Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post

Another interesting Mullins one is Reality Cheque who is entered
    Reality Cheque was one I had previously mentioned but they seemed to talk up other bumper horses in the stable tour instead.

Comment

• Fiston Des Issards vs Reality Cheque in the bumper at Fairyhouse, although FDI is not eligible for the Champion Bumper at the festival.

Comment

• Any news on Brandy Love yet for this? Cant even find her on the Racing TV tracker yet.

Comment

• Not seen any talk about Grand Paradis winning the bumper yesterday which surprises me, i thought he looked top notch. It was the bumper that Ferny and Envoi have run in so is clearly targeted at with good horses and he couldnt have won it much more comfortably. Codd always looked comfortable and when asked a question he went clear easily. He's still available at 25s so maybe one thats gone a little under the radar with envoi, ballyadam and honeysuckle all winning on the same card.

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
            Not seen any talk about Grand Paradis winning the bumper yesterday which surprises me, i thought he looked top notch. It was the bumper that Ferny and Envoi have run in so is clearly targeted at with good horses and he couldnt have won it much more comfortably. Codd always looked comfortable and when asked a question he went clear easily. He's still available at 25s so maybe one thats gone a little under the radar with envoi, ballyadam and honeysuckle all winning on the same card.
            Yeah I was surprised nobody mentioned it. Saxon did have it in his excellent thread, but thought someone would have mentioned it in here yesterday. Didnt get involved though as content with Sir Gerhard.

Comment

Not seen any talk about Grand Paradis winning the bumper yesterday which surprises me, i thought he looked top notch. It was the bumper that Ferny and Envoi have run in so is clearly targeted at with good horses and he couldnt have won it much more comfortably. Codd always looked comfortable and when asked a question he went clear easily. He's still available at 25s so maybe one thats gone a little under the radar with envoi, ballyadam and honeysuckle all winning on the same card.

....I actually had a couple of points on the 75-1 ‘win today’ offer after I highlighted it a few days ago. Watching the race, one got away in the front and went odds-on in-running. Grand Paradis had to make significant ground quickly late-on to wear down the leader.

i didn’t think a whole lot of the performance despite getting it in my book, but it might be decent in hindsight. I suppose much will depend on its next run and how well yesterday’s opponents do.

Comment

This year's didn't look on paper anywhere near as strong as previous ones. RPRs aren't something to swear by but he only received 107. I would be surprised if he is up to it, but as Eggs says, we will know more once he and the placed horses run again.

Comment

• Sir Gerhard as short as 4/1 now for the race with PP

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                    Sir Gerhard as short as 4/1 now for the race with PP
                    His debut was impressive but that’s absurd at the end of November & after only 1 run. Guaranteed Willie will have a couple of nice ones that have yet to come out there’s a potential nice one entered in the bumper in navan at the weekend by stowaway out of a presenting mare.

I know we get the same rants about every market in every year but this one seems especially ridiculous to me given it’s probably one of the most volatile markets of the festival with next to nothing known about potential contestants at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post

His debut was impressive but that’s absurd at the end of November & after only 1 run. Guaranteed Willie will have a couple of nice ones that have yet to come out there’s a potential nice one entered in the bumper in navan at the weekend by stowaway out of a presenting mare.

I know we get the same rants about every market in every year but this one seems especially ridiculous to me given it’s probably one of the most volatile markets of the festival with next to nothing known about potential contestants at this stage.
                      Totally absurd I agree. He’s the only one that’s really impressed me though - apart from that Mullins horse which I can’t remember the name of!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

Totally absurd I agree. He’s the only one that’s really impressed me though - apart from that Mullins horse which I can’t remember the name of!
                        Was it Brooklynn Glory?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

Was it Brooklynn Glory?
                          That’s it! Thank you

Comment

• Still no sign of My Whirlwind either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                              Still no sign of My Whirlwind either.
                              She's bound and gagged and being kept in Nicky's basement, where he keeps his brandy and vaseline.

Comment

• SIR GERHARD'S second run is planned to be on Sunday 13th December in the Listed Bumper that Envoi Allen won on his 2nd start.

There, he is likely to take on the current 2nd fav Letsbeclearaboutit who is currently rated the equal (or slightly better) than Sir Gerhard.

So we will know pretty soon what he is really made of

If he swats Letsbe aside easily, then he would go 2/1 fav.

Its interesting that BF/PP have cut him to 4s today.

Any price reduction on Lestbe would be equally interesting, though the trainer has said he doesn't plan on going to Cheltenham this year. If he beat SG a week on Sunday that plan could change.

That Listed race is a big one for anyone with fancy prices on SG.
                                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
                                X