Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Racing Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robith View Post
    With Blake having left FFP I can't see myself listening ever again. Kennedy is absolutely intolerable and has gotten worse and worse has he seems to believe he's the one everyone wants to hear from (the host should be relatively neutral to draw out insight from more informed guests) and his opinions are terrible. That argument on cocaine a few months ago between him and Blake - was excruciating to listen to him.

The shoehorning in of betfair prices non stop is just the icing on the cake
    Didn't know KB had left. Won't be bothering with it anymore then. Kennedy is incredibly annoying. Bang on about loving the sound of his own voice too. If its just going to descend into the BF/ PP benefit fund then I have zero interest in listening to it

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
      Didn't know KB had left. Won't be bothering with it anymore then. Kennedy is incredibly annoying. Bang on about loving the sound of his own voice too. If its just going to descend into the BF/ PP benefit fund then I have zero interest in listening to it
      Yeah he announced on twitter, literally on Jan 1 that he wasn't going to be doing it anymore

Comment

With Blake having left FFP I can't see myself listening ever again. Kennedy is absolutely intolerable and has gotten worse and worse has he seems to believe he's the one everyone wants to hear from (the host should be relatively neutral to draw out insight from more informed guests) and his opinions are terrible. That argument on cocaine a few months ago between him and Blake - was excruciating to listen to him.

Couldnt agree more. Kennedy clearly backs horses then justifies his selections by using the confirmation bias, if he goes unchecked it sounds like a lot the crap he spouts is fact!!! Cant bare it now. That said Rory and Jane Mangan are very good.

Comment

Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
          What did you make of the talk of Asterion Forlonge for the supreme? That one was very bizarre given Willie mentioned clear intentions to step up in trip. You’d have thought the Ballymore or even the Albert Bartlett could be up his street.

AF was one of many.

I thought the whole podcast was absolute rubbish. With a clear intention to name the wrong targets and cleverly word it in such a way that makes it seem very possible. With hinting towards people using the quoted bf sportsbpok price.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
            Added half a point EW on Vis Ta Loi for this at 40/1. 1 and a half lengths behind Fury Road last time but I think there’s improvement to come and he looks the type of horse who could run into the places here at least
            I liked this one. Have had him written down for some time but no move from myself yet. May just play the 'any race' to save any worry though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              AF was one of many.

I thought the whole podcast was absolute rubbish. With a clear intention to name the wrong targets and cleverly word it in such a way that makes it seem very possible. With hinting towards people using the quoted bf sportsbpok price.
              It’s shite

Comment

Nail on head

Comment

Would have to agree, bit of a shame as used to really look forward to it during the busier parts of the season. Kennedy and Vanessa Ryle a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Parachute Paddy View Post
                    Would have to agree, bit of a shame as used to really look forward to it during the busier parts of the season. Kennedy and Vanessa Ryle a nightmare.
                    They tell us nothing of note. So why broadcast unless your guests are good value?
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Just listened to the FFP out of interest after comments on here, does sound like they are trying to put punters away to me.

Comment

To think it's only like 6 months since they interviewed Matt Zarb-Cousins about gambling addiction

Comment

I find the lack of racing review podcasts disappointing. I'd much rather listen to one reviewing performances than one that is telling us their "tips" for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            I find the lack of racing review podcasts disappointing. I'd much rather listen to one reviewing performances than one that is telling us their "tips" for the weekend.
                            Yeah, I very much agree.

I'd prefer to listen to opinions on what we've seen than what people think will happen.

Let's start one

Comment

"New" one.... Still Betfair but looks like they've started a 'review' show, with Kevin Blake and Tony Calvin.

Listened today...

Nothing special, but KB and TC would have more clout in my mind than some of their competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                "New" one.... Still Betfair but looks like they've started a 'review' show, with Kevin Blake and Tony Calvin.

Listened today...

Nothing special, but KB and TC would have more clout in my mind than some of their competition?
                                I enjoyed it cos it was nothing special. Having two people who's opinions I'm interested in have a semi serious and down the line review conversation was an absolute breath of fresh air

Comment

Working...
                                X