Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Racing Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yeah that made me smile.

If we're mentioning annoying people though, the boy anhcoring that (that works for OLGB) is absolutely stealing a living.
    I take it you're not a fan Kev

I don't mind him tbh although the other lads could run rings round him with their racing knowledge. It is becoming one of my favourite podcasts and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread, so thanks Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I take it you're not a fan Kev

I don't mind him tbh although the other lads could run rings round him with their racing knowledge. It is becoming one of my favourite podcasts and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread, so thanks Kev
      I think that is what annoys me, he seems hugely out of his depth ... and instead of it sounding genuine about him wanting to learn about the game, it seems forced to sell books or attract listeners.

His voice annoys me, and his face. Just joking.... if I had to be completely honest though, the reason I probably dislike him is because he's about my age and doing what I want to be doing so I'm just jealous and bitter

I'm actually annoyed there isn't a podcast to listen to tonight.... going on a health kick because I've smashed 5 stone on since my wedding and now need to lose it.Kevloaf actually looks like Meatloaf right now!

Comment

IF anyone is in to US racing.... this probably would be heaven....

Equine Forum...

Comment

5 stone since your wedding.......that's good living mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            5 stone since your wedding.......that's good living mate!
            Yeah, I had planned it, so it isn't a surprise

Long hard grind to lose it now before 1st October... not complaining though.

Comment

For no useful reason, I starteed listening to the Final Furlong Review podcast for 2014!

So enjoyable (even though ultimately a waste of time).... only about 35 minutes in - Patrick Mullins was a 'guest' .... they we're talking about Vautour and Faugheen and Willie was adamant that Vautour is just different level to Faugheen - Patrick thought it was a lot closer than that, but both would go novice chasing.

They also touched on Rathvinden who prior to the festival looked like he needed shorter, but the jockey came in (Paul) and said he was flat out the whole way so despite what they originally thought they'll step him up in trip.

Also, I can't believe how huge a thing it was that Champange Fever was the "2015 Gold Cup winner" - Mullins has said prior to the Arkle that it was all a prep this season for next years Gold Cup and Noel Hayes, Kevin BLake, Emmett and Cathy all agreed, and Patrick Mullins was saying they think he'll stay and that's the definite plan - they are waxing lyrical about his jumping in the Arkle. Mullins also said that no bumper winner has won the bumper and gone on to win a Gold Cup and they want to put that right!

Really enjoying it!

Comment

Betfair have a new weekly racing podcast going:

Kevin Blake and Gary O'Brien. Would be the top 2 people I could come up with to have on a podcast I think.
                Once they get into the NH season i'll be very happy

Comment

Love a good podcast.
                  And like both those two also.
                  cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Betfair have a new weekly racing podcast going:

Kevin Blake and Gary O'Brien. Would be the top 2 people I could come up with to have on a podcast I think.
                    Once they get into the NH season i'll be very happy
                    Oh excellent.

I wonder if that'll have any impact on his Final Furlong Podcasts.

I still listen to them (had a tweet or two from Vanessa Ryle last week haha)... but only out of habit and entertainment rather than gaining any insight at all.

Same with them all now though to be fair, only Paul Kealy that I like on the RP ones too.

Comment

What podcast was that cash?

Comment

Imo the FFP is dead. It's now a BF/ PP benefit fund.

They were clearly putting up ones for the wrong races. For obvious reasons.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Have to agreed scooby being sponsored by a bookies is never good! shouting about envoi Allen for the supreme etc and Andy D the second coming they need to be taken with a pinch of salt I still tune in but enjoying the road to Cheltenham with Ruby’s analysis a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

What did you make of the talk of Asterion Forlonge for the supreme? That one was very bizarre given Willie mentioned clear intentions to step up in trip. You’d have thought the Ballymore or even the Albert Bartlett could be up his street.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

It's funny how far the FFP has come. In their early days they were very anti-bookies. Now they're in bed with them. They've fallen down the slipper slope. Obviously for commercial purposes but the product has suffered considerably. Turned it on because DMs was on but that's about it. Even then i have to cringe at Emmett constantly.

Comment

With Blake having left FFP I can't see myself listening ever again. Kennedy is absolutely intolerable and has gotten worse and worse has he seems to believe he's the one everyone wants to hear from (the host should be relatively neutral to draw out insight from more informed guests) and his opinions are terrible. That argument on cocaine a few months ago between him and Blake - was excruciating to listen to him.

The shoehorning in of betfair prices non stop is just the icing on the cake

Comment

Working...
                                X