Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2023 Diamond Geezer Cup (Antepost Tipping Competition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Diamond Geezer Cup (Antepost Tipping Competition)

Hello everyone, welcome to the 3rd Fat Jockey ante-post tipping competition!

Entries are now CLOSED. ​The list of entries can be found HERE. A summary view of the entries can be found HERE.

Previous Winners
    Year Winner 2nd 3rd
    2021 Lobos (185.58) Bonjers (167.58) Halffat1 (165.83)
    2022 Mighty (135.10) TiggerRoll (132.03) Ray (126.70)
    The rules are as follows:

Everybody who enters will pick one horse for each race of the festival. Your selection will score points for coming anywhere fourth or better, the scoring system is as follows:

Winner - 10 points
    Second - 5 points
    Third - 3 points
    Fourth - 1 point.

There is a bonus for each winner equal to a level ?1 stake on that selection. All prices will be taken as the best price on Oddschecker once the deadline closes (not including exchanges) when I finalise everyone's selections, or SP otherwise. e.g If Allegorie De Vassy is selected in the ante post comp and the best price of 9/4 is available at the deadline, the bonus earned would be 2.25 points if Allegorie De Vassy won the Mares Chase. If she happened to run (and win) the Champion Hurdle with an SP of 16/1, with no price available at the deadline, the bonus points earned would be 16 points.

All non-runners will score zero points.

If a horse isn't available from the options, please message me and I'll get them added.

I will try to provide daily updates on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings with an up to date leaderboard. The winner will likely be announced on the Friday night.​
    Last edited by Dandrew99; 15 January 2023, 11:41 PM.

Great stuff Dandrew99, these comps are always enjoyed by many, thanks for stepping up…

Comment

Flipping heck Dandrew99 , you really are an IT guru. Great effort!

Comment

Fantastic work this lad. Will enter when I get a moment.

Comment

Top man Dandrew99

Comment

Yeah, great stuff Dandrew99

Comment

Comment

All worth it just to get Spectre to give us a hint of this year's Naiad

Comment

Originally posted by Dandrew99 View Post
                  All worth it just to get Spectre to give us a hint of this year's Naiad
                  For the purposes of the Naiad it's good that our choices are not visible this year. I saw Spectre had put up Galahad for the Ultima in his selections last year and assumed it was a double bluff!

Spectre has been v low key this season, I hope there is a 2023 Naiad in the pipeline...

Comment

Originally posted by jrjr View Post

For the purposes of the Naiad it's good that our choices are not visible this year. I saw Spectre had put up Galahad for the Ultima in his selections last year and assumed it was a double bluff!

Spectre has been v low key this season, I hope there is a 2023 Naiad in the pipeline...
                    I'll probably post the selections once the deadline passes, some interesting ones in there already! There's a horse in a handicap that's been as popular as Constitution Hill...

I'm sure he's lurking around somewhere, definitely been missed though!

Comment

I'll probably post the selections once the deadline passes, some interesting ones in there already! There's a horse in a handicap that's been as popular as Constitution Hill...

I'm sure he's lurking around somewhere, definitely been missed though!
                      If I was to guess... Spanish Harlem!

Comment

Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post

All shall be revealed in a few weeks

Comment

All shall be revealed in a few weeks
                          What happens if a horse is missing from a race we want to select? Can you add them in?

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

What happens if a horse is missing from a race we want to select? Can you add them in?
                            Yes mate, just let me know who you want. Should have every horse on Oddschecker on there though, so if it's priced up somewhere (for the bonus points) then it should be in the list...
                            ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post

For a handicap? Needs two runs for a mark, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X