Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Nap, Lay and E/W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAP: FACT TO FILE at 20-1 in the Champion Bumper. Strong finish to win the two-and-a-half mile bumper at Leopardstown where Appreciate It started out. People have crabbed the 132rpr but it was by some margin the best in a messy bumper season so far. He's a sure-fire improver, will get the trip well, shouldn't be outpaced and the likely conditions (heavy, good to soft, soft, soft, soft in the last 5 years) will play to his strengths.

LAY: MIGHTY POTTER at 4-1 in the Turners. Pulled up in the Supreme on his only previous visit to Cheltenham. I'd want to see him put in a good round of jumping at the course before the Fez and that won't happen. Willie holds all the aces and Mighty Potter will do well to make the frame.

EW: GOOD TIME JONNY at 33-1 in the Pertemps. Won a 50k 3-mile handicap hurdle at the DRF last year before running well in the Bartlett where he faded in the straight. Qualified third behind Maxxum at Leopardstown - beaten more than 16l with a 7lb claimer on board and giving 11lbs. Big swing in the weights in March. Jonny's now 8 and the first 6 home last March were all aged 8 to 10. Six of the last 10 winners were handicapped in the 140s and he should have a decent weight, hopefully off about 142 with tax. He's shown a great turn of foot on occasions and Tony Martin is no mug when it comes to big handicaps. Love to see Kevin Sexton back on. board.

Comment

NAP - GDC, now he has proven he can settle, I see him out classing and out galloping the opposition. No issues with trip imo.

LAY - Jonbon, whilst he jumps great I don’t think his overall form justifies his price and see one of Willie’s either picking him off up the hill and/or running the finish out of him early doors.

E/W - Credrojava, Mares Novice - similar profile to last years winner and last time out beating of She’s a Saint is I believe strong form - 25s too big.

Comment

NAP - Allegorie De Vassy. If the RPR is to go by, she could run well below here debut and still piss in. With natural improvement as well, she should win. I like the price about her in what looks like a dreadful race.

Lay - Hermes Allen. He isn’t going to beat the Irish. Let alone Gaelic cert.

Each way - Fakir Doudaries in the Ryanair. He’s the 2nd best middle distance chaser in training in the last two years. And yet he’s that price?

Comment

NAP - Facile Vega
          Lay - Delta Work
          E/W - Bo Zenith

Comment

…I’ll go with;

Nap; GDC (Gold Cup) - the game needs superstars and this fella looks one.

Lay; Jonbon (Ark) - the Irish will have one or two superior.

E/W - Gentlemansgame - I reckon he’ll improve lots for his debut win. Rob Acheson said he was the Nov Chaser he was most looking forward to & Mouse Morris is a trainer who can ready one for the big day. Not sure where he might be aimed, his next race will tell us more.

NB E/W Blue Lord - has to be in the frame wherever he turns up.
            Last edited by Eggs; 4 January 2023, 06:16 AM.

Comment

NAP: Allegorie de Vassey (Mares Chase). While you'd be worried about her inexperience, she looked incredibly strong on debut and her hurdle form looks really solid. You could see her competing against geldings which is more than you can say for her opposition in a weak division.

LAY: Hermes Allen (Ballymore). Solid place chances but I'm not sure about the strength of his form. With Facile Vega looking good in the 2m novice hurdle division, a number of strong Irish novices could come to the Ballymore and one of them will be too good for the best of the British.

EACH WAY: Fact To File (Champion Bumper): It's not just that he's put up the biggest bumper RPR this season so far, it's the way he did it. I really liked the way he toughed it out and competed to win. You could easily see him fighting hard in the Bumper and placing at least.

Comment

NAP: Allegorie De Vassy & Brandy Love double. I think they are two exceptional mares, in the hands of the best target trainer in the business. BL swatted aside Love Envoi at Fairyhouse and she's gone on to frank the form this season. Marie's Rock the danger. ADV won't see another rival imo - she's in a different league to the rest.

Lay: Lossiemouth. There are usually so many unknowns in this market 3 months before the festival that laying at 6/4 makes sense. Even if there's nothing else in the locker, it wouldn't be the biggest shock if Gala Marceau improved past her.

E/W: Gala Marceau. As above

Comment

NAP: Appreciate It @ 6/1 in the Arkle.

LAY: Hermes Allen @ 10/3 in the Ballymore.

E/W: Cougar @ 25/1 in the Boodles.

Comment

Nap - Delta Work

Lay - Energumene

Ew - Love Envoi

Comment

NAP - Lossiemouth - she looks an absolute tool imo

Lay - Galopin des Champs - oo not a popular one joe. He'll probably dot up, but I prefer my GC horses to have some 3m chase form imo. I also wouldn't be astonished if he moved to the Ryanair too

EW - Arctic Bresil w/o Facile Vega. 16/1 1 lol, fill ya boots

Comment

NAP: Allegorie De Vassy
                        Lay: Mighty Potter (just don’t like the horse’s form, nor his past performance at Cheltenham. Think he’ll bomb and not even place).
                        EW: Rare Edition (Supreme) or Sandor Clegane (Spud race)

Comment

NAP: Home By The Lee 6-1, won both his races this season fair and square looking much improved should be a lot shorter.

LAY: Facile Vega 10-11, price way to short for what he's accomplished. Could well be a monster but hasn't looked it to me over hurdles yet.

EW: We've All Been Caught 25-1, looks an out and out stayer and has course form might not be good enough to win but I find it hard to see him out the places.

Comment

NAP - Allegorie De Vassy - 9/4 Mares Chase - Just think she’s a class above everything else in race. I’ve never been one for RPRs so that has no bearing on my view. I think if any of the top 5 or 6 in the mares hurdle betting went chasing (and jumped adequately) they’d have a favourites chance in this so the fact ADV jumps well and would’ve been short enough in the betting for the mares hurdle gives her a great chance. If telmesomethinggirl’s jumping improves then I’d give her a shout but otherwise I feel it’s ADV’s to lose.

Lay - Facile Vega - 4/5 Supreme - At the current prices based on what he’s done over hurdles he’s too short for me. Trainer comments and bumper form might make me look silly and he could take a better field apart in his next run but at time of writing I can’t make him and odds on shot.

EW - Halka Du Tabert - 14/1 MNH - think her relentless galloping style might suit the mares novice hurdle. Might not quite have the class to win it but would be surprised if she was out the first 3 or 4 home.

Comment

NAP - Hiddenvalley Lake for the Albert Bartlett, sometimes you just have to trust your eyes and the way he motored clear the last day at Cork after 3m was too eye catching to ignore.

LAY - Honeysuckle (If she goes for the Mares), Marie's Rock and Brandy Love if she turns up are much more progressive and I think they'd fill the first 2 spots even if Honeysuckle turns up.

EW - French Dynamite for the Ryanair, if Allaho doesn't turn up I'll be really hoping Blue Lord rocks up for this, but if Allaho doesn't turn up and Blue Lord went for Champion Chase, French Dynamite is a big price for this at about 33/1.

Comment

Nap. - JonBon . Hasn't come off the Bridle yet , Jump's like a Stag . Lay him at your PERIL !! . .
                                Lay . - Gaillard du Mesnil . - Doesn't convince me that he's a winner in waiting , ridiculous short price ..
                                Each/Way. - Banbridge - turners nov chs . , Didn't like the ground at Fairyhouse , 2 from 2 at Cheltenham ,old and new course .
                                20-1 still there . Lovely each way proposition ..

Comment

Working...
                                X