Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sublime that from Ryan Moore on Rohaan, world class

Comment

• Talk about Threading the eye of the Needle ... !! . .

Comment

• Hopefully marquand and Falcon Eight can end the week for me with a winner

Would be a good week for polished gem

The dam of full brothers kyprios and Falcon eight

Comment

• Always get a strange enjoyment out of it when the jumps trainers win at the big flat meetings

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Have You been at Ascot at all this week Istabraq ?? .
            No Sir, not a fan if I’m honest, I went once years ago and 90% of the people there never watched a watch or saw a horse, each to their own…

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

No Sir, not a fan if I’m honest, I went once years ago and 90% of the people there never watched a watch or saw a horse, each to their own…
              Yes , I understand what your saying . Never been myself , Not sure i want to jump through all those hoops .
              Dress code etc., not to mention the cost . especially sharing that experience with thousands of people who realistically
              are not even racing fans. Only thing i heard on i.t.v was that they restricted the numbers to give people a" better Experience ".
              Maybe Cheltenham could learn from that ??.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Yes , I understand what your saying . Never been myself , Not sure i want to jump through all those hoops .
                Dress code etc., not to mention the cost . especially sharing that experience with thousands of people who realistically
                are not even racing fans. Only thing i heard on i.t.v was that they restricted the numbers to give people a" better Experience ".
                Maybe Cheltenham could learn from that ??.
                A few friends of mine went at various stages last week and they all said there were no issues whatsoever with getting drinks, food, toilet facilities etc so it looks like the experience for racegoers was improved for the
                restrictions.
                Sadly I think Cheltenham will use that as justification for going to 5 days and do something similar with attendances, and whilst I’m not a fan of a 5 day festival if they were to cap attendance at 50,000 and that meant facilities were easily accessible I’d be less against it…

Comment

• went 3 days - 2 in royal enclosure and other was in owners area. Have to say it was a far better exp than chelt and even beats arc day in paris. Racing + on course exp were great but the added craic pre and post just lifts it up several notches.

Completely disagree about knowledge of racing, but that is probably dependent on who you go with [same as chelt really]

Comment

Working...
                  X