Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

1000 Guineas 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchtownboy View Post
    Can't seem to find this

....Ante-Post special doubles.

Comment

Given the big drift on her i wouldn't be backing it anyway personally

She must only be half fit looking at the exchange prices

Comment

According to donnacha she is only just ready to start so whatever she does today expect a big step forward next time

Comment

Well the SP said it all

13lbs clear on ratings so should be odds on but goes off 7/2 and looked very fresh down at the start

she looked like she did in the moyglare too over 7f that she needed a step up to a mile as she was flat to the boards from half way

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
            Well the SP said it all

13lbs clear on ratings so should be odds on but goes off 7/2 and looked very fresh down at the start

she looked like she did in the moyglare too over 7f that she needed a step up to a mile as she was flat to the boards from half way
            Yep the debut reflected what was said in the market. I thought it was fine providing she comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

Yep the debut reflected what was said in the market. I thought it was fine providing she comes on.
              You could see why Santa Barbara has shortened, after watching AOB’s three runners in the 1000 Guineas Trial.

Reports were that she was working all over everything, and his all finishing in the heap for the places (and beyond) there, shows that his three probably aren’t much better than 100 ratings at present.

Santa Barbara is mostly 2/1 now, after todays race.

We have Newmarket and Newbury Trials this week, and then that’s about it, before the Newmarket classics in three weeks time.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

You could see why Santa Barbara has shortened, after watching AOB’s three runners in the 1000 Guineas Trial.

Reports were that she was working all over everything, and his all finishing in the heap for the places (and beyond) there, shows that his three probably aren’t much better than 100 ratings at present.

Santa Barbara is mostly 2/1 now, after todays race.

We have Newmarket and Newbury Trials this week, and then that’s about it, before the Newmarket classics in three weeks time.
                She may well be but 2/1 is comically short as it stands IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

She may well be but 2/1 is comically short as it stands IMO.
                  Every time I think that’s the case, then I want to benefit from my belief that the price is short.

My next thought is always that there must be a lot of value outside of the favourite, then, and it starts my investigation of the market.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Apparently the last 7 winners of the 1000 Guineas that had a prep race were all beaten on their 3 year old debut.

So all is not lost for shale

And with the othe cocoolmore fillies finishing behind her, even joan of arc who had race fitness surely she will head to newmarket.

she also looked like a step up to a mile is very much needed

As it stands I'm still happy with my position having indigo girl and shale on side

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Every time I think that’s the case, then I want to benefit from my belief that the price is short.

My next thought is always that there must be a lot of value outside of the favourite, then, and it starts my investigation of the market.
                      Yeh exactly. Theres more to be made finding something to place and backing SB @ 2/1

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                        Apparently the last 7 winners of the 1000 Guineas that had a prep race were all beaten on their 3 year old debut.

So all is not lost for shale

And with the othe cocoolmore fillies finishing behind her, even joan of arc who had race fitness surely she will head to newmarket.

she also looked like a step up to a mile is very much needed

As it stands I'm still happy with my position having indigo girl and shale on side
                        Here's hoping you are spot on FF91.

I've just watched it back and Shale should have finished further back than she did, and stayed on well. Hopefully DOB says the aim is here now in the coming days

Comment

....Hills have a to win Nell Gwynn & 1k gns;

Saffron Beach 25-1
                          Love is You 33-1
                          Divine Light 40-1

Comment

Love is you does look interesting but id have my doubts she wants 7f on gd to firm ground

Comment

.....Hills have to ‘win Dubai Duty Free & 1K gns’;

Alcahol Free 25-1
                              Isabella Giles 50-1
                              Happy Romance 60-1
                              Dandalla 66-1
                              Zaajirah 100-1
                              Wild Iris 100-1
                              Last edited by Eggs; 17 April 2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                                .....Hills have to ‘win Dubai Duty Free & 1K gns’;

Alcahol Free 25-1
                                Isabella Giles 50-1
                                Happy Romance 60-1
                                Dandalla 66-1
                                Zaajirah 100-1
                                Wild Iris 100-1
                                Is anyone able to add Lucid dreamer to this. I have never be able to get a selection added for anything with Hills.

Comment

Working...
                                X