Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

To win TODAY and at the Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

....45-1 Sky.
    Thanks Eggs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

That Royale Pagaille one might be interesting?

Sure to go off fav in the Peter Marsh, might be thrown in and then the NH Chase if he went there??

Then again, he could go for the Ultima and be badly treated.

The odds are probably similar though as he's 3/1 and 10/1?

Not got chance to work it out at the moment got to leaaaaaave.
      If Haydock's on.
      And he wins the Peter Marsh off 156, then he'll be running in the Gold Cup. IMO.
      badly treated would be how I'd describe him now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

If Haydock's on.
        And he wins the Peter Marsh off 156, then he'll be running in the Gold Cup. IMO.
        badly treated would be how I'd describe him now.
        From what Venetia said that's the way I see it too. Does sound like the GC is the preferred route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

From what Venetia said that's the way I see it too. Does sound like the GC is the preferred route.
          What's she said and where is it?

It would seem odd to send him to the Gold Cup as a seven year old novice when he has the novice chases, and particularly the National Hunt Chase. The NHC surely would be the preferred option rather than the Gold Cup when his likely achilles heal is his jumping. The Gold Cup route would seem very un-Venetia like.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

What's she said and where is it?

It would seem odd to send him to the Gold Cup as a seven year old novice when he has the novice chases, and particularly the National Hunt Chase. The NHC surely would be the preferred option rather than the Gold Cup when his likely achilles heal is his jumping. The Gold Cup route would seem very un-Venetia like.
            If he wins the Peter Marsh he surely gets into the 160's.
            Why would you not run in the Gold cup.
            He'd have had 9 chase starts and be the perfect age.

Comment

• His jumping Q. He jumps like a novice. If he was carrying your money in a Gold Cup you'd be watching the race through your hands. The slower pace of a NH Chase would help him, the fast pace of a Gold Cup and he'd be an accident waiting to happen.

Bear in mind I really like the horse and have an Open G1 rating for him from Kempton, but I just couldn't send him to the Gold Cup on jumping alone.

Comment

• I am curious as to what Venetia has said if anyone can find it. I've been off searching and can't find anything. He's got the entry, but the most recent interview with Venetia doesn't mention taking it up.

If these comments are made they need a link to reference them. People make bet, lay, and cash out decisions on the strength of comments on here.

Comment

If he wins the Peter Marsh he surely gets into the 160's.
                  Why would you not run in the Gold cup.
                  He'd have had 9 chase starts and be the perfect age.
                  Yep. 154 now. Put up a stone last time which Venitia wasn't happy about. Same ownership as Monkfish so unlikely to take him on and if he wins at weekend then Handicap out of the question.

Comment

Yep. 154 now. Put up a stone last time which Venitia wasn't happy about. Same ownership as Monkfish so unlikely to take him on and if he wins at weekend then Handicap out of the question.
                    think he's 156

Comment

• Sky have Honeysuckle to win Irish Champion Hurdle and Cheltenham one at 22/1. It's also on there at 16/1 which I used a free bet on yesterday....

The 22/1 version is in their antepost special doubles section if anyone is looking for it.
                      Last edited by isitmarchyet; 19 January 2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

think he's 156
                        Blimey. You are right. They've put him up a further 2lbs. Presumably someone has franked the form? Venetia will be fuming ?? That's it then. If he does win well at the weekend they'll go GC unless Monkfish pulls out. Can't imagine they'll go NHC.

Comment

Blimey. You are right. They've put him up a further 2lbs. Presumably someone has franked the form? Venetia will be fuming ?? That's it then. If he does win well at the weekend they'll go GC unless Monkfish pulls out. Can't imagine they'll go NHC.
                          Double shuffle won nto and they put rp up another 2lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice View Post

Double shuffle won nto and they put rp up another 2lbs.
                            Thanks. At least the forms been franked for supporters

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                              I am curious as to what Venetia has said if anyone can find it. I've been off searching and can't find anything. He's got the entry, but the most recent interview with Venetia doesn't mention taking it up.

If these comments are made they need a link to reference them. People make bet, lay, and cash out decisions on the strength of comments on here.
                              Spectre

Spectre - I'm assuming you are referring to the interview info copied below, in case others haven't seen already.

As you indicate, I can't track down anything which references a preference or a decision on Royal Pigalle's race target.

In respect of Royal Pigalle, see below Venetia's words as reported by the Racing Post on 15th January. Unless something else has come out subsequently, this is very clear that no decision about the Cheltenham target will be made until after the Peter Marsh Chase.

QUOTE:

Williams said: "The handicapper has gone and popped him up another two after Double Shuffle's victory which I thought was a bit punchy as he would have probably been beaten had the other horse jumped the last better. The plan, all being well, is to go to the Peter Marsh at Haydock on Saturday week. We will take it one step at a time with him.

"I got him at the sales in France two years ago but he didn't run for a year after I got him. It took a while to get him sorted. He was a tad disappointing in the first couple of runs the previous season for us, but we're thrilled he has stepped up now.

"I do find it slightly intriguing the handicapper has taken the view of putting him up above most of the novices that have been running in the Graded novices, which seems a little bit bizarre.

"You have to remember at Kempton he was running against handicappers and not all of them were at the top of their game. I've no doubt the second was in good form but there were quite a few that weren't. We will see how he goes at Haydock and make further decisions after that."

Comment

• I'd be surprised if they went for a Gold Cup with him rather than a NH Chase.

I mean really, he's not winning a Gold Cup is he, even a terrible edition (which this isn't)... I think that's insane myself. If connections do go there, fair enough, have a go at the big 'un, but noooo chance I'd want him onside. I don't even care if he wins the Peter Marsh by 15L off whatever he is, I still wouldn't back him at 100/1 for a Gold Cup.

No horse beaten by Vision Des Flos will ever win a Gold Cup. IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X