Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Flat Racing Tips

A thread dedicated to daily racing tips on the flat.

4th June.

3.55 Newcastle
    Troubador EW @ 10/1 (coral)

Reasoning below @
    Scooby91horseracingtips is a website dedicated to educating punters, and giving them the tools necessary to potentially bring their betting accounts from the Negative into the positive in a respons…
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Lol Scooby we have gone for different ones here, GL pal. Looking forward to the blog.

Malotru is favourite and is a promising sort, but certainly worth taking on here. Botti has had 7 runners and no winners so far, but the ones at single figure prices haven’t run badly to be fair. I am just a little surprised at his price given what he has done so far. He won well last time, but it’s hard to be sure how good the 2nd is.

A’Ali is very speedy and brings marginally the best form. Whether 6furlongs on a street track that needs staying is what he wants i wouldn’t be sure?

The 3rd favourite Ventura Rebel to me is the likeliest winner of the race as i think 6fs will suit him. Richard Fahey has a fantastic level stakes profit at Newcastle with his 3yos (+£30.53) and a 16% strike rate from 182 runners. He should’ve really won last time when beaten at 5/4 but before then he had strong form anyway. A nk beaten by A’Ali at Royal Ascot when running on at the finish. Fahey has said this isn’t the be all and end all for him, but i’d certainly have him shorter in the market. Still 5s available, he’s a sea of blue, and i’ve bet him slightly higher. I’d still probably back him at the price.

Troubador is a typical dodds type that again, could surprise a few here, but at the price i wouldn’t be a backer.

Next in is Dream Shot, he was actually the first one that caught my eye in the race, and is also ranked in my view as a bet. I’ve taken 12s but 11s is still there. He also has some decent form only beat a length by A’Ali. He shaped very well then to me, and over 6f i think would’ve given him more to think about. Again, 2nd at Dundalk he really powered home to finish a close 2nd. He didn’t run so well at Goodwood earlier in the season, but he lost a shoe, wasn’t ideally placed and didn’t probably get daylight at a crucial stage. Over 6fs i do think he’s a big price and should be shorter. Tate thinks he’s improved over the Winter and is ready for this, however, he points out he has a quirk which isn’t ideal lol. Tate and P J McDonald have a handy record with their 3yos.

Dubai Station is worth a mention and Burke thinks he could’ve fixed a few problems. If so, he could be overs also. For all, i wouldn’t surprised if he needed the run.

The remainder to me, have it to find.

I’ve backed Ventura Rebel and Dream Shot here both to win.

Comment

5th June Newmarket 3.00

Momkin 12/1

Scooby91horseracingtips is a website dedicated to educating punters, and giving them the tools necessary to potentially bring their betting accounts from the Negative into the positive in a respons…

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          Lol Scooby we have gone for different ones here, GL pal. Looking forward to the blog.
          I’ve backed Ventura Rebel and Dream Shot here both to win.[/I]
          Thanks. Yes wasn't to be today. 1-2 at the front end yesterday and 1-2 in the rear today.
          Glasvegas just isn't as good as I want him to be, will be interesting to see if the can get him back in form as he finished alongside dubai station at redcar. But as you said it now seems likely that dubai station wasn't right that day and quite possibly glasvegas ran to form.

Comment

6th June shades of blue 1.50 Newmarket

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              5th June Newmarket 3.00

Momkin 12/1

https://scooby91horseracingtips.word.../example-post/
              Looks a good race this one.

The favourite looked very good the last time, and if it wasn't for the price I'd have backed it.
              I backed Mythical Magic @ 10-1 B365 & Century Dream 14-1 B365.

Looks a very competitive race aside from the favourite who could be Group class, and not sure why I backed those two other than of the horses within 5lbs or so of the favourite - the prices looked stand out, early doors.
              Probably the right prices now they've been backed a bit.

Comment

1-50 Newmarket

11 runners and Paddypower paying five places.
                With a likely decent pace, it should mean Open Wide should get placed at least. Unless Ryan is in one of his can't be arsed moods.
                Perrett has had 4 runners since the resumption and two were just touched off, so albeit a small sample, at least they've not all tailed off last, which she can do sometimes.

8-1 1pt ew. (would have been more but PP not playing)

Comment

James Tate has been very positive on FAR ABOVE describing him as the fastest he’s ever trained in a recent interview. He’s pitched in against some very fast and experienced horses Saturday but they are handicappers at the end of the day so he could have too much for these. Been well supported opening at 10/1 and now best 13/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                    James Tate has been very positive on FAR ABOVE describing him as the fastest he’s ever trained in a recent interview. He’s pitched in against some very fast and experienced horses Saturday but they are handicappers at the end of the day so he could have too much for these. Been well supported opening at 10/1 and now best 13/2.
                    Thanks for flagging PIK, remember jumping on a gamble for this on it’s maiden win last year... money still rolling in for it!

Comment

Not so much a tip, as rarely get involved in the flat racing, but I am more partial to a bet on one at a price when SkyBet do their refund offers for finishing 2nd, sometimes 3rd too, so Newmarket 1.50 I've chucked some pennies at Gulliver at 18/1.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        SkyBet do their refund offers for finishing 2nd, sometimes 3rd too
                        Always was 3 places if more more than 7 runners, 4 places if 16 or more and 2 places if 7 or less.
                        The fact they've dropped the third place in an 11 runner race is probably a sign of things to come, recent lost revenue/profit will probably see a reduction in offers and that's before any long term impact of the in shop machine stake reduction is known.
                        Could well be that the best is behind us...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Always was 3 places if more more than 7 runners, 4 places if 16 or more and 2 places if 7 or less.
                          The fact they've dropped the third place in an 11 runner race is probably a sign of things to come, recent lost revenue/profit will probably see a reduction in offers and that's before any long term impact of the in shop machine stake reduction is known.
                          Could well be that the best is behind us...
                          Yeah I agree Ista, for exactly the reasons you have stated.

I'll just play what I can get

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                            Thanks for flagging PIK, remember jumping on a gamble for this on it’s maiden win last year... money still rolling in for it!
                            Just letting you know he’s 40/1 on 365 for kings stand with the cashout option if interested.

Comment

I can't get away from a little tickle on Anthony Van Dyke today.

The Derby winner is 8/1 in a 7 runner field. Of which:

Alounak wasn't prolific in Germany so I am not worried about him today. The other 50/1 shot is Desert Encounter who is only 0.5L better than Alounak when they met and I don't think even his best form gives him the right to win here.

Broome may well be a pace maker? Wasn't far behind AVD in The Derby and was staying on well. Have considered him at 14/1 too.

Stradivarius is surely not going to put his best hoofs forwards today, with a crack at the Gold Cup in a couple of weeks in mind? Others may say it's a trip short of his best today but that isn't a major issue for me, I think this trip is fine... but I just think hthey won't go all out to win this today given the proximity of Ascot.

Defoe won this last year and is clearly respected on that but he beat Kew Gardens who I think needs further and coming up against a Derby Winner compared to a St Leger winner is a tougher task.

Ghaiyyath as fav is just not something I can get behind. I personally think he's grossly over rated. A win today will force me to change my mind and while he's clearly in with a good chance as the market suggests, I am surprised at the price and the confidence in him to deliver. He's the RP Nap for example. Don't quite get it myself.

Not a race I'll go nuts in, just a 1 pt win on Anthony Van Dyke in the hope he bounces back to his best (which is by no means a given) to beat his stable mate, two rank outsiders, a horse having a prep for Ascot, last years winner in a hotter race and a hype horse.

Easy

Comment

Working...
                              X