Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Royal Ascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thorne365
    replied
    went 3 days - 2 in royal enclosure and other was in owners area. Have to say it was a far better exp than chelt and even beats arc day in paris. Racing + on course exp were great but the added craic pre and post just lifts it up several notches.

Completely disagree about knowledge of racing, but that is probably dependent on who you go with [same as chelt really]

Leave a comment:

• Istabraq
    replied
    Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Yes , I understand what your saying . Never been myself , Not sure i want to jump through all those hoops .
    Dress code etc., not to mention the cost . especially sharing that experience with thousands of people who realistically
    are not even racing fans. Only thing i heard on i.t.v was that they restricted the numbers to give people a" better Experience ".
    Maybe Cheltenham could learn from that ??.
    A few friends of mine went at various stages last week and they all said there were no issues whatsoever with getting drinks, food, toilet facilities etc so it looks like the experience for racegoers was improved for the
    restrictions.
    Sadly I think Cheltenham will use that as justification for going to 5 days and do something similar with attendances, and whilst I’m not a fan of a 5 day festival if they were to cap attendance at 50,000 and that meant facilities were easily accessible I’d be less against it…

Leave a comment:

• BigChaang
    replied
    Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

No Sir, not a fan if I’m honest, I went once years ago and 90% of the people there never watched a watch or saw a horse, each to their own…
    Yes , I understand what your saying . Never been myself , Not sure i want to jump through all those hoops .
    Dress code etc., not to mention the cost . especially sharing that experience with thousands of people who realistically
    are not even racing fans. Only thing i heard on i.t.v was that they restricted the numbers to give people a" better Experience ".
    Maybe Cheltenham could learn from that ??.

Leave a comment:

• Istabraq
    replied
    Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Have You been at Ascot at all this week Istabraq ?? .
    No Sir, not a fan if I’m honest, I went once years ago and 90% of the people there never watched a watch or saw a horse, each to their own…

Leave a comment:

• isitmarchyet
    replied
    Always get a strange enjoyment out of it when the jumps trainers win at the big flat meetings

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Hopefully marquand and Falcon Eight can end the week for me with a winner

Would be a good week for polished gem

The dam of full brothers kyprios and Falcon eight

Leave a comment:

• BigChaang
    replied
    Talk about Threading the eye of the Needle ... !! . .

Leave a comment:

• Zachx02
    replied
    Sublime that from Ryan Moore on Rohaan, world class

Leave a comment:

• That Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
    As predicted aussie horse struggled over 6f

Gutted creative force came second been on him for months

Got squeezed for room at a vital stage

Wouldn’t have picked the winner if you’d given me 15 selections
    I was on Sacred so I am equally as guilty of overlooking the winner but he ran a good race in the jersey last year and has reversed form with Creative Force. My memory is failing me about the draw bias last year so maybe Naval Crown got the luck this time that he didn't get then.

Just seeing the replay on ATR and they're talking about the ride Jamie Spencer gave Artorius - FFS as if that's a surprise to anyone with half a brain. That guy loves the minor honours

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    As predicted aussie horse struggled over 6f

Gutted creative force came second been on him for months

Got squeezed for room at a vital stage

Wouldn’t have picked the winner if you’d given me 15 selections

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Originally posted by robith View Post

So he hasn't calmed down, but tough as nails!
    He has calmed down a bit tbf

He was borderline unraceable before

Leave a comment:

• robith
    replied

Nap landed
    So he hasn't calmed down, but tough as nails!

Leave a comment:

• BigChaang
    replied

Nap landed
    Well Done Final Furlong ..

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Jersey
    Noble truth 4/1 NAP

I think he is an extremely talented horse who has been far too keen and running his races the wrong way round. they are reporting the gelding operation has calmed him down I think he takes an awful lot of beating.

Despite behaving like a lunatic as a 2yo (and on reappearance this year and won anyway) he finished 2nd in the lagadere

He beat derby 2nd hoo yah mal

Didn't get beat far by lusail on debut

And beat ehraz

so if he has now calmed down and starts racing properly his rating of 112 will only go up and he wins this

Also really like Falcon Eight in the 18:10 if trueshan doesnt run
    Nap landed

Leave a comment:

• BigChaang
    replied
    Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post
    100/1 winner on debut, blimey.
    Just told my Mate , i did a Danny Tudhope l15 for today , and only used 3 of his as Holloway boy was 100-1 and I thought he had no chance...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X