Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really taken by Love Reigns for the Queen Mary, albeit she is rather short her win at Keeneland looked magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
      I'm really taken by Love Reigns for the Queen Mary, albeit she is rather short her win at Keeneland looked magnificent
      Always easy to get carried away with those American fillies seeing as they’re so big compared to our 2 year olds but she actually just looked blisteringly fast. I saw somewhere on the figures she’s the best 2 year old to have ever ran at the track, and easily so apparently. I like her.

For me the absolute NAP of the week is Persian Force for the Coventry at 4/1. I think he’s very very good. I can’t believe he’s not fav. Yes Noble Style looked good at Ascot but both of Persian Forces runs in my opini9n should have him as favourite. I reckon he’s a 2/1 poke.

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post

The Aussie sprinters will push Wes Ward’s all the way, they are top class… Nature Strip v Golden Pal is one to savour with two of the best world jocks squaring up. I like the Coolmore double myself - Golden Pal & Home Affairs… both could do with a Royal Ascot G1 on their breeding CVs
        Like my Australian racing when it’s the big meetings and that Nature Strip is a proper proper tool. Him and Golden Pal will be taking each other on from the first 2 yards. Be some race to watch because they’re going to be going stupidly fast. I’ll be requesting the track record to be broken there in all honesty. A bet that I nearly had land with Lady Aurelia a few years ago but Velasquez eased her down before the line and it missed out by 0.07 of a second.

Comment

Be careful re track records being broken this year MOM. Ascot have had fully 25mm of rain in the last 7 days so there may well be a fair bit of moisture left in the ground despite the favourable warm weather outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Be careful re track records being broken this year MOM. Ascot have had fully 25mm of rain in the last 7 days so there may well be a fair bit of moisture left in the ground despite the favourable warm weather outlook.
            It's good ground all over atm

Unless they turn the sprinklers on it'll be gd to firm in places by next tuesday with the temp being close to 20 degrees every day between now and then

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

It's good ground all over atm

Unless they turn the sprinklers on it'll be gd to firm in places by next tuesday with the temp being close to 20 degrees every day between now and then
              Yep. They'll start watering soon to aim for Good, G/F in places at worst. Some showers about on Wednesday but that's it. Great for those attending.

Just checked Going Stick readings. Straight course is 7.9 so on the fast side of Good. Round course is 6.7 so on the slow side of Good.
              Last edited by Lobos; 9 June 2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

lll
                Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Yep. They'll start watering soon to aim for Good, G/F in places at worst. Some showers about on Wednesday but that's it. Great for those attending.

Just checked Going Stick readings. Straight course is 7.9 so on the fast side of Good. Round course is 6.7 so on the slow side of Good.
                I’d be staggered if they started watering… think you’ve got your Trueshan tinted goggles on Lobos

Comment

lll

I’d be staggered if they started watering… think you’ve got your Trueshan tinted goggles on Lobos
                  They'll definitely water in view of the forecast and with the risk of the top horses pulling out should it get on the Firm side.

Comment

lll

Those tinted goggles do work.......

"Clerk of the course Chris Stickels has described the ground at Ascot as good ahead of next week’s royal meeting with watering likely before the prestigious fixture gets underway."

Comment

I feel sorry for anyone who owns a horse bred for quick ground

They never get the chance to show their best

It seems the authorities haven't learnt from the spate of abandoned meetings due to slippery bends caused by unnecessary overwatering

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                        I feel sorry for anyone who owns a horse bred for quick ground

They never get the chance to show their best

It seems the authorities haven't learnt from the spate of abandoned meetings due to slippery bends caused by unnecessary overwatering
                        Couldn’t agree more FF but the clerk did go on to say that it will be good to firm tomorrow and that they may take the opportunity to water over the weekend… still be on the fast side next week imo, with any water put on to maintain that

Comment

Couldn’t agree more FF but the clerk did go on to say that it will be good to firm tomorrow and that they may take the opportunity to water over the weekend… still be on the fast side next week imo, with any water put on to maintain that
                          I know what FF means though. Any amount put on will inconvenience the real Fast ground lovers. The days when we used to see the words 'Hard' in the going are long gone.

Comment

Pied Piper entered on Tuesday with Spencer on could be a match made in heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
                              Pied Piper entered on Tuesday with Spencer on could be a match made in heaven
                              Keep me far far away from any horse with Jamie Spencer on it

Comment

Haha it adds a little more thrill to the experience

Comment

Working...
                                X