Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Welsh Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Grand National

Not too far away so perhaps worth its own thread.

For whatever reason plenty of blue on Oddschecker for Springfield Fox, so I’m getting that one onside at 22-1 (Hills boost) after putting it up for this years festival. Entered in a novice hurdle at Chepstow, avoiding the National Trial on the same card yet it’s clearly attracting interest.
    Last edited by Eggs; 3 December 2020, 10:17 AM.

Potters corner won a hurdle race on the same card last year in what was clearly only a blow before the big day, went off around 12s if I remember.

I managed to get 33s after that race, I’ll be keeping an eye on Chepstow on Saturday to try and do the same this year. I don’t think the meeting in Chepstow nor the WN market it’s top of the monitor list with the tingle creek meeting etc going on

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      Not too far away so perhaps worth its own thread.

For whatever reason plenty of blue on Oddschecker for Springfield Fox, so I’m getting that one onside at 22-1 (Hills boost) after putting it up for this years festival. Entered in a novice hurdle at Chepstow, avoiding the National Trial on the same card yet it’s clearly attracting interest.
      16s best price now so well done on the 22/1

Comment

Originally posted by Fatcatshat View Post
        I managed to get 33s after that race, I’ll be keeping an eye on Chepstow on Saturday to try and do the same this yearn
        Saturdays trial doesn’t look to have the class of previous years, I could be be wrong and something could make their mark but as it stands it looks to lack quality...

Comment

I’ve only glanced at the card but nothing really jumped off the page for me either. The Tizzard horse has been nibbled at in the market for the WN, and Captain Drake would have been worth another look but was terrible last time out a few weeks back at Cheltenham

Comment

Native River likely to skip this according to RP, in which case weights would go up 9lbs
            The owls are not what they seem

Comment

Went on Newtide for this at 20/1.

Nice enough comeback run, 7 going on 8 year old. Kim’s horses running really well this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

Nice enough comeback run, 7 going on 8 year old. Kim’s horses running really well this season.
                Scratching my head with him, trainer always reckoned he wants extreme tests but he does tend to weaken at such efforts to date. Kim did mention a wind op before his first race this season that hasn't happened, I wonder if at decs it will have materialised since that run.

Comment

I like lamanver pippin in this for the farmer..bolted home at chepstow back end of last year, then had a setback so probably wasnt right for the NHC, still managed 3rd. Could well be nearly bottom weight come the 27th dec.. Tizzard seems to get this race right, 2 winners in last 4years.Horse loves soft ground and a trip, right age..

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

Heads up, Kim has said in his blog he won't go as it's a year too early he feels etc. So cash out if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

Heads up, Kim has said in his blog he won't go as it's a year too early he feels etc. So cash out if you can.
                      Cheers for the heads up Outlaw

Managed to double check with someone as well and is true, not running.

Comment

It’s been raining all week in South Wales, if Chepstow does take place on Sunday it will be heavy going even if it’s declared soft. Chepstow has poor drainage especially down the bottom of the course so you need a horse with a light weight or assured stamina for the Welsh National

Comment

Chepstow Sunday 27 December 2020

Heavy **Precautionary Inpection Tomorrow morning 7.45am Due to the overnight heavy rain Forecast**

GoingStick:3.5 on 26-12-2020 at 07:30

Comment

No money down yet but I may play Truckers Lodge if it gets the go ahead.

Comment

Chepstow is abandoned, nspection failed due to false ground that cannot be passed..

Comment

Working...
                              X