Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
    Haha it adds a little more thrill to the experience
    You find backing the best horse in the race and it flying home from an impossible position to finish second thrilling?

Comment

It was slightly tongue in cheek

Comment

Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post

Keep me far far away from any horse with Jamie Spencer on it
        Not sure anyone rides the Ascot straight course better. Where I can, I'll be looking to side with Spencer and Benoit in the handicaps.

Comment

Boosala in the Hunt Cup, let me down for a good few quid at Chester flying late and losing by a nose or so, extra furlong here will suit and hopefully gets a nice draw.

Comment

Weld says Homeless Songs won't run at Ascot if ground too fast.

Comment

Not sure why Spencer gets so much hate to be honest. For certain horses he's right in the top bracket imo. He certainly wouldn't put me off backing one I fancied.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post
                Not sure why Spencer gets so much hate to be honest. For certain horses he's right in the top bracket imo. He certainly wouldn't put me off backing one I fancied.
                I haven't backed anything with Jamie Spencer on board since royal ascot 2015 after his ride on the grey gatsby.

Comment

Watering in progress at Ascot. 5mm on Round course overnight and 10mm on Straight course this morning.

Comment

Scope won't run if there's 'firm' in the description according to owner in RP. Great start for the antepost book

Comment

Scope won't run if there's 'firm' in the description according to owner in RP. Great start for the antepost book
                      My only antepost bet on ascot as well !

Comment

Other than coroebus in the guineas I'm having a nightmare antepost on the flat this season

Scope would be just another non runner to add to the collection

Comment

Hopefully they'll water sufficiently to allow the top horses to take their chances. If not, the fields will be small and the quality will take a big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                            Other than coroebus in the guineas I'm having a nightmare antepost on the flat this season

Scope would be just another non runner to add to the collection
                            At this rate Stradavarius will have a walkover in the Gold Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              Watering in progress at Ascot. 5mm on Round course overnight and 10mm on Straight course this morning.
                              Worth remembering that this is fairly standard for all courses at this time of year, when the temperature is consistently 20 degrees plus, the sun is shining and there’s a good breeze, ground dries and quickens considerably, applying 5/10mm will maintain current ground and without it the ground could go too quick.
                              Whether we agree with the policy I don’t have a view but it’s what all courses do…

Comment

Shame I’m restricted as I like the 9/2 special double Sky have for Bay Bridge & Alfred Munnings.

Comment

Working...
                                X