Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ascot champions day 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascot champions day 2021

Champion sprint
    Creative force 8/1

QE2
    Alcohol free 10/1

Champion stakes
    Mac Swiney 25/1

Fillies and mares
    Wonderful tonight 6/1

Creative force is a great shout, never had a clear run at July cup and hopefully more room to manoeuvre back at Ascot.

Mac Swiney is getting to be a bit of a cliff horse for me, are you thinking he'll get his ground again or is it something else that's made him worth another go for you?

Comment

Originally posted by That Horse View Post
      Creative force is a great shout, never had a clear run at July cup and hopefully more room to manoeuvre back at Ascot.

Mac Swiney is getting to be a bit of a cliff horse for me, are you thinking he'll get his ground again or is it something else that's made him worth another go for you?
      All 4 bets have been placed in the hope that its soft ground by mid October

If it is soft wonderful tonight, mac swiney and alcohol free will love the ground. The softer the better in fact.

Mac Swiney and wonderful tonight are both a stone better horse on soft ground.

And baeed/palace pier become possible non runners on very soft so 10s alcohol free then becomes good value if one doesn't run

Starman won't run on soft which makes creative forces job easier and over 6f at the top level I think he needs a stiff track and soft ground to make it a stamina test

Snowfall and tarnawa are currently 1st and 2nd fav for the fillies and mares and both must be pretty unlikely runners. Wonderful tonight is much the best of the rest on soft ground and won the race last year so will surely run.
      Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 29 August 2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Hills have pushed creative force out to 12s after today

Thats a solid price, thought he ran well today on a flat track on rattling fast ground

He simply doesn't have the speed to win in those conditions

A bit of soft ground and a stiff track should see him to better effect over 6f id think

Comment

The weather forecast between now and champions day looks pretty clear for ascot

We might actually get decent ground for once

Tempted to back starman at 6s

Comment

Big Move today with paddy power and betfair clipping Baaeed from 9/4 into 13/08 for the QEII. Any news to back this up??

Comment

Starman will miss the Qipco British Champions Sprint Stakes and has been retired to stud

Comment

FinalFurlong91 , i agree with Alcohol Free. Been looking at her this evening. On a line through Poetic Flare she doesn't have tonnes to find with Palace Pier.

Baaeed similarly looks a rocket, but his win vs Order of Aus isn't that great getting 4. I don't think on a line through him she's 10/1 vs the other two.

Also, how often do we see big "showdowns" plagued with them underperforming? Feels like it happens too often.

This is the flat version of Monkfish vs Envoi....and the mare (filly) wins!

The Revenant a stinking price on anything but a bog.

I'd be tempted with Search for a Song in the LDC if she's dec'd. Weld has option for France, probably easier, but likely to be worse ground. Issue is will they even leave Trueshan in here if there's little or no rain. Might miss the price on her.

I'd also be tempted with Kinross, but i don't know if he's running- presume he is.

Last edited by jack1092; 11 October 2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Yes id be similarly dubious about the strength of baaeeds form

that moulin was very weak

For me palace pier should be clear fav and baaeed 3/1

Il be tempted to place lay him on the day if its long odds on, i suspect he will either win or bomb out

Really alcohol free has miles better form than baaeed its just a question of whether she's had too many races this season, if not I fully expect her to outrun her odds
                  Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 12 October 2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Manobo for Long Distance cup if he runs

Comment

Bet 365 have just pushed manobo out to 16/1 for the LD Cup..... I see Buick is jocked up so looks like he runs and after quick look on twitter, no obvious reason for the crazy 'drfit' or NR news... Have just taken it with cash out as it was too tempting with the rest of the market mostly 8s.. is there any news ive missed?

Comment

Long distance cup
                        Hamish 11/2 win money back 2nd-4th

Fillies and mares
                        Eshaada 8/1 e/w 3 places

Champion stakes
                        Adeyybb 11.0 win
                        Al Aasy 20/1 e/w 4 places

Balmoral handicap
                        Kenzai warrior 25/1 e/w
                        Raise you 20/1 e/w
                        Both 6 places

Extra plays for tomorrow

Comment

Permed a few doubles and trebles with the following;

1:25 - Hamish, Baron Samedi 2:00 - Creative Force, Minzaal
                          3:10 - Master of the seas
                          3:50 - Sealiway

stuck my ?5 free bet from B365 on Sealiway

Will wait and see how the Balmoral prices end up tomorrow, or may have thrown the towel in by that stage

Comment

Who is going through the card tomorrow then....

Selections.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Who is going through the card tomorrow then....

Selections.....
                              I might go through the card with losers haha

I'm taking on everything that ran on Arc day

Comment

Working...
                              X