Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Nunthorpe 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunthorpe 2021

Golden Pal 5/1

Looked a bit of a rocket at 2

If he's strengthened up he could be genuinely exceptional over 5f

Wesley Ward is always bullish so probably shouldn't read much into it but he thinks this guy could be the best horse hes ever trained

Is Battaash only 2lb better, if so it gives Golden Pal a decent chance but Battaash has made this race his own in recent years and seems to come alive at York.
    I assume Battaash heads here (unless you’ve heard otherwise ?) so would assume that 5/1 Golden Pal will hold until race day or very near it…

Comment

If Golden Pal is being aimed at it I’ll be backing him at 5/1 over Battash at slightly shorter.

GP 4 years younger and the only other WW aimed at the race was lady Aurelia so he must think a lot of GP.

I’d want to see a prep run though or at least an entry before taking the 5/1 to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
        If Golden Pal is being aimed at it I’ll be backing him at 5/1 over Battash at slightly shorter.

GP 4 years younger and the only other WW aimed at the race was lady Aurelia so he must think a lot of GP.

I’d want to see a prep run though or at least an entry before taking the 5/1 to be honest.
        Ward says he's running at saratoga as a prep run before coming over and confirmed he's on target for it

I have also taken 10s on him to win the breeders cup turf sprint

I dont buy that battaash wasn't fit for ascot, dont like the way he hung across the track when asked for his effort

Was like he was still feeling a niggle

Comment

Golden Pal (Uncle Mo), front-running winner of the 2020 GII Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint for his breeder Randall Lowe, has been purchased by Mrs. John Magnier, Michael Tabor, Derrick Smith and Westerberg, a Coolmore official confirmed Wednesday. The first foal out of Lowe's outstanding 11-time stakes winner Lady Shipman (Midshipman), Golden Pal was bought

Looks like he's been purchased by coolmore

"Golden Pal is currently in training with Wesley Ward at Churchill Downs, where he breezed five furlongs in an easy 1:02.20 over a firm turf course June 20. Ward is pointing the bay towards a seasonal reappearance in the $120,000 Quick Call S. on opening day of the Saratoga meeting July 15 as a stepping-stone to the G1 Coolmore Wootton Bassett Nunthorpe S. at York Aug. 20. "

Comment

Golden Pal entered up for tomorrow now.

I think Coolmore buying him coupled with them sponsoring the race and Wesley wanting to win the Nunthorpe could be a couple of pointers of what he thinks of him.

Can’t see any prices yet for tomorrow’s race but think he’ll be odds on. Might be worth keeping an eye on the prices before the off for the Nunthorpe.

Comment

Really good sign they are ahead of schedule with him

He could be an absolute rocket

And I cant think of a track that will suit him better than york

He wins this that 10s I took for the breeders cup starts looking like a cracking bet

Comment

I’ve already backed Golden Pal for the Nunthorpe 5/1 and Breeders Cup 8/1 (see 365 cut to 13/2 yesterday). Been trying to get a price for him this week to win all 3 or the latter 2 without any success yet, but will post on here if I get something tomorrow. I like the multi race angle on a horse like this as if he is the business he has a good chance at winning all 3. Also the way he broke from the gate at the Breeders Cup last year makes him more appealing to me in that race as if he gets to the bend in front don’t think he’ll easily be caught.
                Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 14 July 2021, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                  I’ve already backed Golden Pal for the Nunthorpe 5/1 and Breeders Cup 8/1 (see 365 cut to 13/2 yesterday). Been trying to get a price for him this week to win all 3 or the latter 2 without any success yet, but will post on here if I get something tomorrow. I like the multi race angle on a horse like this as if he is the business he has a good chance at winning all 3. Also the way he broke from the gate at the Breeders Cup last year makes him more appealing to me in that race as if he gets to the bend in front don’t think he’ll easily be caught.
                  He's 12/1 for Nunthorpe and BC on Sky RAB, not much of a price but may go down dependent on performance if he's running tomorrow

Comment

He's 12/1 for Nunthorpe and BC on Sky RAB, not much of a price but may go down dependent on performance if he's running tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by That Horse View Post
                      Thanks for flagging, might be in response to my request earlier as asked for the three races and the two....considering he’s a general 9/2 and 11/2 chance I was hoping for bigger than that so will keep to the singles

Comment

Thanks for flagging, might be in response to my request earlier as asked for the three races and the two....considering he’s a general 9/2 and 11/2 chance I was hoping for bigger than that so will keep to the singles
                        Agree that price is shocking at 12/1 to win both. Can get 11/2 for the Nunthorpe with Ladbrokes, although 365 look the only ones to have him priced for the Breeders Cup, shortened considerably though.

I’ve got couple points on for the Nunthorpe and a better price for the Breeders cup so hoping he does the business tonight.

Comment

Skybet have him at 6s to win the breeders cup turf sprint in their request a bet section

Comment

Skybet came back to me around 45 mins ago with a price of 28/1 to win the 3 races starting with the Quick Call Stakes this evening for which he is 4/11. 28/1 is definitely more like it

Comment

Skybet came back to me around 45 mins ago with a price of 28/1 to win the 3 races starting with the Quick Call Stakes this evening for which he is 4/11. 28/1 is definitely more like it
                              Within half hour that’s down 8 points to 20/1 what a joke

How big did you go RC?

Comment

Working...
                              X