Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my biggest horse bet since Cheltenham today.. Bellarina Lady at 17/2 each way (4 places) in the 1:40 at York.

I just can’t get my head around the price with no rain expected. If it rained, she would be pulled out but the forecast suggests it’ll be dry and the good ground at York as of right now would be firm enough for her to run.

A little look at the form.. she was green as grass on her debut when second at Newmarket (if you watch the race, you’ll see she wandered around and didn’t know what to do). She finished well that day to finish second despite the greenness. From that debut run:
    - The winner has come out and won again since.
    - Our filly here was 2nd and then beat the boys at Leicester.
    - The 3rd that day has run a good 2nd next time
    - The 4th then came 2nd herself behind another in this
    - The 5th was then 4th at Bath
    - The 6th has not run since
    - The 7th bolted up by 5 lengths next time and then came 2nd last week in a class 2.
    - The 8th won comfortably at Windsor next time
    - The 9th won comfortably next time at Goodwood and is the second fav in this race (Canonised)
    - The 10th, 11th and 12th have not run again since that day.

So then our filly after that great run in debut at Newmarket, goes over to Leicester to take on the boys. She’s again green and changes her lead leg 4 times in the final half mile before really getting the hang of it late on and wins by 2 and 1/4 lengths. Whilst on this occasion the form is questionable, she couldn’t have beaten them much easier.

Comment

• Anything for today’s racing?

Comment

• Originally posted by TK97 View Post
        Anything for today’s racing?
        I've backed a couple at short prices - Tactical and Al Aasy.

Wordsworth runs at Navan later. I backed him for the St Leger a while ago so I'm interested to see how he goes today.

Comment

• Not a flat man but watched that Al Assy win. How brilliant was he ! Imperious victory. Coronation Cup next.

Comment

• Palace Pier (good as he is) seems very short for the Lockinge

Lope Y Fernandez and Safe Voyage seem the best chances to upset the applecart

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermaster View Post
              Palace Pier (good as he is) seems very short for the Lockinge

Lope Y Fernandez and Safe Voyage seem the best chances to upset the applecart

....the 66-1 with Sky for Palace Pier to win Lockinge/Queen Anne & Stradivarius Ascot/Goodwood Gold Cups is looking a possibility after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                Not a flat man but watched that Al Assy win. How brilliant was he ! Imperious victory. Coronation Cup next.
                Logician isn't what he was but that was some performance

Turned inside out from 3 to 4

Comment

• "Looks like we have another Monday afternoon set of gambles on our hands tomorrow. Tomily (1.35 Carlisle, 16-1 into 7-2), Jump The Gun (2.45 Carlisle, 9-1 into 5-2) and Flood Defence (5.00 Carlisle, 7-1 into 5-2) all smashed up for trainer Iain Jardine."

Comment

• Lots of good racing today and really glad the Curragh is on. Bets I've placed today. Good luck everyone!
                    Meeting Time Horse
                    York 15.50 Count D'Orsay
                    York 15.50 Pendleton
                    Curragh 16.25 Create Belief
                    Curragh 17.00 Midnight Fire
                    Haydock 13.55 Sunset Breeze
                    Haydock 14.25 Green Book

Comment

• True Self was a good e/w price today as was Top Beak!

Comment

• The eye is drawn to Sunstrike in the 1.30 at Wolverhampton today but I’m going to take a chance on White Jasmine, she’s also an expensive yearling. A full sister to two very good horses Khaadem and log out island. Log out island was a winner on debut and Khaadem was unfortunate enough to bump into the excellent Calyx and another previous winner. Boughey got some sharp two year olds and I think this one may have been overlooked.
                        11/2

Comment

• 2 at haydock tomorrow
                          Achilles stakes
                          Kings lynn 6/1
                          John of gaunt stakes
                          Safe voyage 4/1

Comment

• Epsom bets for today:

3.35 - Strait Of Hormuz
                            4.30 - Teona / Snowfall
                            5.40 - Count Otto

Santa Barbara could easily justify her hype but I just didn't like the way she finished in the Guineas. Instead, I'm going for Snowfall. The yard have always thought highly of Snowfall and I was impressed with the Musidora win. Yes, she dictated the pace but I just loved the way she settled, travelled, quickened and hit the line hard. She's already got plenty of experience and I think the faster ground and up in distance will also suit her. I also have to have Teona now that she has drifted to 8s this morning. I think Varian thinks she is the best he has(at least ahead of Zeyaadah) and I'm hoping the first time hood will help her settle.
                            Best bet of the day for me is Count Otto. He loves Epsom and I think there will be far too much pace in the race with so many front and prominant runners that I'm hoping will cut their own throats for Count Otto to swoop home late. Jim Crowley also has a record of 21 on him.

Comment

• Nothing too original for me today.

2pt Irish Admiral 13/8
                              2pt ew Snowfall 6/1, 4 places
                              1pt ew double Blue Cup 7/2 (4p), Snowfall 6/1 (5p)
                              ​​​​​​​1pt double: Irish Admiral 6/4, Snowfall 6/1

Comment

• Dusky Prince/Raging/Oscula in the Woodcote

Comment

Working...
                                X