have no cash-out.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Dan Skelton could mop up the first three races on Boxing Day at 23/1 (Bet Victor).

Third Time Lucki 5/4
                      Alnadam 11/4
                      Shan Blue 15/8.

I may probably just take the two chasers in a double, at around 10/1. (15/1 if you slid Zanahiyr in there too).
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I am far from a bumper expert but COLLINS last at Leopardstown tomorrow looks interesting. Joseph won the race in 2016 and 2019 and had two 3rds 2017 and 2018.

Comment

My Grandad and Uncle would quote to me every Christmas.....forget Father Christmas it’s Nicky Henderson who’ll sort all your presents at Christmas thanks to his runners at Kempton’
                          This strategy has served me well for years even if his hand this year looks a bit week. I’m surprised he’s not put better horses in the first at Kempton but I do like the look of Son of Camas (even if it’s his Chase debut) Santini and Barbados Blues along with the obvious Epatante.

Other bankers for me are Rose of Arcadia and Cill Anna at Wincanton and Cyrus Keep at Wetherby and surel Hold The Note, Ted Ham, Diol Ker and Springtown Lake have to finally come good and win a race at decent odds?????

Comment

Hope everybody had a good Christmas. Now to the real business!

Had a few bets today -

12:59 wincanton
                            Cill Anna- 3 pts win 2/1

13:15
                            Sons Of Camas 1.5 EW 7/1

13:50 Kempton
                            Shan blue - 4 pts win 15/8

14:35 Limerick
                            Asterion furlonge 11/10 5 pts

15:00 Kemptown
                            HMS Santini 2pts EW 13/2 (hehe, he’s never not placed though )

15:35 Kemptown
                            Distingo 16/1 1.5pt EW

Also 5 point acca Zanihiyr , Asterion , Epetante & Ballyadam 13/1

Comment

Always find Boxing day racing to be a bit unpredictable so obviously on the back of that probably my biggest outlay for 1 day all year outside of Cheltenham.

Asterion Forlonge 25 points @11/10 (biggest outright win single in quite a while tbh)
                              Cyrname 5 points @ 11/4
                              The Big Breakaway 3 points @ 11/4
                              Darver Star 1 point @10/3
                              Floressa w/o Epatante 1 point @ 11/2
                              Top Bandit - 15.25 Leopardstown 1.5 points @7/2

Asterion Forlonge/ Cyrname 2.5 points double @7/1
                              Cyrname/ Delta Work (Savills) 2.5 ew points @ 17/1
                              Epatante/ Cyrname/ Altior (Desert Orchid)/Envoi Allen (Marsh) 4.5 points @12/1
                              Cyrname/Delta Work/The Big Breakaway/Asterion Forlonge 0.5 points @ 139/1
                              Cyrname/Clan Des Obeaux/Real Steel 0.1 point combi tricast

Comment

Working...
                              X