Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

1000 Guineas 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have had a look through the race

I want to take on the top 3

Santa Barbara is too short and I dont think either of sacred or alcohol free will stay

So iv had 2 small win bets on Saffron beach and Fev Rover at 12.5 and 16.5 respectively just for a bit of interest

Saffron beach got done for a turn of foot in her trial race and was closing on sacred at the line, id be dissapointed if that form wasn’t reversed

Fev Rover has some solid looking form too and was denied a clear run in France. She has run well at the track and goes on any ground.

she cosily beat Dubai fountain who was only beaten 2 lengths in the fillies mile and looked like shed relish a mile
    Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 1 May 2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
      Have had a look through the race

I want to take on the top 3

Santa Barbara is too short and I dont think either of sacred or alcohol free will stay

So iv had 2 small win bets on Saffron beach and Fev Rover at 12.5 and 16.5 respectively just for a bit of interest

Saffron beach got done for a turn of foot in her trial race and was closing on sacred at the line, id be dissapointed if that form wasn’t reversed

Fev Rover has some solid looking form too and was denied a clear run in France. She has run well at the track and goes on any ground.

she cosily beat Dubai fountain who was only beaten 2 lengths in the fillies mile and looked like shed relish a mile
      Fahey seems quite bullish in his sporting Life column about Fev, which is unlike him.

I've always struggled with his horses, can probably count on one hand the amount of Fahey winners I've had in my life......

Comment

Originally posted by That Horse View Post

Fahey seems quite bullish in his sporting Life column about Fev, which is unlike him.

I've always struggled with his horses, can probably count on one hand the amount of Fahey winners I've had in my life......
        Same hes far from my favourite trainer but she looks to have every chance to me

That dubai fountain was basically the 2yo fillies yardstick

Beat her and youve got a good filly

Fev rover looked to be crying out for the mile that day at sandown too, she was skipping across the gd to firm ground at the end

Comment

Same hes far from my favourite trainer but she looks to have every chance to me

That dubai fountain was basically the 2yo fillies yardstick

Beat her and youve got a good filly

Fev rover looked to be crying out for the mile that day at sandown too, she was skipping across the gd to firm ground at the end
          Going to go with alcohol free and fev rover.

I know there are doubts for alcohol free getting one mile but I'll chance that she'll come on for the run.

Agree with FF above about Fev

Comment

I've settled on Fev Rover @ 22

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              I've settled on Fev Rover @ 22
              Did you go to the exchanges for that price? It's 12's at the bookies I can see

Comment

Originally posted by That Horse View Post

Did you go to the exchanges for that price? It's 12's at the bookies I can see
                Yes, Now 21 but touched 22.

Comment

IAlcohol Free and Sacred had close wins against Statement and Saffron Beach.
                  Fev Rover showed a good attitude to beat Plainchant (twice a winner since) at Deauville
                  Vadream was a running on 3rd from a long way back in the Fred Darling

Looking for value I'm going for Sacred, Statement, Fev Rover and Vadream

Comment

Was anyone on at 50/1 due to the Snowfall cock up?

Comment

Shale or indigo girl wouldve won that

I'm convinced of it

Fev rover was definitely the wrong price though, both her and Saffron beach ran gallant races

Comment

Shale or indigo girl wouldve won that

I'm convinced of it
                        Snow Lantern also

Comment

Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post

Snow Lantern also
                          And pretty gorgeous probably too

The fillies mile was the key form but the best horses in it never turned up

Comment

And pretty gorgeous probably too

The fillies mile was the key form but the best horses in it never turned up
                            Fantastic Fox was who 3rd to Snow Lantern runs today, should win and the form will look good.
                            Last edited by HoldenTheReins; 2 May 2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post

Fantastic Fox was who 3rd to Snow Lantern runs today, should win and the form will look good.
                              Won easily

Comment

I find it hard to see why Mother Earth won that apart from an Aidan sleight of hand - big up your horse with one win and keep the other one quiet but put Dettori on it.
                                The only argument for me is the Breeder's Cup 2nd but that reasoning failed spectacularly for Battleground (a different race though) and the horse that beat ME there has since failed badly at odds on. The other race is the 3rd in the fillies mile but that was on soft and the others involved in the finish haven't run since.

I like Fev Rover for the future but it may well not be such a big price again.

Comment

Working...
                                X