Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Travers Stakes (August)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful win for TLW.

It makes me happy that we race mostly on grass, watching those slop around in the dirt.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I have to admit after posting the UC 4/5 I was too bevvied and stuck with Tiz!

Won it easy!

C’mon Champ

Comment

Thanks SC. A really good spot at the price when you put it up. I’ve got some nice roll-ups I needed onside off the back of it.

I’ve just watched it, and he was mightily impressive. He’ll never be priced up odds against again. 6/4 was an absolute steal.
        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
          Wonderful win for TLW.

It makes me happy that we race mostly on grass, watching those slop around in the dirt.
          Haha, it does look a bit odd doesn't it. I don't feel like they look like they're going fast either.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
            I have to admit after posting the UC 4/5 I was too bevvied and stuck with Tiz!

Won it easy!

C’mon Champ
            Haha what a filthy after time.

I lost 2.5 points on it ... but content with the 5 points now live on Cheltenham.

.... and for my filthy after time, I put 30 points of Gamine at 1/3

Comment

Kudos to gjt for initially highlighting the price. Very nice winner and gets plenty of Cheltenham horses in the book.

Gamine still looks slightly overpriced for the Oaks with 888Sport at 11/10, when she’s best price 4/6 elsewhere. May attempt some Cheltenham roll ups. Baffert mentions her here: https://twitter.com/tvg/status/1292274629914943489?s=21

Comment

I'll take the credit for an early mention of Gamine

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Haha what a filthy after time.

I lost 2.5 points on it ... but content with the 5 points now live on Cheltenham.

.... and for my filthy after time, I put 30 points of Gamine at 1/3
                  I know I apologise mate when I put the paddy p price up was already sunk into a few beers!

UC got shorter so I didn’t bother

Champ was my only roll up with a free bet...scouts honour

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Haha, it does look a bit odd doesn't it. I don't feel like they look like they're going fast either.
                    Dirt racing is awful (and so slow) to watch, most of the jockeys and horses are covered in the stuff by the end of each race.

I think if I lived in the USA and only followed their own sports, I wouldnt watch racing at all, outside the Triple Crown/Breeders Cup.

I'd probably be backing NFL games, and leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                      Dirt racing is awful (and so slow) to watch, most of the jockeys and horses are covered in the stuff by the end of each race.

I think if I lived in the USA and only followed their own sports, I wouldnt watch racing at all, outside the Triple Crown/Breeders Cup.

I'd probably be backing NFL games, and leave it at that.
                      Caught the replay, thought there was a glitch on my screen cos Tiz was the only one not covered in shite

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                        I'll take the credit for an early mention of Gamine
                        http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...-please/page18

Yeah, superb - I'll have the mug Tiz The Law / Gamine double on Breeders Cup night no doubt

Comment

I already took the 6/1 on Tiz for the BC Classic, but thats after tries two Triple Crown races first!

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                            Kudos to gjt for initially highlighting the price. Very nice winner and gets plenty of Cheltenham horses in the book.

Gamine still looks slightly overpriced for the Oaks with 888Sport at 11/10, when she’s best price 4/6 elsewhere. May attempt some Cheltenham roll ups. Baffert mentions her here: https://twitter.com/tvg/status/1292274629914943489?s=21
                            Cheers Salubrious, I couldn’t believe the price at the time, as I originally said I had it as a 1/2 shot, have to say all the noise about uncle chuck stopped me from going all in but still it was a tidy nights work, had the double with Gamime, also had the pair of them rolling onto earthlight the next day which was disappointing but it was only the cherry missing of the bucket of cream, got on the gamine / Tiz the law double for breeders cup before they won, both 6/1, now 7/2 and 3/1.... fingers crossed for deja vu

Comment

Working...
                            X