Racing Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
    I remember listening to it back at the beginning and how good it was. They made a point they'd never turn out to be take out merchants....well that's changed, he's a bollix.
    Yeah some interesting pointers in the last year in hindsight. Blake left fairly abruptly (and is stone silent during Calvin's piece), Kennedy wasn't given the ATR peview hosting job (though in fairness Chapman was a disaster), woman who was on the pod in the early days claimed Kennedy replaced her without speaking to her while she was on mat leave. Feels like it's completely unravelled. In the last 6 months every time I've listened it's just Betfair reps talking about the exchange price in between Kennedy's soliloquys of bollocks

Comment

The really early podcasts were brilliant, probably 5+ years ago, when they had Noel Hayes on. It really was good craic and well worth a listen. A part from Rory Delargy, and the very occasional snippets from TK, it isn't worth listening to anymore, imo.

Betfair have a very good podcast now. Blake, Calvin and the lad that hosts it are really good. I've never been the biggest fan of TC but think he comes across really well.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
        Yeah some interesting pointers in the last year in hindsight. Blake left fairly abruptly (and is stone silent during Calvin's piece), Kennedy wasn't given the ATR peview hosting job (though in fairness Chapman was a disaster), woman who was on the pod in the early days claimed Kennedy replaced her without speaking to her while she was on mat leave. Feels like it's completely unravelled. In the last 6 months every time I've listened it's just Betfair reps talking about the exchange price in between Kennedy's soliloquys of bollocks
        Emmet Kennedy loves hearing his own voice, and why produce a podcast over 3 hours long, to allow for waffle all around anything interesting that is trying to be said. FFS.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          The really early podcasts were brilliant, probably 5+ years ago, when they had Noel Hayes on. It really was good craic and well worth a listen. A part from Rory Delargy, and the very occasional snippets from TK, it isn't worth listening to anymore, imo.

Betfair have a very good podcast now. Blake, Calvin and the lad that hosts it are really good. I've never been the biggest fan of TC but think he comes across really well.
          Noel Hayes was a bit before my time (in terms of listening to podcasts) but I did go back last summer and listen to the Cheltenham 2013 review shows that he was on (around the time of Our Conor)....

I did like the Weighed In podcasts but only got a few in before I changed job and no longer had a 90 minute car journey to fill a day so they've dropped off my radar.

Comment

https://twitter.com/icytentacles001/...50390520311808

Interesting how many people listened to the podcast in a day....

Speaking of take out merchants......does anyone follow Alan Rogers on twitter? not podcast related, but has a "telegram page"
            Last edited by jack1092; 15 October 2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Three final furlong podcast hit a new low today. It was awful.

Comment

Haha, oh do tell.... what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Haha, oh do tell.... what happened
                  2hrs 48 minutes of EK talking rubbish. That is the last time I'm listening. I used to listen for enjoyment but I was stressed out by the end.

If he mentioned Siri or coffee one more time....... That rubbish want funny 1st time, never mind 500th!

Comment

2hrs 48 minutes of EK talking rubbish. That is the last time I'm listening. I used to listen for enjoyment but I was stressed out by the end.

If he mentioned Siri or coffee one more time....... That rubbish want funny 1st time, never mind 500th!
                    I stopped not long after foxes glacier sweets I think - doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

....If only there was a new pod on the block.... soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I stopped not long after foxes glacier sweets I think - doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

....If only there was a new pod on the block.... soon?
                      It appears my buddy Cheltmental is doing a "Upping the Ante" rip off,the market is getting saturated all of a sudden

Comment

Upping the ante starts next week, I think

Comment

Upping the ante starts next week, I think
                          Haha is it! I did see that as a head line somewhere but then it was What A Shout?

Comment

Upping the Ante starts on Tuesday 10th November, all the way through to the Festival.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              Upping the Ante starts on Tuesday 10th November, all the way through to the Festival.
                              Oh good.

Prices slashed once a week then starts earlier this year

Comment

THREE HOURS.

Good lord.

How long can you talk about chronic pain/having an iphone/coffee/backing a horse for the wrong race randomly

Comment

Working...
                                X