Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Who will train the most Group 1 winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will train the most Group 1 winners

Which of the O'Brien clan will have the most Grade 1/Group 1 winners by the end of their training careers?

Aidan - has changed the game, raised the bar, set the bar, morphed into the bar.

Joseph - Melbourne Cup, Cheltenham Festival, Breeders Cup, Classics? He's only just 27 and the heir to the throne.

Donnacha - Is now the youngest Group 1 winning trainer in history. At 22 years old, younger than his brother .... is that an omen?
    Aidan O'Brien
    50.00%
    Joseph O'Brien
    37.50%
    Donnacha O'Brien
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Kevloaf; 5 August 2020, 08:28 PM.

Coolmore may lose their stranglehold on the game when Galileo stops doing his thing.... but I've voted for Joseph O'Brien cos he's just the greatest man in the world

Comment

Went with Aiden, just relentless! Still has a good few years to go as well.

Like Joseph a lot, will definitely win a hell of a lot over his career.

Comment

Bit of a long running question maybe ?
        Can we have another one running alongside it with regards who thinks they'll be alive when we know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
          Can we have another one running alongside it with regards who thinks they'll be alive when we know the answer.
          Not me, but I have gone for Donnacha, I am probably biased as he was the jockey on my avatar Saxon Warrior, in his two key races for me.

* The horses jawdropping finishing kick on debut.
          * The fantastic ride on him to control and win the 2000 Guineas (whilst Ryan Moore was off losing in the USA).

He was an intelligent and top jockey and Paul Smith (son of Ballydoyle racehorses owner Derrick Smith) has already effusively hailed him as a genius after training Fancy Blue to a classic win.
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
            Haha, absolutely... it isn't the answer that matters - just a good starting point to discuss what I would describe as phenomenal achievements from all 3, who are related!

Comment

I think Aidan has set the bar at an unbelievable level for his boys. He’s been part of a golden era for his owners. I think in the future if the best of coolmore’s horses have to be split between the three of them or the two brothers, then Aidan will be impossible to catch

Comment

Up the Joseph!
                A second Melbourne Cup win - at 27 - that is ridiculous.

He will be the GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                X